CPU cooler

Myth

Cyborg Agent
I have the same problem with the 90cfm fans. I file the insides a bit to make the screws fit.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
I had this problem with the 90cfm as well as the thermalright. I had to heat the screws and even then they re more like 85 % into the place.

AFAIK - speed fan cannot analyze/monitor fans connected to the psu, correct ?

debarshi

Otaku
I would suggest XtraFlo, its damn silent, red looks good too......... But if you need blue, get the 90 CFM one, Xtraflo comes with 4 pin(not molex), and 90CFM comes with 3 pin.............

And the cpu cooler is good, I own a Hyper 212 Evo in push-pull config, and am more than satisfied.............

How are you going to overclock with that board?

And do you seriously think TDF is hampering your concentration on studies?

No, Speedfan can only monitor or analyze fans connected to Mobo, you can monitor 3-pinned ones and control 4-pinned ones

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

1) I already got 2*90 CFM for push-pull.

2) Which cpu coooler you talking about ?
I got the venomous x. As per reviews - Its far ahead of hyper evo. I hope it lives to the hype.

3) I ll be off to America in June. Thats when I am going to get a ~150$ board. Mostly Gigabyte Z77 UD3H which costs more like 12k here.

4) Yes it sure is. I spend at least 2- 3 hours on TDF everyday. And another 2 hours modding my rig once in a while. I need to get anything related to computers out of my mind.

5) You meant "Yes" Speed-fan can monitor fans connected to mobo only because thats what I said too :wink:

Also - what do you mean by 4 pin - not molex ? as per new standards - 4 pin = male molex afaik.
Or is it one of those ancient 4pins which were used to connect to the mobo.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
if i am not wrong that 4 pin connectors(not molex) has both voltage control as well as temp control option so you can chose between any one of them and the three pin comes only with voltage control so the RPM increase and decrease according to voltage not according to the temps.usually 4 pins can be seen in the fans which are supplied with the coolers.
btw those CM 90 CFM fans are actually 60 CFM fans marketed as 90 CFM fans.i read this in some other forums where people tested it.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
^^
if i am not wrong that 4 pin connectors(not molex) has both voltage control as well as temp control option so you can chose between any one of them and the three pin comes only with voltage control so the RPM increase and decrease according to voltage not according to the temps.usually 4 pins can be seen in the fans which are supplied with the coolers.

Could be that way probably.
The Asus ai suite handles the fan speed based on temp collected from monitors. Creates a speed profile based on fan speed vs proc temp.
I think the 3pin are more common nowadays since I am yet to see a 4pin connector.

debarshi

Otaku
Yep, all of them summarized it well. Like in the rog boards, you can control fan speed through voltage, for the cabinet fans even if they are 3 Pin using fan xpert 2. For my board, ancient Intel D945GCCR I can't control any of the 4pin or 3 pin ones using speed fan, I don't know why.

He he, so this TDF addiction syndrome is real...

And are you shifting to US permanently or going there for a visit?

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
yup thats what i said you can only or mostly see those 4 pin connectors with the fans which are provided with coolers.those fans which are sold as case fans will be usually having 3 pins.but 3 pin or 4 pin they don't make much of a difference.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

^^
usually 4 pins can be seen in the fans which are supplied with the coolers.
The one that they sent along venomous x was 3 pin.

^^
btw those CM 90 CFM fans are actually 60 CFM fans marketed as 90 CFM fans.i read this in some other forums where people tested it.

No afaik their claim is real. Not precisely but it delivers ~ 80 CFM.
Watch this -

And are you shifting to US permanently or going there for a visit?

A visit :)

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

For going to US ?
Maybe :p
If possible I ll get one or two things selling cheap there (and such that they could avoid customs) for some ppl on the forum.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
4 pin fans are called PWM fan ;-) here you'll get enough info on this :
Fan control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sukesh1090

Adam young
@TBV,
isn't venomous X was supposed to ship without any fans.how you got a fan with that?

@topgear,
thanks for the link.so the PWM(4 pin) controlled fan controls fan speed without changing voltage.so then on what basis it controls the fan speed?is it by temperature or by pre installed manufacturer configuration?

debarshi

Otaku
And what if it needs replacement under warranty? If it is worth the risk, I have a load of items I want you to bring :p .

On a more serious note, I would want IKEA coming here sometime in the distant future.

And in simplest terms, the speed is controlled by setting the RPM of the fan without changing the voltage ("the duty cycle determining the fan speed") generally b/w 30% to 100% of fan speed

Last edited:
OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

@TBV,
isn't venomous X was supposed to ship without any fans.how you got a fan with that?

Its supposed to but lately it comes with a fan. Thats the trend. Its a 60 CFM TR fan.

If it is worth the risk
Thats for you to decide.

Installed it finally - works great.
idle temps reduced by 12 deg and load temps by 40 deg (LOL!).

going to post pics soon.

_______UNBOXING________

*imageshack.us/a/img594/4757/imag00501a.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img708/786/imag00521.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img833/3299/imag00531k.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img33/4164/imag00541.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img248/6346/uzwp9.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img716/1530/thermalrightvenomousxac.jpg

_______FANS MOUNTED (CM 90CFM)_______

*imageshack.us/a/img560/1409/201212280645081.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img827/5738/201212280644451.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img18/3206/2012122806445511111.jpg

THERMAL PASTE - CF3 APPLIED. Sad part - there's very little remaining as I had kept it on the floor and my mother stamped on it incidentally and more than half of the paste spilled on the floor :(

*imageshack.us/a/img43/8306/201212280805241.jpg

_______COOLER MOUNTED_______
RAM JUST CLEARS OFF - High end RAM on the 1st slot will be a problem with m-atx boards.

*imageshack.us/a/img809/8066/201212280837301.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img441/6615/201212280838231.jpg

It seems to just about fit in the NZXT Guardian as this next pic suggests. However when I put on the side panel - there are some problems as there is a 120mm fan on the panel at the center. However with some force, you can close the cabinet :wink:

*imageshack.us/a/img69/7483/201212280838561.jpg

___________________________________________________POWER ON___________________________________________________

*imageshack.us/a/img577/2869/201212280847241.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img801/4549/201212280847121.jpg

*imageshack.us/a/img818/9585/201212280847461.jpg

INTEL vs VENOMOUS X

IDLE-

*imageshack.us/a/img689/1033/idlecomparison.png

LOAD -

*imageshack.us/a/img593/265/loadcomparison.png

FINAL RESULTS -

*imageshack.us/a/img15/4968/finalcomparison.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom