Cooler Master Elite 430/431 Discussion Thread

Morpheus

Broken In
Finally got Sapphire HD 7870 and CM EVO 212 along with the new CM 431 Plus. Here are some pics-

*i.imgur.com/0MF7H.jpg

*i.imgur.com/4oHiL.jpg

Yeah, its a mess at the back.

*i.imgur.com/0pB0d.jpg

*i.imgur.com/vbPDQ.jpg

CM 212 EVO is performing way too good than expected. Stress tested my i5 760 with prime95 for 30 mins, didn't go above 60 C and stayed within 50-55C for most of the time at full load. With the stock cooler, it went upto 90 C within few minutes of stress testing (thermal paste also dried off completely so it was this bad). Idle temps came down from 40-45C to 30-33C. :-D Special thanks to topgear for answering my questions. :)

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats on your purchase and the green leds are looking good ;-)

@ suh007 - Elite 430 transparent Side Panel version comes with only ne fan AFAIK - did you get that or the version without any Transparent side panel ??

suh007

Broken In
@ suh007 - Elite 430 transparent Side Panel version comes with only ne fan AFAIK - did you get that or the version without any Transparent side panel ??
Mine is the one without transparent side panel.
I checked my cpu temp
It's around 45 deg C in idle and when gaming it's 75 deg C.Are these safe temp ?
Should i buy new fans to reduce the temp a little ?
What is the ideal fan setup for Elite 430

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
your idle and load temps is too much .. this should be 35-40c and under 70c respectively ...

Coming to the fan setup :

Intakes : Front,Side and Bottom.
Exhaust : 2 Top and the Rear.

phil2097

Broken In
@Morpheus......that's some cable management there mate...amazingly done...hello again 430/431 elite members..

kalosbas

Right off the assembly line
hey guys, new to this forum, proud owner of a cm 430 elite!

I got into watercooling a while ago and i am currently thinking of adding another 120 rad on the bottom of the case for cooling the cpu. But there is not enough space for that. Has anyone removed the hdd tray and plased it the other way around? So that the hdds wil face the side panel with the window and the their cables facing back? The downside is that it will require some work and the cables hidden behind the tray would show. The alternative is to mount it externally at the back and drill into the two holes provided, but still i dont know if there is enough space for the tubing since i already have two fans on top for the top external rad. Any suggestions??

LL.jpg
LL2.jpg
LL3.jpg
LL4.jpg
LL5.jpg

illuminatuz

Broken In
hey.. I purchased Elite 431 plus today at Hyderabad for 2958 INR.. it is awesome.. but I am not sure about the cable management and how do I put four fans there? one bottom and two up and one behind as there's only one fan port on the mobo - for the back fan, one of the 4-pin connector for the front fan, that leaves me with just two 4-pin connectors for the top two fans and I wonder how did the other guy (Joe from Page 15) managed to get all the fans with similar config as mine:

AMD 965 BE
GA-880-GM-USB3 - Gigabyte Mobo
6GB 1333 mhz RAM
CoolerMaster 450 watts PSU.
Nvidia GTS - 450

My upgrade Plan :

600 watts psu and HD 7870 GPU and 8 gb 1333 mhz ram (gonna add 2gb more)

my question is how and where do i connect the fourth fan that resides at the bottom??

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to TDF and congrats on your purchase ;-)

anyway, coming to the topic : how many fans you need to connect exactly and they all have 4 pin fan connector and did not came with any kind of 4 pin fan to 4 pin molex adapter so that you can connect them with the PSU ? if possible post the manufacturer product link of those fans.

illuminatuz

Broken In
Thanks.. :-D

anyway, coming to the topic : how many fans you need to connect exactly and they all have 4 pin fan connector and did not came with any kind of 4 pin fan to 4 pin molex adapter so that you can connect them with the PSU ? if possible post the manufacturer product link of those fans.

uh.. it seems that it has only three 4-pin connectors which is not sufficient to power 5 fans.. i'll need to upgrade the psu to some nice 600 watts corsair gs600..

currently I have coolermaster's rs-400-psar-j3 400watts psu..

going to upgrade my gpu to a nice 7870 too.. hope it fits there..

rs-400-psar-j3

that's my PSU. But I saw recently that its got bad ratings and reviews.. I'm planning to change it to a corsair gs600.. 5 fans with blue LED.. HD7870 and a 1080p monitor..

this came up as I want my pc to be safe and not burn out "my precious" (as I saw with the PSU threads/guides here in this forum) :p

on a serious note upgrading my monitor is the reason to upgrade my GPU (current being nVidia GTS 450 by MSI) as I am a casual gamer but I play some HD games like BF3, COD, GTA IV, Metro 2033 etc.. etc.. again which in turn is the reason to upgrade my PSU..

to keep them all heat-free im planning to install all possible fans (I live in a hot area of the country).. as I found that this case's cooling is pretty awesome and I loved it.. costed me almost 3000 INR.. still.. I think its worth it.. (going to wall mount that CPU soon.. will post pics when she is ready and loaded :cool: )

any advise would be great..

One quick question : Can I take a CoolerMaster v6 GT for this rig? Im on a gigabyte 880gm-usb3 mobo.. and I somewhat feel that the space might be a constraint..

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, now I got the fan issue but it's very hard t find 4 pin fan to 4 pin molex adapter unless your fan came with those adapters. GS600 is fine for powering all those componenets along with HD7870 and the HD7870 will fit into that cabinet though I'm not so sure about the V6 GT whether it will fit or not inside of the 431 plus but you can get the Hyper 212 Evo though which performs very well and would definitely fit easily.

illuminatuz

Broken In
Ok, now I got the fan issue but it's very hard t find 4 pin fan to 4 pin molex adapter unless your fan came with those adapters. GS600 is fine for powering all those componenets along with HD7870 and the HD7870 will fit into that cabinet though I'm not so sure about the V6 GT whether it will fit or not inside of the 431 plus but you can get the Hyper 212 Evo though which performs very well and would definitely fit easily.

Thanks man.. I love some LEDs.. so that's why I'm going in for those.. that with all the fans... And looks like I need some 4-pin adaptors..

my cpu idles about 45c on startup and goes upto 63 under load.. comes down to 35 or 40 depending on the ambient temp. its (the temp) high during day and low during night.. that's why.. do I have anything good there or should I give it (v6) a shot..?

just now saw the seidon 120 by coolermaster.. liquid cooler.. how good is that..?

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think you have bought Cm Xtraflo fans ? but if possible exchange them with CM 2000RPM 90CFM LED fan which has 3 pin connector and comes with an adapter to connect with the psu. or else the only way to use the 4 pin fans is to use a fan controller.

Before suggesting anything about liquid cooling what's the ambient temp( night and day), do you have any AC in the room and which cpu do you have exactly ?

illuminatuz

Broken In
^^ I think you have bought Cm Xtraflo fans ? but if possible exchange them with CM 2000RPM 90CFM LED fan which has 3 pin connector and comes with an adapter to connect with the psu. or else the only way to use the 4 pin fans is to use a fan controller.

Before suggesting anything about liquid cooling what's the ambient temp( night and day), do you have any AC in the room and which cpu do you have exactly ?

Naa.. I didn't purchase them yet.. ill buy this Saturday when I got time.. also the room temp varies.. its very hot during summer and very cold during winter..

I have a phenom II x4 965 cpu..

there is ac in the room.. but considering power bills.. its a rare luxury..

The ambient temp would be from 15 at night to 25 during day.. in winter.. and about 20 on a summer night to about 30 during summer days..

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
30c ambient temp is manageable with good air cooling ( 2.2k -4k ) for 965BE unless you OC it to the limits using some 1.5 vcore and if possible don't buy the Xtraflo fans unless you have plenty of 4 in header connector avaibale.

illuminatuz

Broken In
So.. you say that if I fit all the fans in the case.. it should be good... Right..?

One thing I can't bear is the stock cooler's irritating sound like a fly near my ears.. buzzing sound when its in high temp about 60+.. sometimes it goes upto 65..

TheLetterD

Will Power
If Im getting the Bitfenix Merc Alpha and the CM430 both for the same price(2.9K) which one would be a better choice?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Bitfenix Merc Alpha has better cable management and an additional fan option at the front.
CM 430 has no cable management, unless you consider that small space behind the hdd cage.

Top Bottom