Converting 2x2.1 into 4.2

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Ok, I know 4.2s don't officially exist.
So I was thinking is it possible to connect another 2.1, that will *produce* the bass response? to to say Centre/Left/Right. Line Out will be used by a working 2.1.
Else if I buy 2xRCA(F) to 3.5mm converter then can I connect these to Left & Right & produce 5.1 sans the Centre speaker?

Just a thought.

Gollum

Collector
Dude i have a 6.3speaker system.
For center i have two philips full range speakers. Sub is a custom made 8"sub 100w rms.
Creative inspire 2.1 for front speakers.
Another creative inspire 2.1 for rear speakers.
And there it is 6.3 speakers making a total of 9 speakers connected to the realtek onboard sound card of my computer.
There is no problem of common ground since the comp grounds them all.

Gollum

Collector
It depends on the audio being played on the rear channel. But if you have ac3 filter on windows xp platform you can direct the sub channel to all the subs. You will need ffdshow for 7. Also best if you have soundmax audio card. Its driver is the best for de-muxing 2 ch to 5.1. Realtek drivers are not that great.

OP
nbaztec

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
I have Realtek HD Audio AC892, 8 channel. Really didn't wanted to go bust for a sound card. Still don't have a GPU yet.

Gollum

Collector
It will work just fine. Just set the audio config to 4ch quadraphonic. Install ac3 codec or klm mega codec pack. In ac3 codec config. Enable the option, "use ac3 filter for pcm"
Also use custom matrix for mapping the audio channels.
Wish i had my pc, i would have posted a screen shot for your settings.

Top Bottom