CPU,MOBO, RAM within 20k

rak2410

"Winter is coming"
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:I use my comp for gaming( i need a cpu in perfect sync with my ATI Radeon HD 6870 ) , Movies, and Mobile Game Development.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:No , i want only Intel, Choice is between i5 2400,i5-2500,or i5,2500k.

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:20k

4. Planning to overclock?
A:No, as i have heard Sandy Bridge Processors are Good enuf with their Stock Frequencies.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Windows 7.

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:I have 1 tb, so no need.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:I Already have BENQ E2400HD, i.e runs at 1080p.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:8

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:All my prev RIG's , I assembled them.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:Within 3 days.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:It should be good enuf for 2 to 3 yrs down the lane.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:I dont want Anything Except, CPU ,MOBO, RAM.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Bangalore.(i live in Bangalore itself.)

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I am Presently running on Intel core 2 duo E4400(Sucks),ATI Radeon 4850,Cooler Master 500W PSU..... Please do Suggest some good config,cos i have to verify mine with urs . Thank you :smile:

Cilus

laborare est orare
CPU: Core i5 2400 @ 9.3K
Motherboard:Intel DH67VR-B3 @ 4.8K
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 4 GB 1600 MHz Single stick @ 2.5K

Total 16.6K

By the way, what Cooler Master PSU you are having? If it is a Extreme or Extreme Plus series one, then get a new one as they have a very bad reputation and almost all the reviews stated them as very bad choice.

With the rest of the money, get a Corsair GS600 80+ PSU. It is well suited for your rig.

OP
R

rak2410

"Winter is coming"
Thanks for the Config. But intel DH67 VR is good or BL is good? ...And Yep I have the eXtreme Power Plus 500 Watt! ... so i will change the PSU. By the Way how much does that PSU u have mentioned abv costs?

Cilus

laborare est orare
The board I have suggested is a Micro ATX board whereas the BL one is a full ATX board. But feature wise both the boards are same. So get the one I've suggested.

Corsair GS600 will cost you around 4K.

d3p

PowerHouse
CPU: Core i5 2400 @ 9.3K
Motherboard:Intel DH67VR-B3 @ 4.8K
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 4 GB 1600 MHz Single stick @ 2.5K

Total 16.6K

By the way, what Cooler Master PSU you are having? If it is a Extreme or Extreme Plus series one, then get a new one as they have a very bad reputation and almost all the reviews stated them as very bad choice.

With the rest of the money, get a Corsair GS600 80+ PSU. It is well suited for your rig.

Get this config, but use the same with your existing PSU i.e CM extreme 500w until its out of picture.

Anyway you have warranty for new components & for PSU, if it burns out then get a good one. Or try finding a Bakra [goat] to buy it.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here is the link of the DH67VR. Check it out and let me know if anything is missing from the board as per your requirement.

Top Bottom