CPU cooler

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
looks very cool .. thermalright sure really knows how to pack the cooler - this is one of the best cpu cooler packaging I've ever seen ;-) anyway, congrats on your purchase.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Thanks TG :)

BTW - I also updated it with some comparisons. Do check if u havent.

Just had to post these pics and comparison before I left.

Will be back in Summers :)
Take care all.

sukesh1090

Adam young
yup i agree with toppy bro about the packaging.very nice packaging and also COOL cooler:wink:.btw believe me your cabby will look great if you stick with any one color for LED rather than red,green and i can even see yellow (OMG:shock:).
looks like ivy bridge really tends to heat up a lot.so people were true about this.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you just need to play with IB cpus a little to keep it ;-)
AnandTech - Undervolting and Overclocking on Ivy Bridge

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
yup undervolting will help only if the user is not interested in overclocking.so if he wants to overclock he need to buy a good cooler and bear with the heat.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for overclocking Intel cpus ( SB and IB ) an after market CPU cooler is a must ;-) but IB cpus can get a lot hotter than SB cpus at same clock speed - the purpose of that article was to show how to keep the heat in check of IB K cpus with minimal possible voltage in Oced mode and have a look at the image :

Temperature_575px.png

IB cpus at 4.6 Ghz is roughly as fast a 4.8 Ghz SB cpu and the ~1.15v generates very less heat which can be kept under control with good after market coolers easily even in hot areas of the world like this but one can always experiment with muych higher speed provided he/she have a very good chip and adequete cooling equipments.

doomgiver

Warframe
for overclocking Intel cpus ( SB and IB ) an after market CPU cooler is a must ;-) but IB cpus can get a lot hotter than SB cpus at same clock speed

what? i thought IB was the die shrink version of SB, you know, smaller process = less heat....

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
google it you will get the answer.its basically because of more transistors in unit area when compared to SB so it leads to increased heating because of inadequate heat dissipation.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
one more point to add is intel has used TiM between the silicon chip and the cpu HS in IBs where metal was used in SBs to dissipate heat better and you can really imrprove IBs cooling by using good TiM under the cpu Heat Spreader.

Top Bottom