Corsair Psu Query!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-G

Broken In
ATI Hyderabad recently bought around 180 620HX. I will found out what UPS they are using. Will return after 25 days.

25 Days are over dude .

So which UPS are those guys using and of what brand and ratings? Also how are the faring ?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
dont know about all you guys opinions , but my friend has the same psu and is using it finely with a microtek ups 800va. works fine and works good, the ups costs around 4k :) and has a good battery life upto 30 mins, what more do u need??

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
i m using one of my corsair HX620Ws on one of my PC using APC Backup-UPS AVR Pro 500VA..no problem as of now...

and before on another PC i was using the APC 650VA one with no issue but later changed to APC 800VA as i wanted to use the 650VA one for routers

I have faced similar problem with an antec sp400W one..a loud POP! when i switch on the UPS or power...got it replaced under warranty...

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I'm having almost the same trouble. As soon as the power goes off, my UPS starts squealing like a pig as if it has completely drained its power and shuts down within 5 seconds or so. It is not able to handle my PSU. My UPS is a Microtek 1KVA model and PSU is Corsair TX750W. So as a result I need u guys to tell me a good PURE SINE WAVE UPS, preferably before Wednesday in the range of 5-7K, that can handle my system and give backup of atleast 10 mins. Config is below:

1. Intel C2D E8400 (stock clock @ stock HSF)
  2. ASUS P5QC
  3. Patriot 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
  4. MSI HD4850
  5. WD 640GB AACS + Seagate 400GB + Seagate 160GB
Besides the system my Creative T6060 speakers and my LCD TV, which I use as display, is also connected to the UPS. Please help me guys as power cuts are frequent here and last night when power came back and I rebooted, Check Disk ran automatically to correct the system partition as it had developed few bad areas due to this sudden shutdown. I'm very afraid about my drives's security, please help me out brothers! :(

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Dood, I know and I have it 'cause I don't intend to use this config for more than 6 months so have taken a big headroom in the power department as my next rig would be Crossfire or Sli machine or maybe even a Quad so will retain the PSU for that and moreover, the Corsair advertises that under idle conditions PSU power usage is 130W, 325W under typical load and 650-750W under full load so I dont' think that with my current config, load would even exceed 450W. I just need a Pure Sine wave UPS for this PSU as my current one just dies as soon as the power goes off. AFA electricity bill is concerned, all I can say is that we've got "JUGAAD" at both our and Electricity Dept. end :D I'm just biding my time till I get my laptop in a month or two and then it would be my download rig as I also acknowledge the fact that machine of such heavy proportions is not suitable to be used as a download rig, its an insult to the rig itself :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom