Copy protecting DATA CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

debopriyo

Broken In
Hi friends,
can anyone tell me how to copy protect my CD-R/Ws tht no one can make another copy of it?
I want to make my CDs copy protected because sometimes i burn some confindential data.

any help??

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I am not able to find the correct thread for this.. I am sure it has been discussed many times in here b4. Search for it :D

hack expert

In the zone
i have not read the older discussion but here is one solution

try cd lock

CD-Lock secures your removable media by scrambling the filenames and encrypting all the files with Blowfish. Yet, just enter the password when the CD is inserted into any computer running Win2000 or XP and you can instantly use the files as you always have¹ - without the need to decrypt them first.

Transparent Encryption tm
CD-Lock decrypts the files and unscrambles the names quickly and transparently, behind the scenes, so you don't have to. This allows anyone to keep their CD data secure but to effortlessly access their files instantly just by entering their password when the CD is inserted.

Works great on most removable media!
CD-Lock works great on floppy disks, CDs, DVDs, USB flash drives, etc

Link
*cd-lock.com/

only prob that it is shareware otherwise it is excellent work amazingly

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
yes .. if you burn confidential data .. then encrypting CD content can also be a good idea

CD-Lock is a wonderful software to do that .. It creates a full folder which you can directly burn to a cd.. and the folder contains the unlock.exe file .. you dont need CD-Lock installed in the system you're trying to decrypt the files .. you just need the password

i've been using CD-Lock for some time .. but i think a still better software ( lesser bugs, etc ) is CryptCD. most of the features are same .. you can try both and decide to buy one.
*www.cryptcd.com/
PS: its a shareware too :)

-----
alibi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom