CPU Fan for Lga 775

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
place it on top rear exhaust - will help reducing VRM temps greatly and keep the cpu more cool ;-)
Hi, i made the changes.Also, i received the TX3 that i ordered from FK.Installing the fan on top rear is difficult if you are using TX3 as there hardly any space. Goog thing that i installed the fan first.The change in temp was significant. Earlier it used to be 48 and above when i have just booted up. Now it is 35 to 37. I tested with both speedfan and realtemp and both were showing lesser temp than when i was using stock cooler, although both were showing different temp.(which is more reliable? any idea?). Anyways, thank you all for all the help!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
speedfan is such a buggy piece of app - so you better use Realtemp, HWinfo Sensor module or CoreTemp and not the idle temp, do post the pcus load temp under TX3.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
speedfan is such a buggy piece of app - so you better use Realtemp, HWinfo Sensor module or CoreTemp and not the idle temp, do post the pcus load temp under TX3.
I have been working on my linux boot lately and couldn't checkout realtemp.But here is the temp taken using psensor. It's taken after only 10 minutes of boot up.But in my stock cooler i used to touch mid 50's in such a duration
Screenshot from 2013-01-15 00:25:51.jpg

Naxal

Little Kid
FAN speed is still low :p i guess, i guess disabling the fan controller would lower the temps even more :p

Naxal

Little Kid
^^^

I think the given FAN with TX3 has a max RPM of 2800. Where as in the given screenshot it varies between 1100 at max. So thought in your motherboard BIOS, FAN controller is enabled which lowers the fan RPM along with temp and CPU speed (Intel Speed Step).

This is to save power and noise :p

If you disable the option, FAN will always spin at MAX RPM :p thus lowering the temps even more i guess :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been working on my linux boot lately and couldn't checkout realtemp.But here is the temp taken using psensor. It's taken after only 10 minutes of boot up.But in my stock cooler i used to touch mid 50's in such a duration
View attachment 8436

just boot into windows ( if you have it installed ), run real temp/hwinfo and start a resource hungry game - play it for 1 hour ( or run LinX for 5 mins [ 2048M mem setting ] ) at-least and post the cpu load temps or use some linux cpu bench app to get some proper cpu load temp.

Top Bottom