corei3 Slow hdd access issue

abhijeet2021

Broken In
Hi

i used to have a core2duo system and upgraded to core i3 2100 and intel dh61ww motherboard and kingston 1333 ddr3 ram. i got 3 hdd

WD green 250 gb sata
WD green 500 gb sata
WD green 1 tb sata

installed windows 7 sp1 64 bit on 1 tb hdd.

install all motherboard drivers i.e inf, ahci controllers, audio, video

now problem is the access time to my hdds have become awe full slow to the brink of system freezing up and explorer windows longer seek time. I checked my hdds using chkdisk and seems drives are ok. What is going wrong. i had the motherboard checked from vendor and with his hdd it works fine. Am in a fix now please help.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
I don't blame your PC, WD Green are meant to be slow and power-efficient. :/ Try installing OS on other drives..

OP
A

abhijeet2021

Broken In
checked all that the hdds r perfectly fine but accesses are too slow. i tried those hdd on my friends pc and they works fine. Between is there something like a loose sata cable>

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
checkdsk can't show HDD errors properly always so check your HDD with HDTune app ;-)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Hmm, I've experienced such slowdown once, but it was in Win7 beta days, forgot how I solved it, maybe I reinstalled another beta. :D

anyways, do you have any AV installed?
my cousin experienced such massive showdown on his XP, in his case the culprit was avast AV.
Had to uninstall thru safe mode.

Sometimes on my present Win7 ultimate desktop, whenever I connect my Android Samsung for internet thru USB, the windows taskbar becomes a bit unresponsive. So If you have any USB device attached, remove it and try again.

OP
A

abhijeet2021

Broken In
Hmm, I've experienced such slowdown once, but it was in Win7 beta days, forgot how I solved it, maybe I reinstalled another beta. :D

anyways, do you have any AV installed?
my cousin experienced such massive showdown on his XP, in his case the culprit was avast AV.
Had to uninstall thru safe mode.

Sometimes on my present Win7 ultimate desktop, whenever I connect my Android Samsung for internet thru USB, the windows taskbar becomes a bit unresponsive. So If you have any USB device attached, remove it and try again.

its a fresh windows 7 install i have disabled windows defender and firewalll and installed only eset av.

ok thanks for hdtune i founded some damaged sectors on my hdd :(. Now how can i fix them without formatting as i got more then 1 tb data on them.
also i have noted my 500gb is detected as sata while my 1tb as ide. Does it have to do with my issue if yes how to fix it. in bios i have set to ide compatibilty

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
to repair those bad sectors download HDD utilities from your manufacturers website - HDD manufacturers provide such tools to fix things like this and you can try to fix those bad sectors with those tools . These tools/apps comes in bootable CD images ( you might have to write them on CDs ). Just be patient when the scanning is going on as it will take a long time ;-)

Top Bottom