Cooler Master 310 and 3 hard disks

Saurav2007

Broken In
I have a cooler master 310 using a 785Gm gigabyte board with its native 390W cooler master extreme PSU. I am currently running 2 hard disks SATA and 1 SATA Dvd writer

I want to install one more hard disk. Is it possible as I just cant find a slot in the cooler master cabinet. Also, it only has two SATA power connections. What to do?

ssb1551

Technomancer
Oh bummer!!Well what you can do is convert 1 of the HDDs to an external one.
Oh & a sincere piece of advice - please change your PSU!Get Corsair CX400 or CX430.

OP
S

Saurav2007

Broken In
Ok, then I will get a CX430 which has 4 SATA connections

Is it available at any shop in Nehru Place/Delhi? What is the approximate cost

I have a cooler master 310 using a 785Gm gigabyte board with its native 390W cooler master extreme PSU. I am currently running 2 hard disks SATA and 1 SATA Dvd writer

I want to install one more hard disk. Is it possible as I just cant find a slot in the cooler master cabinet. Also, it only has two SATA power connections. What to do?

Easily possible. Elite 310 has 6 Internal drive bays for Hard disks. So u can use 3 HDD very easily. As for the extra power connector needed, you can get a Molex to SATA power converter for any hardware shop for around 20 bucks.

OP
S

Saurav2007

Broken In
I want to change the power supply after all as I am worried about the health of the PC. My system is 785GMUS2h Gigabyte MB and Phenom X2555 and running 3 hard disks with no graphics card. I wanted to get the Corsair 400/430 but what about FSP Saga II 500W. Should I go for the higher wattage?

FSP Saga II 500W is also enough for your system if you cant find Corsair 400/450w PSU. And you dont need any higher wattage if you go with these reputed brands :)

Top Bottom