Cool 3D effects in Fedora Core 6 using Beryl!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Here is the detailed procedure to install Beryl for those super cool 3D effects in Fedora Core 6!!.

Read the complete instructions here

NOTE: Guys take a backup of the 'etc/X11/xorg.conf' file before making any changes!!
So in case something goes wrong, you can always restore the original file

praka123

left this forum longback
there exists ppl using fedora core? OMG! debian/ubuntu the superior and da future of GNU/Linux with GNOME DE. ;)

adit_sen

In the zone
prakash kerala said:
there exists ppl using fedora core? OMG! debian/ubuntu the superior and da future of GNU/Linux with GNOME DE. ;)

well different linux distro's serve different purposes to people. so i don't think that's a fair comment...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
prakash kerala said:
And as of what I have read Red Hat people have a lot behind developing GNOME DE.

OP
JGuru

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Prakash, There are some loyal Fedora users also. This is for them.
@aryayush, Yes, Fedora 6 comes with XGL & AIGLX. But Beryl effects are superior
to that XGL & AIGLX. Even though Beryl is a fork of XGL!!

eddie

El mooooo
JGuru said:
@aryayush, Yes, Fedora 6 comes with XGL & AIGLX. But Beryl effects are superior
to that XGL & AIGLX. Even though Beryl is a fork of XGL!!
Correction...
Beryl is a fork of Compiz and not XGL.

OP
JGuru

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Eddie, Thanks for the correction. I read their website *www.beryl-project.org/
And you are right.

gauravnawani

Journeyman
prakash kerala said:
Prakash some time you speak wierd :p. I actualy loved fc6 after a long gap, but then Edgey was not behaving well for me. ;)

They do, but you will need to have accelerated graphics drivers, the default graphics drivers are not... well normally.

Last edited:

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Anyone knows what is the MINIMUM hardware requirement for Beryl, AIGLX etc...Is there someone who is running Beryl on his 5 year old system??? I have an INTEL i810 series MoBo with onboard graphic and 256 MB SDRAM. Will it run on my system???

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Subratabera forget about XGL. AIGLX maybe but still not worth the try. 256 is low enough to just about run a full fledged DE.
IMO, at 256MB of RAM you shouldn't run anything over XFCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom