cpu idling at 46degrees and 70+ degrees on stress

maknom66

Broken In
I have just bought a new phenom ll x4 955BE and using it at stock 3.2 GHz and using stock HSF. but the cpu is too hot i used HWmonitor and speedfan for checking the temps. HWmonitor shows 46degrees and speedfan shows 53degrees at idle. i have used prime95 for stress test . the temp rosed to 70degrees(HWmonitor) in just 2 minutes and the RPM of the HSF was 6618 (TOO NOISY). I stopped the test. if i would have not stopped the test I think the temperature would have gone to 80degrees in just four minutes. after stopping the test the temperature decreased to 45degrees(HWmonitor) but the rpm of the HSF was exactly 6000 which is too noisy. whats the problem ? how to fix ?

HWmonitor screenshot
*i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/maknom66/HWmonitor.jpg

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
In first place check if HSF fitted properly and TIM is not dried up. If so use a good TIM like Arctic Silver 5. It can drop temps up-to 5 degrees. Clean up your cabinet if any dust have accumulated. Also make sure you have proper airflow inside of your cabinet.

If nothing of above works its time to buy a CPU cooler.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Problem is TIM. I had same issue with the same proccy. (See my rig in sig)

Replace the TIM is solution 1 & Get a decent aftermarket cooler if you want quieter fans and better cool. Phenom Default Thermal paste is ****.

I use CM HYper 212 EVO and its keeping CPU idle at 37 Deg & 52 Under max load. (Prime) with very less noise than stock.

Also I hope you have good airflow in cabinet and low dust.

OP
M

maknom66

Broken In
Problem is TIM. I had same issue with the same proccy. (See my rig in sig)

Replace the TIM is solution 1 & Get a decent aftermarket cooler if you want quieter fans and better cool. Phenom Default Thermal paste is ****.

I use CM HYper 212 EVO and its keeping CPU idle at 37 Deg & 52 Under max load. (Prime) with very less noise than stock.

Also I hope you have good airflow in cabinet and low dust.

I used a cooler master thermal paste compound - htk-002 is it good ?

Top Bottom