CPU not working

Hello guys.Two days ago I was working on my PC.It suddenly shut itself down as if power supply was cut off.After that I am unable to turn it on. The Turning on switch on my CPU doesn't respond now.I'm sure it is supplied with sufficient power and my keyboard and external hard disk light is on whenever I connect the CPU to a power supply.I opened the cabinet and cleaned the dust particles with a dry cloth but in vain. I don't know much about hardware so I didn't remove any of it. I am taking it to a shop soon. Before I do it, can you tell me what might have happened and can I use it again without taking to a shop?

My PC hardware configurations are:

256 MB RAM
Intel Pentium 4
128 MB N vidia graphic card
windows XP professional
Gigabyte mother board

Tech&ME

Banned
If your system got shutdown suddenly, then this could be due to Processor overheat.

Since, you are very new to all this you should take it to the shop you bought it from. OR call a service technician (any professional person) to help you with this.

Most probably, cleaning the system and particularly the Processor and putting it back may solve your problem.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
As Tech&ME said, since you seem to be at a loss as to how to approach the problem, it may be best for you to take it to a shop or otherwise enlist the help of someone with good experience.

I'd just like to mention one thing. With most technical products, be it a computer, TV, car, industrial machine, etc., it's usually easier to troubleshoot a dead machine than one that works intermittently.

Top Bottom