Cooler Master TX3 or Hyper 212+

ritucool

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

I have the following config:

AMD Athlon II X4 635 - Gigabyte 880 GM-UD2h - Corsair GS 700 - CM Elite 430 - XFX HD 6850 - 4 * 2 GB 1333 MHz RAM - 1 TB WD

I want to buy a heat-sink for this rig. I am not going to overclock at all. So i was wondering if the TX3 would be sufficient as an after market HSF.

Or should I spende .6k extra for the Hyper 212+ ?

TIA.

d3p

PowerHouse
Is there any specific reasons of going behind an after market cooler ??

If you are not going to overclock then, its not worth to get an after market cooler, just for name shake.

My vote goes to CM Hyper 212+, if you are planning to overclock, otherwise, its wastage of money.

OP
R

ritucool

Is there any specific reasons of going behind an after market cooler ??

If you are not going to overclock then, its not worth to get an after market cooler, just for name shake.

My vote goes to CM Hyper 212+, if you are planning to overclock, otherwise, its wastage of money.

Actually I noted that my PC was freezing up while gaming, with a weird buzzing sound thru the speakers - and it was totally unresponsive and I had to hard-reboot. Immediately on restarting I noted that the CPU temps were hovering ~70C :-(

Even while playing non-demanding games like Return to Castle Wolfenstein, the core temps would go up ~68-70C and the PC would completely freeze. So I am guessing it is a overheating problem.

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ it means, your Processor Cooler requires cleaning or the Thermal Paste or Compound is not efficient enough.
Time for cleaning the processor faceplate & apply some thermal compound over it.

OP
R

ritucool

^^ it means, your Processor Cooler requires cleaning or the Thermal Paste or Compound is not efficient enough.
Time for cleaning the processor faceplate & apply some thermal compound over it.

Thanks for your advice...will definitely try this. :)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
If you want to buy aftermarket cooler cm hyper+ is total vfm.Otherwise clean ur heatsink and apply some thermal paste from coolermaster to stop overheating.Best of luck.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
If you want to buy aftermarket cooler cm hyper+ is total vfm.Otherwise clean ur heatsink and apply some thermal paste from coolermaster to stop overheating.Best of luck.

u mean hyper 212+,right?
and yes,the CM Thermalfusion 400 will be good....

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Yes i mean Cm hyper 212+.I think thermal paste are available with this cooler(correct me if i am wrong)

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Yes i mean Cm hyper 212+.I think thermal paste are available with this cooler(correct me if i am wrong)

Yes....right u are...but imho aftermarket paste is always better...but theres the issue of money....let the op choose...the performance is key

Top Bottom