Corrupted file system

Status
Not open for further replies.

nach p

Journeyman
Hi guys,
My 80 gb have 5partitions of 16 gb.
On C:/xp and on next Fedora.while removing partition from disk management instead of choosing d drive clicked on Logical drives so lost all drives and now am not able to acess that part.While installing Xp it shows raw partition cant acess that area or file system corrupted.I tried to partition using fdisk but shows harddisk cant be fixed.
i dont have any bad sectors on my hdd.
So any soft through which I can format that area.
(used partition magic shows error -init failed sector not found)

Plz reply soon.

vandit

In the zone
You can take ur harddisk to your friends house....try formatting and reinstalling everything....

digiFriend

In the zone
segate DiscWizard Starter Edition (DWSE).
will make bootable disk which will help in harddisk format and has harddisk utilities.
all harddisk website have there respective software that help in formating and other harddisk problem.

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
Try doing a low level format of your hard disk using the utility from your disk manufacturer

OP
nach p

nach p

Journeyman
Tried to format with another hdd.It shows hdd in device manager but doesnt show drives in disk management and partition magic shows error.
When I remove this hdd and boots from another hdd Partition Magic starts without any error but after connecting this hdd it shows error as explained earlier.
I will try the utilities suggested above and reply soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom