convert form Xvid.AC3 to VCD dat.How??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharat_r

In the zone
1.I have a DVD rip in Xvid with AC3 dolby format(as avi).I don't have a DVD writer.So I can burn it only as a VCD.

When I burnt it(using Nero) as a VCD & put it in my VCD player,I can see only the video & there is no audio.

I tried converting the file to mpeg(using Advanced X Video Converter).
79 min file took up 1.3 GB & nero says file's to big.

How do I burn it to a VCD(dat) which is playable in my VCD player with Video as well as Audio.

2.I searched the forums for this & found that VCD 2.0 does not support dolby sound is there a next version of VCD like 3.0 which does?

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
Thanks!I'm processing the video using TMPG.
I'll post back if I find some difficulites.

in the first link:
Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

how to do that????

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Download AimONE Video Convertor n convert the file to VCD(PAL) n i guess u have a AC3 decoder installed......

79 minute video will definately fit on a single VCD

thats cos the standard VCD bitrate is 1150kbps n the 1.3GB u got was probably cos the MPEG u encoded was using 2350kbps MPEG

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Install ACE codecs Pack(from Some Digit CD..... i think last month's.......) and download Power Video Converter( this is also available in Old Digit CD, I think April 2004, but I dont remember)......... and convert it into a MPEG format........... Then burn with Nero as Usual (hope you know how to burn Video Files, don't you??... you should not directly burn it as a data but you should burn it as a video......)
hope you get it.........

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
saROMan,

I followed the steps told in the first link u gave(*forum.digital-digest.com/archive/index.php/t-23203-p-1.html)

In the resulting mpeg file Audio & Video do not syncronize.Video comes first then the audio :(

I'll try what maverickrohan & khattam_ have said.

mamba

In the zone
use avi2dvd . specify output source as cd . write the image files created 2 ur cd

hope this works out , it generally does 4 most guys

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
tried both

I used TMPGEnc to convert it to mpg, also tried Dr.DivX to convert it to DivX avi...but still Audio & Video are not in phase.

I think the AC3 audio is causing the problem.

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
does it depend on disc space.I have only 3 GB of free space in C drive(in which the tools are installed)

The E drive has 5 GB free space.
Will it make any difference?

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
dude...........Why dont u try AimONE Video Convertor Like I said b4.............It is very stable n supports VBR Audio too

A 30 second lag in A/V syn can only b caused by VBR Audio........

Try AimONE n then tell me the results.......!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom