Counter Strike GO is now out.

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
Haven't seen any indian server as of now, but yes, if you are a CS fan, you should buy it. Awesome graphics and details!!

duke123

In the zone
^^^^
Counter Strike Global Offensive Server List | Search Csgo Stats, Rankings, and Banners in India [IN] - Game Tracker

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Anyone here still plays this game. I recently bought this and have been playing this. I think it is phenomenal. I have really never been in to CS. But this game I am loving. It kind of makes me feel like I am playing Urban Terror (but much better). I have been a BF3 player but I left playing that because of the EA greed. This game I love.
P.S. Never cared much about the helicopters and aeroplanes in BF3. Hate that there are certain classes which can't do anything about them.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone here still plays this game. I recently bought this and have been playing this. I think it is phenomenal. I have really never been in to CS. But this game I am loving. It kind of makes me feel like I am playing Urban Terror (but much better). I have been a BF3 player but I left playing that because of the EA greed. This game I love.
P.S. Never cared much about the helicopters and aeroplanes in BF3. Hate that there are certain classes which can't do anything about them.
wow nice.

I had purchased this game. I guess it's time to download it now.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think is one is a huge improvement over the original CS. The maps are more balanced and faster. Also, the game modes are rad.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Ok I have a few questions.
I use airtel/idea 3g service for net with around 25-45 signal strength. Is it enough to run game smoothly online? Last i checked, I got a ping of about 109.
Is there no way to avoid the 3.5 gigs of online update?
And how much data does the game upload/download during play. Can someone quote an approximate number for say, about 3 hours of play?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^i play CS 1.6 daily with BSNL 3G and ping is around 60-70 and with Tata Docomo its 30-40...3 hours may deduct upto 300MB of data approx...and with that signal strength you should get 25 ping...which data card you have?

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Idea net setter (Huawei E1732) with airtel 3g sim card. How much signal strength do you get? What 3G plan do you have?
I am in a real fix between GO and 1.6. 1.6 is old-school, tried and tested. The number of servers and (Good, professional) players is more and not to mention tons better than in GO or source. I'v spent my countless college classes hours playing it in cafes and all. Now I want it for home. My only defense for Global offensive is that it looks pretty and has Molotov cocktails.

Does CS 1.6 download/update from steam when we run it for the first time, if yes then how much? Cause for GO, considering the cost of 3G data, downloading extra 3.5 GBs plus paying 600 for the game itself seems highly unfeasible for a poor guy like me.

On that note, is it possible to get the downloaded data offline? Say I buy the game, activate it on steam, install from the disk first and then get the remaining to-be-downloaded data from a PC of a friend who has running CS:GO and better net speed?? Is it possible?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
i have installed CS 1.6 from Disk only, not a sigle MB from steam, yes unfortunately :( you have to download the update of CS:GO from steam even if you install half of the data from DISK. i have huawei E3131B, signal strenght is "excellent" 65dBm..

i use mainly docomo rs 90 for 600MB...i get 45 - 55 ping, have to recharge 4 times a month to play lag free CS.

Top Bottom