CPU + MB + Ram + PSU + Case For 10-15K

jabber

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Internet Browsing (50-100 Tabs at once), Adobe Photoshop, Torrent Downloading, etc

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 10-15K

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7 with Ubuntu

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: I already have a Segate 7200.12 320GB HDD

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 1280 X 1024

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: No, it will be done by assembler.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: In 3 Days.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, HDD, CD Drive.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Mumbai & No. I will be buying from lamington road if anybody know a good shop let me know.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Cilus Bhai Suggestion as recommended by my friend. ;)

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD Athlon II X4 635 @ 4K
Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 @ 4.8K (AM3+)
Corsair 1333 MHz 4 GB Value Ram @ 1.2K
FSP SAGA II 500W/Corsair CX V2 430 @ 2.2/2.3K
NZXT Gamma cabinet @ 2.2K

Total 14.5K. Now if you can extend your budget a little then I'll suggest to go with Phenom II X4 955 @ 5.6K.

OP
J

jabber

Broken In
AMD Athlon II X4 635 @ 4K
Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 @ 4.8K (AM3+)
Corsair 1333 MHz 4 GB Value Ram @ 1.2K
FSP SAGA II 500W/Corsair CX V2 430 @ 2.2/2.3K
NZXT Gamma cabinet @ 2.2K

Total 14.5K. Now if you can extend your budget a little then I'll suggest to go with Phenom II X4 955 @ 5.6K.

Thank You Cilus Bhai For Your Instant Reply but it wouldn't be better if i buy a cheaper mobo & powerful processor. :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
There are plenty of mobo available within 4K range and you can get any one of them like MSI 880G-E35. But I have suggested the Gigabyte mobo for a smooth futurepath. Since it is a AM3+ mobo, you can upgrade to Bulldozer processor as well as AMD's upcoming Piledriver processor. It does have USB 3.0 support and also support 125W processors.

OP
J

jabber

Broken In
There are plenty of mobo available within 4K range and you can get any one of them like MSI 880G-E35. But I have suggested the Gigabyte mobo for a smooth futurepath. Since it is a AM3+ mobo, you can upgrade to Bulldozer processor as well as AMD's upcoming Piledriver processor. It does have USB 3.0 support and also support 125W processors.

Piledriver is still way to go & bulldozer is a failure. ;)

OP
J

jabber

Broken In
After Little researching:

What will be better ?

AMD Phenom X4 955 + 5K Graphics Card Vs. Intel i5 2500K with IGPU Vs. i3 2100 with 5K Graphics Card

Reply Please. :(

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Phenom II X4 + 5k graphics card is the best option IMO. Stick with the mobo that Cilus has suggested. You won't get a better mobo at that price.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
i5 2500k+P67 mobo = 16K Minimum so forget about it you can't get it in you budget.

i32100+H67 Mobo = 9k so remaining 6k it will be hard to put decent parts in

OP
J

jabber

Broken In
i5 2500k+P67 mobo = 16K Minimum so forget about it you can't get it in you budget.

It is possible to get a i5 2500K with p67 in 16K ? I don't think bcz i5 2500K new price is 11.5K to 12K then in 4K which p67 mobo is available ? ;)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Old prices... 2500K used to be prices at 10,500/- or thereabout. Lowest budget p67 mobo from msi used to be in the range of 8K, so, 19K used to be minimum budget, not 16K though. :p

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Yrah mainly due to:
1. dollar is getting weaker,
2. money is getting even weaker than dollar.

Top Bottom