CPU Config - Need Advice

^^ I don't understand why are you after 100fps. My cpu and radeon 5750 locks everything at 72 and its blazing fast at those frames. A 100 won't make any difference.

@vicky absolutely true man.

@dext0r game playability is not hampered at even 40 fps...
you will NOT notice anything different at 70...
my cpu and onboard runs quake 3 arena at 125 fps at med-high settings 1024x768 and trust me i don't feel unplayable when my nfsmw runs at 40 fps at lowest settings

fartya2003

Broken In
@vicky absolutely true man.

@dext0r game playability is not hampered at even 40 fps...
you will NOT notice anything different at 70...
my cpu and onboard runs quake 3 arena at 125 fps at med-high settings 1024x768 and trust me i don't feel unplayable when my nfsmw runs at 40 fps at lowest settings

*sigh* its not about other games.. only counter strike... I know its even playable at 30 fps...

But here is the thing... In counter strike 100 FPS does help with the gameplay... (gameplay and a game being 'playable' are two different things)

At 100 FPS and good concentration you can actually see where the bullet spray from a M16 or AK-47 is going...

Thank god you guys didnt give me the BS that eyes can only see upto 30 fps...
How many FPS human eye can see - Whisper's Wiki
Answers.com - How many frames per second can your eyes see

So again... Back to my real requirement... I need a card like the xfx gt 9400 that will be able to run on this motherboard...

Also if possible please update me on the price of 9400 GT and 9600 GT at lamington road...

Talking about 100 FPS i also need a flat screen 21" (think there is a 21.5 and not 21) or 22" lcd that has atleast 100 Hz... (mosty 120 Hz.. Not sure if there is a 100 Hz available)

P.S. Also note that i need 100Hz+ refresh rate at atleast 1600x900 resolution...

Not like my current monitor LG FLATRON W2043T that says it has a max refresh rate of 75 Hz but at the max resolution of 1600x900 it only gives me 60Hz

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ They are old and obsolete now. Try amd 5670 or 5570. They have exceptional low power requirements and offer performance of a 9800gt and 9600gt respectively.

From nvidia'a camp, take a look at gt 240, or wait for gt 530.

fartya2003

Broken In
The mother board i have specified has PCI-E 2.0 x16 Slot...
Theitdepot - Asus M4A78LT-M-LE 8GB DDR3 AMD Motherboard

The 5570 is PCI-E 2.1 interface...
ATI Radeon HD 5570 Price in India - ATI Radeon 5570 Price - DirectX 11 Graphics Card

can you suggest another motherboard without onboard graphic card that has 2.1 pci-e slot and will support rest of the hardware vicky?

The mother board i have specified has PCI-E 2.0 x16 Slot...
Theitdepot - Asus M4A78LT-M-LE 8GB DDR3 AMD Motherboard

The 5570 is PCI-E 2.1 interface...
ATI Radeon HD 5570 Price in India - ATI Radeon 5570 Price - DirectX 11 Graphics Card

can you suggest another motherboard without onboard graphic card that has 2.1 pci-e slot and will support rest of the hardware vicky?

it doesnt matter. i doubt that card is REALLY pci-ex16 2.1 interface card. the manufacturer just put that in its tag or whatever.

and no need to worry about compatibility. gfx cards are pci-ex16 backward compatible.
a pci-ex16 2.x version card is compatible with even a pci-ex16 1.x mobo.
the main difference in pci-ex16 1.x and 2.x is only twice the bandwidth.

and as for 5570, i think its better not to buy a card if you're gonna go with it.

Last edited:

fartya2003

Broken In
it doesnt matter. i doubt that card is REALLY pci-ex16 2.1 interface card. the manufacturer just put that in its tag or whatever.

and no need to worry about compatibility. gfx cards are pci-ex16 backward compatible.
a pci-ex16 2.x version card is compatible with even a pci-ex16 1.x mobo.
the main difference in pci-ex16 1.x and 2.x is only twice the bandwidth.

and as for 5570, i think its better not to buy a card if you're gonna go with it.

5570 is no good? why?
Am only looking forward to be able to play CS at max fps on it...

Err sorry for the double post but want to bump the topic up again...

AMD Athlon II X4 640 - Est 4.5k
Asus M4A78LT-M-LE 8GB DDR3 AMD Motherboard - Est 2.5k
ATI Radeon HD 5570
Crossair/Transcend DDR3 1333 RAM 2GB - Est 2.7k
Coolermaster Elite 310 - Est 1.5k
(COOLER MASTER Elite RC-310-RKN1-GP Mid Tower)
WD Caviar Blue 500GB - Est 2.5k

Can someone suggest an atleast 21" Flatscreen LCD with 100 Hz or above Refresh rate? (probably 120 Hz)?

Looking for the cheapest option available.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
AMD Athlon II x4 640 @ 4.6k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4k
Corsair VS2GB1333D3 2GB @ 1.1k
Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 @ 4.5k
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.7k
FSP saga II 350W @ 1.5k
Zebronics Bijli w/o psu @ 1k

Total - 18.4k

you need a psu also. spend on a good motherboard. and that card is worth it.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ +1 for the above config. Also a good ups must be added to the above config for better protection against power outage. Something like an APC 600va @ 1.7k will do a great job.

Try the elite 310 cabby @ 1.5k. A bit sturdy than bizli and has better build quality.

Rest of the system is fine.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dunno just making sure... mostly people suggest 450W
yup, they might but in your case 350w is enough

But don't go and make the mistake of getting 500w PSUs for Rs. 800. Those are El Cheapo PSUs and complete crap. Also avoid Intex, iBall, Frontech, Cooler Master PSUs at all costs.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ cooler master extreme series are bad. But their real power and silent pro models are pretty good imo.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ cooler master extreme series are bad. But their real power and silent pro models are pretty good imo.
Point is, only Cooler Master Extreme Power is available everywhere. Even if you'll go and ask Real Power, the shopkeeper will actually give you Extreme Power. I simply say to avoid CM, that fixes up everything.

If someone says "I got 500w CM PSU." 95% I can tell you he has some Extreme Power model.

I just prefer to put CM out of the equation. That's it.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Okay i get your point. But the way i see it things are a bit different now. Cm has released newer gx series psu's and now they are available readily. Atleast in my place, the distributors of cm are abacus peripherals( same guys who deal sparkle cards).

I had visited them a month ago and they had good knowledge on psu brandings and easily distinguished between extreme, gx , real and silent pro models. They said they can provide any model no. Same goes with cabinets.

So i think this should be the case throughout india now. What say buddy?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Seasonic, Corsair, Tagan cost same (or little more) & is much better. the Gold series from CM is good though. it cost a premium but its worth (got the crazy 3way SLI/4way Xfire guys).

Point is, only Cooler Master Extreme Power is available everywhere. Even if you'll go and ask Real Power, the shopkeeper will actually give you Extreme Power. I simply say to avoid CM, that fixes up everything.

i feel bad for those peoples who give out ~3k for a crap CM Extreme PSU but actually its a marketing strategy. whereas Corsair won't give anything over 400W, CM are offering 100W more. so most simply go for the highest rated PSU & just put the PC on a ticking timebomb.

If someone says "I got 500w CM PSU." 95% I can tell you he has some Extreme Power model.

99%.

I had visited them a month ago and they had good knowledge on psu brandings and easily distinguished between extreme, gx , real and silent pro models. They said they can provide any model no. Same goes with cabinets.

suppose you don't know that CM makes good as well as bad PSU. so if you go there asking for a Cooler Master PSU (with a proud smile, for buying a PSU from a International brand), do you think they'll correct you & ask you to buy a GX PSU? or silent pro? i bet they'll send you home with a Extreme Power (with a proud smile, for being able to fool/cheat another one).

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I think the availablity of cm extreme has ceased to some extent. They have gx psu's readily and i think they are reliable enough to power mid ranged gpu's. See in my place, there are no corsair,tagan or seasonic etc. available.

People are a bit reluctant to order online and they buy crappy iball, zebronics and frontech psu's. So coolermaster gives these customers great choices. Apart from coolermaster, antec is also available in BBSR. But their psu's are pretty expensive here and only people with a 5k+ budget for psu's buy them and most of them don't even know about antec.

So people opting for iball, zebronics psu's etc can happily live with cm gx psu's. But their real and silent pro psu's are comparable with corsair , seasonic , antec etc.

Top Bottom