CPU Fan for Lga 775

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi, iam planning to replace my existing CPU stock fan as it is not sticking properly to my MoBo. I think one of the screw is broken. My CPU temp is currently around 60 even after using for 10 minutes. I think this is because my fan is not sticking properly on the CPU. As iam not planning any overclock any time soon please suggest a good fan within max 800 rs. My CPU is c2d e6500

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Intel CPU Cooler DI5-9HDSL-0L-GP

Deepcool Alta 7 CPU Cooler

Deepcool GAMMA ARCHER CPU Cooler

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Intel CPU Cooler DI5-9HDSL-0L-GP

Deepcool Alta 7 CPU Cooler

Deepcool GAMMA ARCHER CPU Cooler

Thanks for the response!. Is the first one from cooler master?. The signage looks familiar.Also, it is screwing type.Iam using Asus P5G41T-M LX and the current stock cooler is not screwed in but press and twist kind. So will the above suit?. Meanwhile i will check out deepcool ones.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
CM Hyper TX3 costs 1.3K which is 500/- more than your actual budget.
Decide yourself.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Yes. tx3 is sort of a base level cooler for OCing.
Anything less is either struggles or is not worth it on the long run(if you continue OCing).

doomgiver

Warframe
TX3 is a very good budget offering from coolermaster.

that heatsink(HeatSink Fan) is the LEAST i'd recommend to someone who wants to OC, as it gives good temps at a very affordable price.

personally, i donot like the twist and lock design of the intel heatsinks, and i'd prefer a HSF with a backplate and a screw based mounting, even though it means more effort on my part, because a screw based mount gives even pressure and holds the HSF securely against the CPU.

however, thats just my personal opinion, if you want a easier to install twist+lock design, feel free to buy it.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
TX3 is a very good budget offering from coolermaster.

that heatsink(HeatSink Fan) is the LEAST i'd recommend to someone who wants to OC, as it gives good temps at a very affordable price.

personally, i donot like the twist and lock design of the intel heatsinks, and i'd prefer a HSF with a backplate and a screw based mounting, even though it means more effort on my part, because a screw based mount gives even pressure and holds the HSF securely against the CPU.

however, thats just my personal opinion, if you want a easier to install twist+lock design, feel free to buy it.

Hi, i also like the screw based mounting.But my current stock cooler is of twist and lock design.While installing this earlier i had done some damage to the mounting and my heatsink is not holding securely.This is why i guess my cpu temp is most of the time > 50 degrees. TX3 is also of the same type, i guess.I really liked the gamma archer mentioned above which is of the screwing type.Also, any idea on tx3 fan position? why is the fan position different than stock cooler?

doomgiver

Warframe
for better cooling, obviously.

the downdraft (the stock kind of HSF) distributes the hot air all around the heatsink, making it harder to have good airflow in the cabinet.
bad airflow=high temps.

the tower based designs push air in a specific direction, helping airflow.
this is the no. 1 reason to go with tower designs. also, you can attatch a 2nd fan to them, for even more cooling :)

and if you choose a screwing type mount, you have to install a backplate, in this case, you may have to remove your motherboard physically (if your cabinet does not have a hole for accessing the backplate, mine does)

a backplate is needed for stability, and for providing an anchoring point for the screws.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
for better cooling, obviously.

the downdraft (the stock kind of HSF) distributes the hot air all around the heatsink, making it harder to have good airflow in the cabinet.
bad airflow=high temps.

the tower based designs push air in a specific direction, helping airflow.
this is the no. 1 reason to go with tower designs. also, you can attatch a 2nd fan to them, for even more cooling :)

and if you choose a screwing type mount, you have to install a backplate, in this case, you may have to remove your motherboard physically (if your cabinet does not have a hole for accessing the backplate, mine does)

a backplate is needed for stability, and for providing an anchoring point for the screws.

while installing tx3 what should be the preferred fan direction.(When system is vertical should the fan be facing down or up?).Or is there no such thing?

doomgiver

Warframe
well, it all depends on your setup and other fan positions.

its usually best to point the exhaust to the back, or to the top.
else it will interfere with airflow.

also, if possible, get a fan that blows hot air out of the case, and install it at the top portion at the back. it will significantly reduce temperatures.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
well, it all depends on your setup and other fan positions.

its usually best to point the exhaust to the back, or to the top.
else it will interfere with airflow.

also, if possible, get a fan that blows hot air out of the case, and install it at the top portion at the back. it will significantly reduce temperatures.

I have 4 fans (CM 4-in-1 pack) installed on my case (NZXT Gamma) - Front Intake, Top front intake, Rear exhaust(NZXT) and side intake. Based on this what position should be tx3 fan facing?

doomgiver

Warframe
remove the top front intake, and put it in top rear exhaust. your current setup is pulling in too much air. this results in high pressure inside the case, which may interfere with airflow.

its best to have a balanced in/out flow, with a little high/low pressure depending on personal preference. (i prefer to keep a low pressure in the case, so that colder air comes in.

i too have a NZXT gamma, and i use just the side intake and rear exhaust fans. keeps the temps ~5-10C cooler than without any fans.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
remove the top front intake, and put it in top rear exhaust. your current setup is pulling in too much air. this results in high pressure inside the case, which may interfere with airflow.

its best to have a balanced in/out flow, with a little high/low pressure depending on personal preference. (i prefer to keep a low pressure in the case, so that colder air comes in.

i too have a NZXT gamma, and i use just the side intake and rear exhaust fans. keeps the temps ~5-10C cooler than without any fans.

Will try it out. Thanks! Have ordered tx3 from flipkart.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized

Have a small correction to make. My top front fan is exhaust. Not intake. Is that ok? or do I still need to change it to top rear exhaust?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
place it on top rear exhaust - will help reducing VRM temps greatly and keep the cpu more cool ;-)

Top Bottom