Contest winner: Vista more secure than Mac OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
mAV3 said:
well thats business dude ... u cant expect MS to just sit with hands down while some 1 else comes along eating into their business and u are worried that MS has the ability to kill open source ... well if u so strongly believe that linux is better than windows then the ppl will decide which OS to opt for .... and till now ppl prefer clicking icons to typing un-necessary long codes
Read what you wrote and notice the paradox of your thoughts. You are making sense only to your self I guess. First you say that MS needs to fight the competition that is gnawing into their market share...then you preach to us that people will choose what ever is better...and then you tell us that Microsoft's OS is way ahead of alternative OS. If you believe in everything that you just wrote then according to you Microsoft has nothing to worry about. Alternative OS are just bullcr@p ... then why is Microsoft doing all the stupid things? Seriously dude...get your thoughts clear. At least then you will make some sense.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
damn, i missed all the fun in here :D

el mooooooooooo

in the current state of Desktop Linux, MS really doesn't have anything to worry about. It is the server & profesional space which matters.

Is MS doing anything wrong by pointing out the flaws in other OS, isn't that what other companies &are doing by Mac ads & sites like badvista.org? This is bussiness, ethicks are bullshit ok...no company follows them now & you cannot expect MS not to do anything to prevent the extra FUD the users of other OS spread for them.

Here is the thing, MS has a product whcih provides maximum number of features, maximum support with 3rd party software & hardware while other OS out there are either tied to there own hardware or not upto consumar lavel mark. Linux doesn't have command line everywhere but yeah....it also doesn't have a good package compiler. The users make a choice & be happy with it. Even MacOS X isn't a bad OS but the moment the users start spreading FUD & sing the old tune of MS monopoly , it starts to stick. You like a product ok fine....now stop imposing it on the others plz.

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
gx_saurav said:
Is MS doing anything wrong by pointing out the flaws in other OS
If Microsoft is not doing anything wrong then why criticise open source supporters when they do the same to Microsoft? If it is right for Microsoft then it is right for OSS supporters as well. The traffic goes both ways...
You like a product ok fine....now stop imposing it on the others plz.
No one is imposing anything on anyone. Open Source supporters just bring faults in Microsoft's software and their attitude to every one's kind notice. This game of mud-slinging and evil acts was started by Microsoft...is it hurting for MS supporters now?

T

thunderbird.117

So much for Vista so secured. Lool at MS and the fanboys and also MVPs.

Here is the link :- *www.pcworld.com/article/id,131363-c,vistalonghorn/article.html

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
No one is imposing anything on anyone. Open Source supporters just bring faults in Microsoft's software and their attitude to every one's kind notice. This game of mud-slinging and evil acts was started by Microsoft...is it hurting for MS supporters now?
It is not wrong to point out flaws in other OS, but the way to point out flaw is wrong here. I am giving example of badvista.org, such an utter bullshit

1) Vista is full of DRM - Well, they forgot to mention it is RIAA & MPAA which forced Windows to come with inbuilt DRM not MS.

So much for Vista so secured. Lool at MS and the fanboys and also MVPs.
Being an MVP doesn't means advertising Windows. It's about using the Windows technologies & features in a good way & telling others to do things if they are having problems in doing something. It also means bashing MS for there flaws & telling them alongwith feedback on what to fix & how.
...and goats have started laying golden eggs..
What, when...where? Tell me fast I am packing my bags :D

Here is the link :- *www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...n/article.html
This is my reply to this, did u read the thread ?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
eddie said:
If Microsoft is not doing anything wrong then why criticise open source supporters when they do the same to Microsoft? If it is right for Microsoft then it is right for OSS supporters as well. The traffic goes both ways... No one is imposing anything on anyone. Open Source supporters just bring faults in Microsoft's software and their attitude to every one's kind notice. This game of mud-slinging and evil acts was started by Microsoft...is it hurting for MS supporters now?
unfortunately its the open source community who starts mud slinging on ms unbiased go thru the thread ul see who starts most of the bad mouthing ... and not to forget its open source which gate crashes into conferences held by gates ... and yeah MS doesnt have to fear ... its just going for the kill like the aussies did in the WC ... they didnt fear and therefore attack ... but they knew others dont stand a chance and hence their stratergy seemd to others as attacking and ther was no contradiction what so ever in any of my statements ...

on the other hand u r making no sense ...

ms has to fight competiton its business
consumers will choose what they want
ms os has more market share than any other ... so wheres the paradox :confused: ... any1

freebird

Debian Rocks!
what is there in Windows Vista that u want to stick to?DRM?Viruses?security exploits?Bill Gates?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
it has almost everything other than wht u mentioned ... drm well iv not faced any issue, viruses ... none till now, security exploits ... none till now and i guess i know how to make sure none occur ... its pretty easy actually learn how to use a windows box, bill gates ... he is a genius

T

thunderbird.117

freebird said:
what is there in Windows Vista that u want to stick to?DRM?Viruses?security exploits?Bill Gates?
One word :- Games:D

eddie

El mooooo
gx_saurav said:
It is not wrong to point out flaws in other OS, but the way to point out flaw is wrong here. I am giving example of badvista.org, such an utter bullshit
...and I am sure SCO's Unix patent suite...total cost of ownership survey...Halloween documents were all the right ways to go? Please...we don't really need to hear the definition of "right and wrong" from Microsoft or their supporters.
mAV3 said:
unfortunately its the open source community who starts mud slinging on ms unbiased go thru the thread ul see who starts most of the bad mouthing ... and not to forget its open source which gate crashes into conferences held by gates ...
Please read the History of Microsoft and their deeds against Open Source software. Don't just come in here and make ignorant comments. It just makes you look...well how to put it nicely..."not smart".
and yeah MS doesnt have to fear ... its just going for the kill like the aussies did in the WC ... they didnt fear and therefore attack ... but they knew others dont stand a chance and hence their stratergy seemd to others as attacking and ther was no contradiction what so ever in any of my statements ...
Very mature!!! Comparing IT companies to Cricket! Anyways, replying in the language you understand...have you heard Aussies plotting against Cricket board of India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan or any other country? Aussies believe in their own hard work and professionalism. They don't go out to sabotage their rivals' training camps or their practice sessions. For future reference...please keep the discussion mature.
on the other hand u r making no sense ...
Yes...it is known as logical reasoning. Difficult for a few people to understand.

praka123

left this forum longback
^IN that case the only Cricket team for World CUp is Microsoft of USA:D
I mean if in cricket...all other superior teams will be brought by M$ then.AUssie players will be playing for M$.
^^^But one problem no other team to Play with them,bcoz they already killed all other world cup teams with money,god knows what other ways!
Thank You for ur cricket comparison @mav3

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
eddie said:
Please read the History of Microsoft and their deeds against Open Source software. Don't just come in here and make ignorant comments.
iv answered that in a simple statemetn ... business
eddie said:
Comparing IT companies to Cricket! Anyways, replying in the language you understand...have you heard Aussies plotting against Cricket board of India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan or any other country? Aussies believe in their own hard work and professionalism. They don't go out to sabotage their rivals' training camps or their practice sessions.
a sarcastic punn which u failed to understand ... however if u r talking about sabotaging ... i dont think any 1 believe if u say that open source has never tried to sabotage MS's image ...
eddie said:
Difficult for a few people to understand.
still havnt proved any paradox

praka123 said:
Thank You for ur cricket comparison @mav3
afterall we are members of the same forum ... and some fun.... err..... punn is required :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
continuing on aussie hadwork ... MS toh aise hi baitha tha ... vista office 2k7 apne aap hi bangaya ....

thunderbird.117 said:
They always are. :D
yeah right

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
How the hell MS made all this money? Did they started with a 10 billion capital? Well as far as I know, they made a product easier to use while Linux was in command line & Mac was Apple hardware centric. (Windows 95)

There product which was better then all the products at that time was the reason they got so rich. Cos people had no choice then, who would prefer a New computer (Apple) or a commad line only OS (linux in 1995) over a GUI based OS which runs on cheap Intel box?

Today, there are so many users who do there work on WIndows (home users here). They find MS product with 3rd party app support suiting there needs. It is doing everything for them on there old PC. So, how the hell is MS making so much money when Linux is eating away there market share (rumar).

MS is killing competition by making office 2007 which makes it easier to work because of which people are buying it, right? Wow, they shouldn't be allowed to make a good product then.

MS is killing competition by making Vista which runs on year 2002 era computer just fine (with more RAM), which does the job fine & makes it easier for the users to there work.

P.S. Why the hell every thread with name of Microsoft has tio be hijacked by other OS users. This is technology news section & the thread should have locked at page 1. Mehul...where r u

& why the hell m i still awake :D, good night.

eddie

El mooooo
mAV3 said:
iv answered that in a simple statemetn ... business
Then the same is true for Open Source as well. Proving Microsoft's wrong doing is a business for OSS and clearly...Microsoft started it first. So don't say OSS supporters did this and did that.
a sarcastic punn which u failed to understand ... however if u r talking about sabotaging ... i dont think any 1 believe if u say that open source has never tried to sabotage MS's image
Don't just talk random stuff...show proofs or at least mention some things so that we can google ourselves. If you can't post proofs...then read the "not smart" comment again.

gx_saurav said:
So, how the hell is MS making so much money when Linux is eating away there market share (rumar)
So now you are agreeing that Linux is not a competition to Microsoft? So are you saying Microsoft does these kind of evil things just randomly?
P.S. Why the hell every thread with name of Microsoft has tio be hijacked by other OS users. This is technology news section & the thread should have locked at page 1. Mehul...where r u
Good move...as soon as you are started to get owned...call mods. BTW there is a report button. Did you press that?

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
gx_saurav said:
How the hell MS made all this money? Did they started with a 10 billion capital? Well as far as I know, they made a product easier to use while Linux was in command line & Mac was Apple hardware centric. (Windows 95)
simple it was apple's hardwork to come up with a monopolistic computer and linux ppl's hardwork which did not enable them to come up with a GUI .... sorry gx ... i forgot bill gates at tht time also filed law suits against the open source he at tht time also sponsored competitions where ppl wud hack the mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom