CONTEST ALERT - Synology-Digit NAS Review Contest - Win NAS units and HDDs

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Well guys, it seems my device isnt powering on. Its been 10 mins but the blue LED is still flashing. Synology website says it might be a motherboard failure. Rip.. Better check your devices first guys

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Well guys, it seems my device isnt powering on. Its been 10 mins but the blue LED is still flashing. Synology website says it might be a motherboard failure. Rip.. Better check your devices first guys
Did you complete DSM installation? It will keep flashing till DSM installation is complete.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
No, I just powered it on ? Does DSM installation automatically start on first run ? I can't access the web interface, nor does it detect in my router

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
No, I just powered it on ? Does DSM installation automatically start on first run ? I can't access the web interface, nor does it detect in my router
No. Visit find.synology.com on any computer on the local network. You will get an option to install DSM from there. It installed very quickly for me and it is running fine after that.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
No, seems like my unit is doa, unit is completely non responsive, even with no hdd inserted. Just the blue light blinking

@Anorion any possibility of repair or warranty claim ?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Why do the admins keep evading the question on hard disks? It's been over 10 days since the result was announced and we still don't have so much as a clue as to when we can expect to receive the hard disk, if at all.

I understand there are availability issues and prices have gone up, etc. But what's the harm in letting the participants know what's being planned?

Aestivial

Broken In
Why do the admins keep evading the question on hard disks? It's been over 10 days since the result was announced and we still don't have so much as a clue as to when we can expect to receive the hard disk, if at all.

I understand there are availability issues and prices have gone up, etc. But what's the harm in letting the participants know what's being planned?
XD +1
(Getting more anxious abt HDDs cause of this TBH, since the NAS are pretty pointless without HDDs in the first place). Let's hope someone clarifies our doubt soon!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

Chia made large capacity hdd as elusive as bitcoin craze made graphics card elusive so no choice, even companies link synology don't know for sure when they will receive their hdd supplies.

@Anorion maybe look into 2TB hdd as their availability is not yet affected & frankly speaking just to review NAS even 1TB hdd are more than enough.

Aestivial

Broken In
IMO, 1TB is just barely good enough; Yes to get through for review purpose sure, but since we get to use them as personal devices later, I would stick to "the more the merrier" XD

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
IMO, 1TB is just barely good enough; Yes to get through for review purpose sure, but since we get to use them as personal devices later, I would stick to "the more the merrier" XD
If it was some other time then it would have been fine but not now during Chia craze.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I dont think its bricked because of improper power adapter. If it was, it wouldnt display the blinking blue led as well. But to answer your question, I was using a regular 3 pin computer cable.

Top Bottom