Cooler master Hyper 212 plus

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, there's 1.5-2k price difference which is enough to grab a decent cooler like CM 212 Evo.

@ sabchat - if you consider OCing the most IB cpus can't go past 4.5Ghz but SB cpus can be OCed more and has no heating issue like IB cpus.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
whats the difference between the 2600k and 2700k? the 2700k is some 1.5k more..

100Mhz faster. And more than anything performs better than 2600k in almost all tests, even if it is small. 2700k is worth it, if you are looking best value for money it will be the i5 2550K

sabchat

Broken In
So according to majority of you it is better to go for i7 2600k with a graphics card. That will be enough to suit the purpose. Am I correct? And with that a good cooler like Hyper 212 Evo will suit the purpose right?

dfcols71

In the zone
sabchat start a new thread regarding proposed rig and budget
imo -if purpose is gaming i5 2500k is more than enough

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So according to majority of you it is better to go for i7 2600k with a graphics card. That will be enough to suit the purpose. Am I correct? And with that a good cooler like Hyper 212 Evo will suit the purpose right?

CM Hyper 212 is enough to handle a core i5/i7 2500k/2600k Oced at 4.5Ghz for 24*7 usages.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I was doing some research for a new CPU cooler for my upcoming AMD FX 6300 CPU and found this thread.

Right now I am using Cooler master Hyper TX3 with CM Blade master 92MM PWM fan on an AMD A6 3500 APU with 65W TDP. Load temperatures are under 38C while idle temperature is from 16C to 24C with fan running at 50% speed of 1500 RPM approx.

However, I am about to upgrade to an AMD FX 6300 CPU with 95W TDP and although my Hyper TX3 with 92mm fan can handle it easily, there are chances that my fan's RPM will need to be increased. It gets noisy over 2300 RPM which is something I don't like. I like silent PCs.

I checked Hyper 212 Evo and strongly recommend against it. While the heatsink is good, that fan is a clip-on fan. I had a similar fan on my CM hyper TX2 3 years ago and it broke. These clip-on fans are hard to find and if broken, you will either have to find a fan clip to install an after market 120mm fan or buy new heatsink + fan all together.

I find Hyper 212+ better because it gives very similar performance to Hyper 212 Evo but comes with a regular 120 MM PWM fan & fan clips. In case your fan breaks in future, you can just use a new 120 MM PWM fan and use existing clip which came bundled.

I do believe that Hyper 212+ is hard to find in the market now but if you can then you should sure go for it instead.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I've not understood your post clearly .. what's hard to find in case of Evo - the fan or the fan clips ??

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
If the fan blades or something else breaks in it, it is hard to find second default clip-on fan for it. At least not possible in SMC International. They tell you to buy a new fan + heatsink all together.

Gollum

Collector
If the fan blades or something else breaks in it, it is hard to find second default clip-on fan for it. At least not possible in SMC International. They tell you to buy a new fan + heatsink all together.

evo comes with an extra fan bracket in the box. have you not had a look in it?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Do you mean something like the one shown on this page.

View attachment 11777

Do these brackets allow you to install any 120 mm fan in case the pre-installed one breaks? If so then Hyper 212 Evo is a good deal.

How is Hyper T4? It is available in SMC International for ₹ 1.8k and can easily cool a CPU with over 150W TDP.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, they do allow installation of most of the 120mm fans found on the market and if the stock fan is not functioning you can easily replace it too.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
In that case, I am in the market to buy a new fan for AMD FX 6300. I saw Cooler Master Hyper T4 at ₹ 1.8k but don't know the maximum TDP it can support or should I go with Cooler Master Hyper 212X for ₹ 2.2k which has 180W TDP support so I can over clock upto 4 GHz on air too for sure.

Any idea if Hyper T4 will be enough? Benchmark suggest so but there isn't info I could dig out related to its TDP support.

Gollum

Collector
Do you mean something like the one shown on this page.

View attachment 11777

Do these brackets allow you to install any 120 mm fan in case the pre-installed one breaks? If so then Hyper 212 Evo is a good deal.

How is Hyper T4? It is available in SMC International for ₹ 1.8k and can easily cool a CPU with over 150W TDP.

yes, you can just connect any 90mm fan
hyper tx3 does not have a 120mm fan. Its small.
You can use a 120mm fan for the 212 though

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
In that case, I am in the market to buy a new fan for AMD FX 6300. I saw Cooler Master Hyper T4 at ₹ 1.8k but don't know the maximum TDP it can support or should I go with Cooler Master Hyper 212X for ₹ 2.2k which has 180W TDP support so I can over clock upto 4 GHz on air too for sure.

Any idea if Hyper T4 will be enough? Benchmark suggest so but there isn't info I could dig out related to its TDP support.

T4 is good but for 400 bucks difference you better get a 212 Evo.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I got cooler Master Hyper 212X for ₹ 2.1k from SMC International, New Delhi. You can check my PC on this thread.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/176879-efficient-long-term-build-red.html

Gollum

Collector
I got cooler Master Hyper 212X for ₹ 2.1k from SMC International, New Delhi. You can check my PC on this thread.

not a good idea to post your facebook page
you can make an instagram or flickr or imageshack album for the whole world to see.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ imgur is also a good option.

congrats :) and +1 to the above post ;-)

Top Bottom