Cooler Master Elite 430/431 Discussion Thread

abuzar

Journeyman
guys how is the cable management in cooler master elite 431 as iam looking to buy that case?
or is there any better option at 3.5k?

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
there's better option available - look for NZXT Source 210 Elite side window [ transparent version ]

counterpunch

Right off the assembly line
I was wondering a couple things can 200mm fan fit on the top two 120mm fan slots?

Another thing I have a seasonic x650w modular 80 plus gold PSU should the fan e pointing down or up?

Last thing I want to install all of my fans in all slots will that hinder performance?

Thanks

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Last thing I want to install all of my fans in all slots will that hinder performance?

Thanks
not at all. make front,side and top fans as intake and back fan as exhaust

another thing I have a seasonic x650w modular 80 plus gold PSU should the fan e pointing down or up?

the cabinet has psu mounting holes at bottom. it is better if you can point the fan down as psu fan is intake.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
just a little chnage to the above suggestion :)

mount the top fans as exhaust and see how much hot air the pulls out - side, front and bottom should be as intake like suggested above.

satansof2

New to this forum
just a little chnage to the above suggestion :)

mount the top fans as exhaust and see how much hot air the pulls out - side, front and bottom should be as intake like suggested above.

i dont have a fan on the bottom of my case (psu cables are blocking it unfortunately) would i still make the top 3 exhaust? even though my cpu heatsink fan is intake?

thanks for answer (btw all the fans are thermaltake thunderblade - newegg link: Thermaltake AF0032 Case Fan - Newegg.com - the front intake is stock fan that came with case looks like a 120mm blue led)

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Change the stock fan and yes, stlll it's better to keep all three top fans as exhaust.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
ok i am using this cabinet and my fan specification are 1x 120mm fan (stock one) intake, 1x 120mm cm 1200epm fan rear exhaust

now for top fans since i am using hyper 212 evo and its directing air towards back fan i hav made 1 fan as intake and 1 fan as exhaust both 120 mm 1200rpm the bottom fan i can't use since my last 120 mm fan is not fitting after installing PSU any better config?

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. change stock intake with some high speed fan like CM Sickle Flow
2. Are you using 212 evo in push+pull setup ? If not place the both top fan as exhaust.
3. You can attach a 80/90 mm fan as intake on the bottom side.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
1. change stock intake with some high speed fan like CM Sickle Flow
2. Are you using 212 evo in push+pull setup ? If not place the both top fan as exhaust.
3. You can attach a 80/90 mm fan as intake on the bottom side.

actually i bought cm silent 120mm x 4 set so one fan was left out btw what's the sped of stock fan and any budget fan can u suggest for front intake

i am not using it in push pull config........

and why both top fan as exhaust ?? the right one is intake and the left one is exhaust i made it so cause the fan flow direction was from right to left and finally to rear exhaust since only front fan intake is there i had to do this setup...........

can anything be done to fit 120 mm fan at bottom? i hav gs600 and ya it blocks space for 120 mm fan also no more fan slots available in mobo.........

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For budget fans this is what I like most :
*www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-sickleflow-green-120-mm/p/itmdmkmy7axgn5wg

Just keep the both fan on top as exhaust and see how hot air is coming out and making the cabinet cool ;)

If you can do a little mod work on the cabinet [ a driller should just do just fine ] you'll be able to use a 120mm fan at bottom.

polupoka

In the zone
I have this configin cm elite 431 plus (below pic).. No gpu in future... I want to add a 120 mm <1500rpm fan, shud i replace it with stock fan? And stock fan in top as exhaust?

Any better idea?

Max budget is 1200/-

Please helppp :( *tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/12/bd32b9b1511efd17374be8f7e2a2318c.jpg

manu21

Right off the assembly line
[MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] hi recently bought a build with the 431, now i have just the stock fan and my 4790k even with 412s is getting 100 degrees celcius with prime 95 small ffts, what fans should i buy? and how should i use them? the bottom fan can be 92mm i hope cause my xfx 750w

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
[MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] hi recently bought a build with the 431, now i have just the stock fan and my 4790k even with 412s is getting 100 degrees celcius with prime 95 small ffts, what fans should i buy? and how should i use them? the bottom fan can be 92mm i hope cause my xfx 750w

have you used any thermal paste while installing the cooler?

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=291859]manu21[/MENTION] - first make sure you done the above as suggested by [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION]. My personal preference is CM Xtraflo fans or you can use CM Sickle flow too.

Top Bottom