Courses to opt after 12th

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Hello guys, I am 18 years old and have just completed my 12th class board exams. I am an intelligent student and have a passion for developing in Mobile Phones market. The problem is, i don't have any earlier experience in coding except HTML and PHP (which are pretty old and useless i guess) and i didn't even opt for Computers as optional subject in my 11th and 12th class (didn't want to spend most of the time studying computers when there were more important subjects like Physics, chem and maths). I am now free for the coming 4 months as i am not planning to go out and study away from home (we have Daviet College of Eng and Lovely Professional University in Jalandhar so will be joining any one of them and opting for Btech in CSE)

So, the question is, what language should i learn in the meantime keeping in mind that i plan to develop applications for various platforms (Android and iOS to be precise). P.S I have no experience in coding but i have a zeal to learn and am able to grasp things early and easily. My decision was to first learn C, then C++ and then sometime next year start for Java. Will it be alright?

Also, enlighten me about the pros and cons of Btech in Computer Science and Engineering and also tell me something about the syllabus (i could not find any known senior who could help me out on this). Looking forward to your replies :)

clmlbx

Technomancer
well if you want to build apps for android then learn Java and then android sdk
For IOS you need to learn c++

And php and html are not old, on contrary are very useful and very well used in web developing..

No problem if you learn first c , c++ then java. even well know institutes take 6 months to teach java on another hand you can learn c++ in 2-3 months.

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
^^ Ok i will be opting for the C course then. But, is it mandatory to learn C before C++ ?

roboquake

Right off the assembly line
Dont worry I was in a similar condition like you.Apps development needs basics of java.I suggest you learn java before any other thing as most SDK kits use java.You can try out unity engine if you want to develop games for mobiles.Its easy and fun,needs little programming knowledge.

About computer engineering course,it involves more about software than hardware and you will also have lot of math.FOr more details check out your college's website or IIT's website.

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Thank you all, i have decided to first learn C, so will be joining the course soon, in about 3-4 days. Thank you for suggestions.

Minion

Conversation Architect
If you want to build career in android application developement you need to learn core java.

sarthak

In the zone
Thank you all, i have decided to first learn C, so will be joining the course soon, in about 3-4 days. Thank you for suggestions.

Thats a good choice as you will have C in college for first 2-3 sems atleast, in B.Tech CSE. And the teachers generally teach crap and go very fast ;)

In CSE, there is a lot of maths, and core subjects related to programming, networking, database systems, digital logic, etc.

Top Bottom