converting any language to english???

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

i hav a subtitle file which is in a non-english format... i think its swedish. and its really hard to get an english subs for it! :( i hav searched all possible sources.. atleast to my knowledge. is there any software which inputs file of desired language and o/ps the language chosen? or any other alternative? thk u.

/legolas

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Try this site .. *www.tranexp.com/
but the software is too costly .. I couldnt find a freeware one.
Try online translators instead .. they usually have word limits .. so you will have to repeat the process many times to complete the entire file.

BTW, which movie?? ... I can try searching english subtitles if you want.

-----
alibi

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
ohh ..
Prison break is awesome .. I'm so frustated that next episode will come in march ...
aah .. pulling my hairs :D .. they've left the story at such a point.

anyways .. I found prison break's english quite understandable.
Following sites should be useful for you.
*subtitles.images.o2.cz/120213/Prison+Break+-+The+Complete+First+Season.html
*www.divxsubtitles.net/page_subtitles.php (search prison break .. I found good links)
*www.divx-titlovi.com/Default.aspx?page=subtitles&letter=p
or search for "prison break transcripts" .. you'll get a few good sites.

-----
alibi

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
alib_i, i join your fan club! :D:D:D awesome, and btw, cud u get me some links for criminal minds too? its really pain in the a*se!!! to get teh subs for this series.. and they talk like real sh*t in 40 mins!!! i got only for episode 1 & 2!

/legolas

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Try ABBYY Lingvo 10 software at
*buy.abbyy.com/content/lingvo/default.aspx
It costs 80 US dollars. This is an excellent language
conversion software available.
Hope it's useful.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
the site says "russian into english etc.... " and viceversa... nyways thks for the links.. i dont think i need them anymore. thks to alib_i

/legolas

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
:) incase of a real 4.7/8.5 GB DVD movie, then u get subtitles track of differnet languages along with it. but w cud always "rip a big movie into say a 700 Mb file using xvid or divx encoding for video and a AC3 codec for audio so taht they fit on a CD and they wudnt hav a quality loss atleast to be detected with ur "eyes"! so tats it. when u rip usually, the subtitles are lost and so u cud download the subtitle(the conversation in the movie/tv show) separately and use a vobsub software to play the conversation from the subtitle file u dl and the video together so that it wud be more understandable... hope this helps u.

/legolas

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
I havent seen criminal minds .. dont know for sure where/how to get subtitles ..
why dont you search one of the earlier links for it's subs too.
some of my firends say that P2P is the best source of subs for tv series .. but I dont know that for sure. :)

-----
alibi

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Why would somebody need subtitles for a novel !! :lol:
TV.com link
Present Ranking: Alltime No 2

-----
alibi

con_tester

Journeyman
@legolas
Thanks That helped me...

But u said that 4.5 GB Movie has Subtitles..
But I cant see any subtitles in Terminator 2 DVD provided in this months Digit..
Do I have to use Specific Player...
Currently I use Windows Media Player 10...

Also what is average size of a downloaded subtitle file...

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Subtitle files are just text files with dialogues written.
You can open them in notepad,etc
Average size is arount 100-200KB

I dont know if terminator 2 DVD distributed by Digit has subtitle files or not.

__Virus__ said:
Edit: My operator doesn't broadcasts FOX :(
neither does mine ..
there are other workarounds you know .... ;)
(there is an ongoing thread over this issue)

----
alibi

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
con_tester, in a DVD tehy r inbuilt, if u use powerdvd or windvd or windows media player watever, right click when movie is played and u shud get an option called "subtitles" where u can choose the language.. teh external subtitle that we ll hav to dl separately is only for a divx/xvid ripped movie.. hope u get my point! :) gl.

/legolas

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
con_tester said:
But u said that 4.5 GB Movie has Subtitles..
But I cant see any subtitles in Terminator 2 DVD provided in this months Digit..
Not every one will have, but if its an original dvd, 99.99% you'll find atleat 3 subtitles. Local DVDs (5 in 1 DVD Rs. 100) may or may not contain subtitles.

T2 DVD given by digit is not the original one. Its a custom made dvd, which does not contain any extra features like subtitles, languages etc.,

con_tester said:
Also what is average size of a downloaded subtitle file...

Say, 100 kb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom