DSC00689.jpg
DSC00690.jpg
DSC00693.jpg
DSC00694.jpg

comments pls..

I am clueless about cable management still!! :cry:

Myth

Cyborg Agent

Great quality pics. Nice lighting. I prefer blue also. Seems you cleaned it recently or else its quite new.
There isnt much for cable management in the 430. Normally everyone tucks everything behind the HDD cage or above/below the OPD(s).

Why is this thread soo deserted!!! no living soul here??
I guess people are busy with Holi and the long weekend.

illuminatuz

Broken In
Great quality pics. Nice lighting. I prefer blue also. Seems you cleaned it recently or else its quite new.
There isnt much for cable management in the 430. Normally everyone tucks everything behind the HDD cage or above/below the OPD(s).

I guess people are busy with Holi and the long weekend.

Guess so.. thanks for replying.. one thing is that the x6 doesn't fit in here..had to put it horizontally or remove the two top fans.. this way its more cool but its all over my ram slots.. so if I want to change my ram.. have to remove the hsf..

wow...the blue led's on top look nice...damn have to rework my own cabinet...its due for major cleaning now...

You are right.. I cleaned it and I always keep it cleaned and neat.. I hate dust especially on my sweetie..

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is this cabinet still recommended or has something better come in the market?

I am looking to buy in Pune.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Is this cabinet still recommended or has something better come in the market?

I am looking to buy in Pune.

Not so good cable management, only one front fan slot, the rear slot for cpu cooler back plate is insufficient. The included front fan has low rpm and low airflow.

The nzxt source 210 elite is better and cheaper.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You mean this :

NZXT Source 210 Elite Black Steel with painted interior ATX Mid Tower Computer Case w/ Black Front Trim

Doesn't look very air flow friendly. Anyone owns this?

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Not that exactly but with transparent side window.
Its hard to find.
More airflow means more dust except very costly cases.
You can't find find any cheap case which with very good for airflow and also can prevent dust.

Imvikky18

Broken In
Guys I got a CM431 Cabinet with Stock fan in front position intake format.... Following Config
AMD FX8320 Vishera 8 Core 4 GHz Processor with stock cooler
Gigabyte 970 - UD3 Mobo
8Gb 1600 MHz Vengence RAM
Sapphire ATI HD7770 1GB DDR5 Card
Toshiba 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
Corsair CX500 PSU(Bottom Mounted)
LG D2342P-P/N 3D Monitor
I have not added any extra fans as I am not great at modding... Last night my pc switched off due to overheating...
Please suggest me good options to Cool my PC... Gone through the posts but could not decide about configuration of Fans....
Budget is 1 K for 3-4 additional fans....

Imvikky18

Broken In
^ go for this: Cooler Master 120MM Silent Cabinet Fan 120 SI2 (4 Fans) | eBay
In what configuration.... Somewhere in thread I read about positioning One 2K fan as front intake and put stock fan on side + two fans as top and rear exhaust and some calculation thereafter... Could you please be a bit more deliberate...

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
In what configuration.... Somewhere in thread I read about positioning One 2K fan as front intake and put stock fan on side + two fans as top and rear exhaust and some calculation thereafter... Could you please be a bit more deliberate elaborate?? :p...

maintain positive air pressure..

front-intake
side-intake
top-intake
rear-exhaust

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Top fan should be mounted as exhaust and ther's option for bottom fan mount on Elite 431

Guys I got a CM431 Cabinet with Stock fan in front position intake format.... Following Config
AMD FX8320 Vishera 8 Core 4 GHz Processor with stock cooler
Gigabyte 970 - UD3 Mobo
8Gb 1600 MHz Vengence RAM
Sapphire ATI HD7770 1GB DDR5 Card
Toshiba 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
Corsair CX500 PSU(Bottom Mounted)
LG D2342P-P/N 3D Monitor
I have not added any extra fans as I am not great at modding... Last night my pc switched off due to overheating...
Please suggest me good options to Cool my PC... Gone through the posts but could not decide about configuration of Fans....
Budget is 1 K for 3-4 additional fans....

Make sure you've mounted the cpu cooler properly .. Re-mount the cpu cooler with good TiM like DP Z9 if possible and about fans follow this :

Top: 120mm fan x 2 as exhaust ( 1000-1200 RPM silent non led fans )
Front: 120mm Fan x1 as intake ( 2000 RPM fan )
Rear: 120mm fan x 1 (1000-1200 RPM silent non led fan )
Bottom: 80/120mm** fan x 1 (as Inatkel)

** see which one fits after mounting the PSU.

Imvikky18

Broken In
Thanks a Lot... I would be getting this stuff from Flipkart or Nehru Place in Delhi could you suggest me a brand name to look for and approx price range as well... I have never ever tried to look inside the Cabinet what is there and here I am trying to fix something inside ... PLEASE HELP

Top: *www.flipkart.com/deepcool-xfan120l...no=t_4&otracker=from-search&query=cabinet fan Two in exhaust mode.(May be one on top and one one on rear)
Front: Stock one for the Blue Color Effect...Don't know RPM and air flow...
Bottom: Cooler Master XtraFlo Cooler - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com in intake mode.

I don't know settings for stock fan but now I would have two exhaust at 44.71 CFM 1300 RPM and intake at 34.02 - 93.74 CFM with 800 - 2200 RPM plus the stock Fan So I am sure it would be positive pressure... If I install two exhaust on top and one on rear then may be I am spoiling the mathematics of positive pressure already...

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For 2000 RPM fans ( front+bottom ) : Cooler Master 90 CFM Blue LED Cooler - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com
Choice of Top and rear Exhaust fans are good.
The bundled stock fan is probably of 1000 RPM with around ~40 CFM.

3 exhaust fans will have ~135 CFM in total and 2x intake fan ( front and bottom ) will have 180 CFM in total .. this cabinet comes with one stock fan at front, put that in rear and buy 2x DP 44 CFM fans and 2x 90 CFM CM fans and you are all good to go.

Top Bottom