Counter-Strike: Global Offensive announced

TickTock

Broken In
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
*cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/1800/ss_6fb588280dfcfad6c98bf5d6d0fadd691b18e003.600x338.jpg?t=1313169255​

Valve has announced a new game in the Counter-Strike series, called Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

Set for release early 2012, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is being developed for PC, Mac, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360s and will apparently see digital-only distribution on all those platforms according to the press release.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will feature new maps, characters and weapons, according to the press release. It will deliver updated versions of classic Counter-Strike content too, such as de_dust, as well as new features such as leaderboards and matchmaking.

Steam page: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on Steam

Source: Valve announces Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

M Speechless :shock:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
great news - after playing CS source a lot I think it's time for an update and they are releasing it in right time anyway ;-)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will it get a brand new engine?
Nope it won't. Valve is more about content quality than graphics.

If it had a brand new engine, Valve's expected release date would have been 2015 or may be 2016. And that's without taking valve time into account.

Still Valve is many classes above any developer out there. They haven't made a single 'good' game yet. ;)

gameranand

Living to Play

If it had a brand new engine, Valve's expected release date would have been 2015 or may be 2016. And that's without taking valve time into account.

Still Valve is many classes above any developer out there. They haven't made a single 'good' game yet. ;)
True all there games are damn good. :D:D

Nice news anyways although I am not much interested but my CS friends would be happy about it. :p

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Didn't get the bold part mate. I think the truth is in contradiction to your line. Afaik all of their games gained critical commercial success.

Yeah its gonna use the same source engine. I think valve will greatly update the graphics and physics as its also making way to consoles. Portal 2 had updated source engine and used a new version.

I am sure valve will play the same cards with this new counter strike. I've always liked the gun sounds in counterstrike including recoil physics. They're very well done and expecting the same in this one.

doomgiver

Warframe
Didn't get the bold part mate. I think the truth is in contradiction to your line. Afaik all of their games gained critical commercial success.

Yeah its gonna use the same source engine. I think valve will greatly update the graphics and physics as its also making way to consoles. Portal 2 had updated source engine and used a new version.

I am sure valve will play the same cards with this new counter strike. I've always liked the gun sounds in counterstrike including recoil physics. They're very well done and expecting the same in this one.

i think he meant that all their games were awesome, and not just 'good'.

counterstrike on a console? no way.

what recoil physics?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
gameranand understood it. ;)

Haha , got you now. I took it a bit too seriously. :smile:

@ doomgiver

Yup, its coming to ps3 and xbox 360 as well. Check here.

Recoil physics is a code applied to game physics engine that takes care of gun recoils like in real world and ricocheting of bullets from walls.
I liked the implementation in counterstrike games and i hope they take it to the next level here.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Sorry to bring up controversial topics but i couldn't help myself on this one.

CS:GO is Doomed to Fail on the Xbox 360, but Not the PS3

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry to bring up controversial topics but i couldn't help myself on this one.

CS:GO is Doomed to Fail on the Xbox 360, but Not the PS3
That article is factually incorrect. We Steam users know Valve has a habit of publishing "unnecessary" small updates for their games everyday. That's the reason why it won't suit Xbox 360. One thing that article is doesn't mention about, CoD online games are fail on PS3 whereas not on Xbox 360. CoD Xbox 360 online community is much more competitive whereas the PS3 community is full of noobs online. That's a big fact. I can rather see CS:GO being a success on Xbox 360 because of lack of freebie noobs online. PS3 is a console for home theatre and off-line play whereas Xbox 360 is for online play.

Top Bottom