Cost of getting a website designed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hey everyone....can someone please tell me what is the price of getting a website designed ? I need to get a website built for my college techfest and everything from the registration of the domain to the final designing has to be done. Any ideas how much this will cost?

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
just a simple one with details about the events and a registration page......will only be used for about 2-3 months...

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
contact me and i will do that for you. my company name is Reviveart.com and we do this stuff professionally

devgujar

Broken In
For domain it will cost upto 500 INR per year......
And web space depends upon your requirement....
which technology you used...JAVA, .NET OR PHP ????
if you plan for PHP it is open source.....

CHECK WEBSITE OF TECHNICAL EVENT I HAD BEEN DESIGNED FOR MY COLLEGE TECHNICAL FESTIVAL....
*www.devgujar.site90.com/top_coder/

IT WAS online programming contest & registration form was designed in PHP/Mysql

Check following link
*www.000webhost.com/?id=16052
Domain: free
web space: free with PHP support
I am using this service for my personal website devgujar.site90.com from last three years ...no problem till date... ok tested.

Last edited:
OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
thanks guys....will check out the sites.....but please give me atleast a ballpark figure so that I can start talking to the management regarding the funds...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^Ok, the costs vary depending on the technology used. You can get the people you will end up working with to either host the site for you, or you can choose to host it yourself. Domain names are usually purchased for at least a year. Usually, you will get a domain+hosting deal for around 300-750 a month, depending on the hosting. The domain name will be a one time purchase, but expect to pay somewhere between 1500 and 2500 for a year's worth of hosting. Then comes the designing part. The rates are usually between 150 to 800 per page depending on the kind of work you are doing. You can also get something like a whole package for anywhere between 3000-6000... this includes hosting, registration and designing. Any respectable designer will charge you at least, at a minimum... 2500 per website... say for about 10 pages... and that's just for designing. Unless the said designers are starting out, in which case you will get cheaper rates, but the quality is bound to be a little immature. To get more accurate quotes, specify the kind of, and amount of content, as well as if you would require any interaction, as in form-filling, registrations etc. Also, don't be afraid of trying out hosting options abroad.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@anorion: thanks a million dude......will start the ball rolling here and see what all the budget permits.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom