Counter Strike GO is now out.

jasku

In the zone
Yes, it looks really good, but as people mentioned, there is a lack of servers, and hence lowering the popularity!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
this game looks good...better than 1.6 :mrgreen:

Difference is not only in looks. If you play you will notice that the maps are now more balanced and faster as unnecessary long routes are removed or made faster by introducing a shortcut. Some routes that required jumping, etc are made such that you can pass through it. A lot better than 1.6.

The best thing I think is that all the popular mods for CS 1.6 such as deathmatch and gun game have been added as official game modes.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Guys just asking,any one here with a good internet speed?Please host a CS:GO server(atleast when you are online), I tried one, but it had to download the cs:go dedicated server via cmd and 1 mbps speed would have taken forever

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Guys just asking,any one here with a good internet speed?Please host a CS:GO server(atleast when you are online), I tried one, but it had to download the cs:go dedicated server via cmd and 1 mbps speed would have taken forever

Ask Digi. He hosts usually.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
i hate this game unable to c the opponents clearly.........cant make headshots like in cs cz or 1.6 (cause i m unable to differentiate them by the time i do BAM! headshot i m pwned)

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
i hate this game unable to c the opponents clearly.........cant make headshots like in cs cz or 1.6 (cause i m unable to differentiate them by the time i do BAM! headshot i m pwned)

yup. visibility is a problem in the game. fog, post processing, model colours all add for poor visibility. idk why but it has been done intentionally.
if you want to see the difference with and without these, host a local server with bots.

sv_cheats 1
mat_postprocessing 0
fogui --> override fog

see the difference yourselves. everything is clear now. even you can notice some ~20fps boost. sadly there is no way to disable post processing effects on internet servers unless they sv_cheats is set to 1. anyway get used to it, it's not really big issue once you are used to it.

try simplified edition maps( de_dust2_se etc) they have no fog and are bit better.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think the emphasis here was on Deathmatch variant gameplay that's why no one cared much about the practicality of visibility. But I find this more fun and fast paced than 1.6.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Official Valve Indian CSGO servers are here: Thank you VALVE so much : GlobalOffensive

They play great. Getting very low pings and no packet loss :D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Any of you got the new Operation Vanguard ? I got it and it's rather nice :D

It's very different than any of the other previous operations.

Top Bottom