CPU & Motherboard Price List

Neo

change of plans, going with X570 mini ITX.
Where can I find the Asus X570 Strix-I Mini ITX motherboard?

Only other option is Gigabyte Aorus X570 I. but the Asus Strix is better.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't think it's available yet. You can contact the importer / distributor though.
Ranked as No 1 Best IT Distributor in India-Rashi Peripherals

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Not yet released or will never be released for Asia-Pacific region.
Next lower rung alternative is:*www.amazon.in/GIGABYTE-B450-AORUS-...1&hvtargid=pla-497273824281&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

Neo

Uhh changed plans again. Got MSI X570 Unify. I was going for a mini ITX build but then decided to go with ATX. I'm a moron

quicky008

Technomancer
Is it safe to enable xmp while using 3000 mhz ram on a mobo which supports upto 2666 mhz?

Will enabling it cause the the ram sticks to run at 2666 mhz-can it cause any long term damage to the cpu, mobo or ram due to overheating /over volting or other issues?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it safe to enable xmp while using 3000 mhz ram on a mobo which supports upto 2666 mhz?

Will enabling it cause the the ram sticks to run at 2666 mhz-can it cause any long term damage to the cpu, mobo or ram due to overheating /over volting or other issues?
The max damage a wrongly overclocked ram can do is bsod & data corruption. XMP cannot run at more than max supported speed by mobo, it is meant for running ram at higher frequency than ram manufacturer default ram speed & up to mobo/processor max supported ram speed.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have this CPU 2200G running 4yr old BIOS. Years back when I updated, I was asked by MSI support to roll back to older one. Since then I didn't bother updating. Now thinking of updating to the latest BIOS to experience the improvements over the years (boot time for one among many) and also getting ready for CPU upgrade. But I don't want to get into a trouble after updating.

Is this possible to get a list of supported CPUs by a particular BIOS version? I am asking because AMD chose to drop support for some CPUs to make space for newer CPUs. I don't want to lose support for my current CPU - 2200G after updating.

I see they have dropped these CPUs back in Jul 2019.
Athlon x4 970/950/940, A12-9800/9800E, A10-9700/9700E, A8-9600, A6-9550/9500/9500E
There is no mention of 2200G or any Raven Ridge for that matter till now. Since this CPU is from the 1st gen, I am just being careful and trying to make sure it's alright to update to the latest BIOS.

I already asked MSI, but doubt if customer service would have this information. I was just wondering if such list exists publicly so that I can check myself before updating.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have this CPU 2200G running 4yr old BIOS. Years back when I updated, I was asked by MSI support to roll back to older one. Since then I didn't bother updating. Now thinking of updating to the latest BIOS to experience the improvements over the years (boot time for one among many) and also getting ready for CPU upgrade. But I don't want to get into a trouble after updating.

Is this possible to get a list of supported CPUs by a particular BIOS version? I am asking because AMD chose to drop support for some CPUs to make space for newer CPUs. I don't want to lose support for my current CPU - 2200G after updating.

I see they have dropped these CPUs back in Jul 2019.

There is no mention of 2200G or any Raven Ridge for that matter till now. Since this CPU is from the 1st gen, I am just being careful and trying to make sure it's alright to update to the latest BIOS.

I already asked MSI, but doubt if customer service would have this information. I was just wondering if such list exists publicly so that I can check myself before updating.
A quick search on msi website tomahawk B450 original version mobo shows this under support--drivers & downloads page:
1682280210268.png

So it should mean that at least for B450 tomahawk all bios versions support 2200G. Just check for your specific mobo model. Also, unless you really need to fix some issue or really bothered by performance it is not suggested to update bios.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
So it should mean that at least for B450 tomahawk all bios versions support 2200G. Just check for your specific mobo model. Also, unless you really need to fix some issue or really bothered by performance it is not suggested to update bios.
Yeah, the same list of Bristol Ridge chips are the ones for my motherboard too. BTW, my motherboard is B450M PRO VDH. After they asked to roll back last time, I didn't even bother even to fix slow booting time. I kinda live with it. I have timed it before, but don't remember it's been so long. If I have to guess it takes more than 20 sec to hear the beep before POST. Now just thinking about CPU upgrade, so the reason for all of this.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Received reply from MSI, they confirmed that the latest BIOS will support 2200G. :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I updated but now its not booting. :( EZ debug pointing CPU. Now it has become a headache.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Cleared CMOS battery multiple times. Removed CPU and placed it back, none worked. I don't think I can do anything other than taking it to service center. Everything went smooth, don't have a clue what went wrong. :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cleared CMOS battery multiple times. Removed CPU and placed it back, none worked. I don't think I can do anything other than taking it to service center. Everything went smooth, don't have a clue what went wrong. :(
This is why I suggested not to update bios unless really necessary especially when it involves a major change like dropping support for some older processors. let's hope the damage is recoverable else worst case scenario you will have to buy a new mobo now.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Contacted MSI, looks it will take more than 2 weeks. Asking to send the board to Delhi, their head office. Don't know if I should get a new one while waiting or try local shop.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Contacted MSI, looks it will take more than 2 weeks. Asking to send the board to Delhi, their head office. Don't know if I should get a new one while waiting or try local shop.
I can tell you that most likely they will take much more than 2 weeks & will probably ask for at least 2-3k repairing charge. Repaired mobo in my experience also don't last that long(1 year survival is already lucky in my opinion). I think you should get a new mobo & processor now.

Reactions: nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Based on my description their guess is BIOS is the needs fixing. For now they have given estimation of about 1k. What if it's not the board but CPU? It would be better if the local branch at least check where the problem lies. But they are just a collection center.

I can't afford to get new ones unless I go EMI route.
Since I'm not sure about the CPU, I am hesitating to get basic AM4 board.
This looks crazy but I'm considering, G41+fan+DDR3 would cost about 3.5k. The rig I was using before the current one though not well was working. I can't get it to working now. I hope CPU is good, if I get other parts I can use it while waiting for MSI to fix my board.
Gonna ask a local shop who do chip level servicing. If they can't I will send the board to MSI and go for one of the options I'm considering.

Top Bottom