The Mac sucks at gaming...end of story.

^^Holy fricks. I forgot that I'm on the Mac side...^^

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
goobimama said:

well atleast we know what the OS that we are using is capable/not capable of.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
eddie said:
We choose to use open source software because we are comfortable with them and find them much better than Windows counter parts for our usage requirements.
thats the key word ... which implies that MS is not shitty and neither is windows its just that what u want is done better by linux and not by windows ... so if that is the sentiment shared by majority open source users then why bad mouth and bash microsoft and its products ...what ur requirements are fulfiled best by linux what our requirements are fulfilled best by windows ... so we should be both happy about the fact that we have suppliers in the market that cater to both our needs (not forgetting mac boys :D) ... so i guess it is wrong tht people from open source community hi-jack threads which by title shud have had been between windows and mac and come here start bashing MS products ... and start telling every1 to "wake up to reality" ... when the reality is that linux requires more command lines than clics :D

PSand im not specifically pointing out to u ;)

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
Who contributed money to this conference?

Apple?.... Microsoft?

Originally Posted by Dino Dai Zovi
For me the challenge, especially with the time constraint, was the real draw. I also hoped that the live demonstration of a Mac OS X exploit would provide some much needed hard evidence in the recent Mac security debates.
Does anybody else see the qualifier built into this statement? What about Vista's legacy code? Every OS has legacy code, and Vista is no exception here.

So he's comparing only the new parts of Vista, versus all of OS X -- both new and old. Where's the fairness?

The exploit he apparently exploited is an application issue not an OS issue. You cannot judge how secure OS X based on vulnerabilities in software working atop the OS. While we all understand that no computer is 100% secure, this "contest" is nothing more than the anti-Mac FUD machine going into high gear due to the growing interest in Macs and the lackluster adoption, if not outright rejection, of Windows Vista.

Originally Posted by mAV3
well they are all gonna point out the fact that the bug also affects windows ... thats what nepcker posted in this section some days ago ....
I just posted a news item. I never defended Mac in the original "Myth crushed" thread by saying that it affects Windows too.

Originally Posted by ketanbodas
Whadda? Macworld reporting it ? But it does not mean anything. Mac may be good.
This story is actually published by Computerworld, and was republished to the Macworld website. And whatever makes you think that Macworld won't write anything anti-mac. It gives a fair review of Apple -- crushes it when Apple does something bad, and supports it when it does something good.

And mac is good. Try using one and I'm pretty sure you'll get a mac for yourself.

Originally Posted by alsiladka
And about saying that MS bought positive reply from this hacker, man, you can really be the creative head of some advertising agency
I believe this was a MS-sponsored event. Not sure about this, but I've read this somewhere.

Originally Posted by goobimama

The mac just has less no. of games. But for the titles that are available, the mac performs equally well. The mac is not the best thing you can get for gaming, but most major game developers like EA, id software, Microsoft, Blizzard, etc. have mac versions of their games.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
nepcker said:
It gives a fair review of Apple -- crushes it when Apple does something bad, and supports it when it does something good.
unlike members here who even at times dont accept the fact that apple can do some thing wrong
nepcker said:
And mac is good.
not the best and thats what most of us here have a problem with when u claim it to be the best
nepcker said:
I believe this was a MS-sponsored event. Not sure about this, but I've read this somewhere.
quite expected from u ... how about me saying that 90% of windows exploits are courtesy apple ... "Not sure about this, but I've read this somewhere."

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
Here are the CanSecWest (the mac hack event organizer) sponsors:
Juniper Networks
Microsoft
Google
Core Security
VMWare
Qualys
Wurldtech
Insecure.org
Mail Channels
No Starch Press

Go to *cansecwest.com/ and look for yourself. I guess all those companies have it in for Apple too?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
alsiladka said:
I dont remember seeing windows fan behave like this.
In that case, you either have a really (and I mean really) short term memory or you walk around with a blindfold around your eyes and plugs into your ears.

i_am_crack

HAF 922 Owner
Well Actually Its like you like your Pop more or your mom more...Or your GF.Ok I almost forgot your Computer more....

Man it goes like this....MS approached each and every corner of the world and gave out all they got right from schools raedhed upto corporate...

But the open source is like rebels came out from started flawing stuffs saying i am better in this and i am betterin that...well actually all has flaws..

Believe me I am sys admin for an mnc (8 years of exp)...I have worked in all the OS of MS and a lot on Unix , Linux (Red Hat, Suse, Ubuntu) also waiting for Gubunto)

Its all Liking tahtz it...

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
hey i_am_crack,
You haven't used mac. It has the power of UNIX yet is the most easy-to-use. Try it!

i_am_crack

HAF 922 Owner
Basically I like that bubbly thing that pops out....I only pull back is that of price...btw i like that iphone....for sure

eddie

El mooooo
mAV3 said:
so if that is the sentiment shared by majority open source users then why bad mouth and bash microsoft and its products ...what ur requirements are fulfiled best by linux what our requirements are fulfilled best by windows ... so we should be both happy about the fact that we have suppliers in the market that cater to both our needs
People bad mouth Microsoft...because Microsoft itself is not happy about having other suppliers in the market catering to people's needs. Microsoft uses ugly and evil tricks to bring down competition and does everything it can do to destroy anything that is even remotely competitive for them. Remember Steve Ballmer's famous words..."I'm going to f***ing kill Google" and now this sponsored anti-mac event? This is not the first or the last time for Microsoft to behave like this!!! This is the attitude which brings people against them...hence their general bashing. None of the alternative OS users or developers have anything against Microsoft and its OS until and unless MS leaves them alone. If MS cannot do it...what makes you think Open Source/Alternative OS users should be all civilzed and sh!t?

praka123

left this forum longback
FOSS movement is gaining recognitions.M$ will kill its competitors using any available options.this is a big problem for Linux.earliest one being M$ using SCO to sue Linux users!hence the term FUD pops up.second is they will "collaborate" with enemies and eventually kills them.the eg is Novell SUse!
As a Linux user I know how bad i felt when the times when this devil's own company(M$) tries the patent warfare and FUDing with its get the facts campaign.I humbly asks this windows fans to think this way-do u want a monrach rules U or do u want a democracy?just equate monarch with M$ and democracy with FOSS

Now u can get the real facts if u stop thinking as a windows user.I know that most of the M$ users whether they got pirated os or not are just addicted to the ways M$ teaches them.why should we rest with M$ ur choices?Closed source softwares!god knows what else they can have inside.even i heard M$ installs some scripts etc which will send ur details,habbits etc to M$ resource centre without ur permission

We,the Users must have the choices,Unlike what M$ is trying to teaching U M$ users.Now they got DRM installed on ur VIsta os.U know what DRM is,I know most winvdos users dont care.but this dontcare attitude let u have much more problems coming in future.
As the Biggest and monopolistic OS company,M$ can effectively reduce the prolferation of DRM ,both through their OS and by electronic apps and by their influence.but they didnt do anything.this means they are supporting this venom installed on our own computers without our permissions,haan!,U will just press devil's EULA before installing Bishta OS,but any one cared to read the EULA(end user license agreement) and Linux's GPL(GNU General Public license).GPL allows U to modify the source code sell it but only thing u must retain the names of Original authors.
US laws and government are sick.they are hacked by M$'s people.
We as a whole,Europe,Asia and others needs to teach the devil a lesson.move to Linux dont hear the FUD spreaded by some MVP's and M$ addicts here in this forum.open ur minds.Linux is already back in 2001 itself ready for Desktop usage.learn to unlearn what M$ taught U.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
eddie said:
People bad mouth Microsoft...because Microsoft itself is not happy about having other suppliers in the market catering to people's needs. Microsoft uses ugly and evil tricks to bring down competition and does everything it can do to destroy anything that is even remotely competitive for them. Remember Steve Ballmer's famous words..."I'm going to f***ing kill Google" and now this sponsored anti-mac event? This is not the first or the last time for Microsoft to behave like this!!! This is the attitude which brings people against them...hence their general bashing. None of the alternative OS users or developers have anything against Microsoft and its OS until and unless MS leaves them alone. If MS cannot do it...what makes you think Open Source/Alternative OS users should be all civilzed and sh!t?

well thats business dude ... u cant expect MS to just sit with hands down while some 1 else comes along eating into their business and u are worried that MS has the ability to kill open source ... well if u so strongly believe that linux is better than windows then the ppl will decide which OS to opt for .... and till now ppl prefer clicking icons to typing un-necessary long codes

and y shudnt ms file a case against a company if its legit ... remmber google filing a stpid case against ms for having set msn live as the default search engine in ie 7 .... law suites every 1 files them in the corporate world google for for it and u will find that every company however small or large is ready to file a lawsuite against comapny like ms or apple so why shud ms keep quite wen it can also file a law suite ... i wonder wudnt linux file a law suite if had the oppurtunity against ms ...

and as far as drm is concerned ... bill gates too is no big fan of drm and doesnt actually support it ... but then again we got the organisatins like eu who are waiting to halt ms in every thing they do for the smallest reasons ... so if u hold a grudge against ms for filing law suits against open source and for coming out with competitons and softwares which show and prove the fact tht even MS' competitors are as vulnerable as windows then keep on ccrying dude ... and remmbr

winners make the rules ... losers play by them

praka123

left this forum longback
^^what about a company trying to kill all its competitors?Do U know the essence of Software Freedom before blindly supporting M$ ?
Isnt United States too Democratic?then also How can this company(M$) kills alternate OS when governement and other Public support services just watches?
The Answer is :M$ is a monopoly which will Buy anything,even US governments agencies.
Using ALternate OS are better option.not necessarily Linux.I can post links to 100's of OS's which got Nicer GUI and No viruses.grow up!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dude killing an os ... this is ur worst fear that ms will "kill" open source ... i wonder how 1 can do that ... may be if bill gates walks upto linus travolds and shoots him then linux will be dead ...

could u explain to me how does 1 kill an os ... which acc to u is so wide spread so better and has scond largest presence after windows ... i just fail to understand how can some 1 kill an os ... if thts wat made u a ms hater then u r true FUD every letter of the word

cant believe some 1 actually feels that linux can be killed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom