CPU & Motherboard Price List

quicky008

Technomancer
Well,thats certainly worth waiting for then-lets hope the prices of these new mobos wont exceed the 10k mark.

btw whats all this fuss about ryzen 3rd gen cpus running at higher voltages than normal?Are they like this by design?Are they likely to sustain any damages in the long run by running at 1.4-1.5 volts?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well,thats certainly worth waiting for then-lets hope the prices of these new mobos wont exceed the 10k mark.

btw whats all this fuss about ryzen 3rd gen cpus running at higher voltages than normal?Are they like this by design?Are they likely to sustain any damages in the long run by running at 1.4-1.5 volts?
See this:Ryzen 3000 Voltages are far too high.
Somebody commented "In another thread a representative explained that the reported voltages are not correct for idle because the core has gone to sleep. The voltage only updates while the CPU is under load. You can use Ryzen master to check the state of the cores."
Also it seems Ryzen 3xxx has high volts at idle and lower volts under load.As for running hotter that is because heat density of these chips is much more(all the heat is now within 7nm compared to 12nm of ryzen 2xxx) so despite having lower tdp they are running hotter(nothing can be done about this as it is law of physics,seems like new cooler designs are the need of the hour).

nac

Aspiring Novelist
AMD's listed support for PBO : Amd
Going by that and one of the link posted in that thread suggest that PB2 and XFR2 is available for 2200G but no option in my BIOS/board. Asked MSI about this, will see what they say about it.
In youutbe I saw one of the A320 board have PBO/PB2 available. If I remember right, it wasn't available before.

By the way, I have updated to latest BIOS and it went smooth. No issues when updating.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those A320 mobos probably have beta bios/released by mistake bios. As far as I know,latest bios updates on B450 mobos with smaller bios chips to accommodate ryzen 3xxx will result in some features removal(some raid etc functionality) so read the changelog carefully & as usual do not update bios unless it fixes some major issue.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
*static.techspot.com/articles-info/1885/images/2019-08-05-image-2.png

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 vs. Intel Core i5-9400F: Mainstream Titans Clash

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Those A320 mobos probably have beta bios/released by mistake bios. As far as I know,latest bios updates on B450 mobos with smaller bios chips to accommodate ryzen 3xxx will result in some features removal(some raid etc functionality) so read the changelog carefully & as usual do not update bios unless it fixes some major issue.
I updated to see if the new BIOS has that feature. Both old and new BIOS doesn't have precision boost.
MSI replied that Raven Ridge APUs doesn't support Precision boost. But there are lot of reviews and wikichip suggest it does. (Google search)
MSI asked me to roll back to previous BIOS before saying my CPU doesn't support PBO.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@chimera201 Not exactly helpful.9400F can be easily matched with a good 7-8k B360/B365 mobo but Ryzen 3600 needs at least a 17k asus tuf gaming x570(if one doesn't want to take chances with cheaper B450/X470 mobos).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
MSI replied that Raven Ridge APUs doesn't support Precision boost.
May be they meant not supported on A320 mobos which is true(at least officially,unofficially there may be some bios/modded bios to enable this but no manufacturer will officially acknowledge it).

Reactions: nac

quicky008

Technomancer
is there any word on when the msi b450 max series mobos will be launching in india? I read somewhere that the expected launch date was aug 12th,but none of the major retailers eg vedant,md etc seem to have it stock as of yet.Quite curiously,the older msi b450 motherboards eg tomahawk,mortar etc have been out of stock at these sites for the last few days-who knows,maybe they are being discontinued.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
is there any word on when the msi b450 max series mobos will be launching in india? I read somewhere that the expected launch date was aug 12th,but none of the major retailers eg vedant,md etc seem to have it stock as of yet.Quite curiously,the older msi b450 motherboards eg tomahawk,mortar etc have been out of stock at these sites for the last few days-who knows,maybe they are being discontinued.
Situation doesn't look good for MAX mobos,at least in US they are delayed till Sept. Also MSI has discontinued Mortar(non-max).

quicky008

Technomancer
looks like tomahawk max is currently available at vedant

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX MOTHERBOARD

are there any known issues or risks on pairing it with ryzen 3000 cpus?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Online comments suggests a bit long POST times(20-30sec) but other than that,it seems fine.Get it ASAP if you are planning to get one.Also keep in mind MSI after sales support is not good(just check /r/IndianGaming ).

quicky008

Technomancer
acc. to reddit,msi's after sales service is really bad-because of this i am having second thoughts about buying a msi mobo.Also this motherboard is pretty expensive at 10k-i dont want to spend more than 8-9k on the mobo as its supposed to be a budget build.

They are recommending gigabyte boards,but is there any GB mobo available(Apart from the x570 series) that works with ryzen 3000 out of the box?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well that's the decision to make,I have read many horror stories of MSI support on reddit but those are mostly about graphics cards & laptops.Many people purchased tomahawk(& mortar) as it was once the most recommended ryzen mobo on reddit IndianGaming.Chances of it developing issues in 3 years warranty are quite low because of its good build quality. If still not sure then better save 5-6k more & go for asus tuf gaming X570 for better long term usage & reliability. I won't say a ryzen 3600 can be considered a "budget build",you can go with intel 9400F with a good B365 mobo like asrock phantom gaming 4 for 8.4k from theitdepot(if gaming is main priority) or used ryzen 2600/1600(new one now costs just 10.5k on primeabgb) with asrock B450 Pro 4 mobo for 7k from primeabgb.

quicky008

Technomancer
asrock phantom gaming 4 b365 looks good but i'd read somewhere earlier that they have issues with their after-sales service as well-has their situation improved in the recent years/months thereby making it feasible for people to go for asrock again?

i had thought about going for intel initially due to my budgetary constraints but one big issue with intel is the non-availability of any decent motherboard for a particular platform 3-4 years after its launch-this situation has forced me discard perfectly good cpus in the past,simply because i couldn't find any compatible boards for them when the original mainboards died.

that's the reason i am thinking of sticking to amd for now-atleast in their case its still possible to get mobos for cpus as they are not in the habit of changing sockets repeatedly every 2-3 years.

Will the Ryzen 2600 serve well for gaming?It costs around 14k right now and i think it can be paired even with budget(sub 7k )b450 boards like GB b450m Ds3h.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
With intel,yeah,that's an issue.You can go with ryzen 2600 then but at least pair it with Asrock B450 Pro 4(7k on primeabgb). Asrock B350/450 has a fairly good reputation even abroad for its price range & as for after sales support it is at least/should be better than MSI(going by absence of its online criticism). Btw X570 series is not compatible with 1st gen ryzen but practically it makes no difference as B450/X470 is. Also 3-4 years from now mobos will come with DDR5 ram & at that time there will obviously be no compatibility with many current processors(incl ryzen old gens).

shreeux

Movie Buff
With intel,yeah,that's an issue.You can go with ryzen 2600 then but at least pair it with Asrock B450 Pro 4(7k on primeabgb). Asrock B350/450 has a fairly good reputation even abroad for its price range & as for after sales support it is at least/should be better than MSI(going by absence of its online criticism). Btw X570 series is not compatible with 1st gen ryzen but practically it makes no difference as B450/X470 is. Also 3-4 years from now mobos will come with DDR5 ram & at that time there will obviously be no compatibility with many current processors(incl ryzen old gens).

What happens suddenly everyone discards MSI?
You know well...Recently bought Ryzen 5 2600+MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC....Still no issues.,

Anything to do?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
AMD said they will keep this AM4 socket till 2020 (one of the recent comment from AMD official suggest they could keep AM4 socket for even longer). Now BIOS chip doesn't have enough memory to support 3 generations of CPUs. Lets say Ryzen 4th Gen even 5th still have the same socket, will 600/700 series board support old CPUs or the legacy boards will support Ryzen 5000 CPUs? or Will the board makers put a 64MB BIOS chip to accommodate all generation CPUs? They have already kept the same socket for 3 yrs. This is probably the second last series.

Ds3H is too cheap for 2600/3600. Better get at least TUF B450M Pro Gaming if you want to stick with Asus or Gigabyte and want to spend least.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What happens suddenly everyone discards MSI?
You know well...Recently bought Ryzen 5 2600+MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC....Still no issues.,

Anything to do?
Many recent posts about poor MSI after sales support on reddit(/r/IndianGaming) though most cases are of graphics cards & laptops. Still MSI B450 Tomahawk & gaming pro carbon ac are the best reviewed/best quality mobos in their price range so unless one is very unlucky,little chances of even requiring after sales support in warranty period.

Top Bottom