Console OR Rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayuboy

Journeyman
RROD is caused due to overheating of GPU which causes it co come lose... Always keep it in a well ventilated place and do not game for 10 hours in a stretch cause it causes too much heat...Do you game in PC for 10 hours in stretch and not experience Heating?
PS3 also has Hardware overheating issues if you don't keep it in Well ventilated area....
Make SURE always keep it in WELL VENTILATED AREA... like on a desk which makes sure that side vents are not obstructed..
My PS3 and Xbox 360-Pro 60Gig both never had overheating issues 'cuz i always keep them in WELL VENTILATED area.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Well if you mod you still get RROD, but there are few fixs for RRODs like clamp and stuff....but never try the towel fix It's absurd you will damage the console even more...
Posted again:
Well if you mod you still get RROD, but there are few fixs for RRODs like clamp and stuff....but never try the towel fix It's absurd you will damage the console even more...
When you open the faceplate there is a Sicker which gets removed when yu open the console further...removing the sticker Voids the warranty as they get to know that you opened the console.....There are a few Cooling options also available but i recommend you not to go for it.....unless you are damn sure that it will cool.....

Gaming for less than 8 hours never is a problem...and remember take 5 minutes rest for yur eyes after an hour of gaming.....IF you wanna MOD your Xbox - then Core is fine...

Good luck
Posted again:
When you open the faceplate there is a Sicker which gets removed when yu open the console further...removing the sticker Voids the warranty as they get to know that you opened the console.....There are a few Cooling options also available but i recommend you not to go for it.....unless you are damn sure that it will cool.....

Gaming for less than 8 hours never is a problem...and remember take 5 minutes rest for yur eyes after an hour of gaming.....IF you wanna MOD your Xbox - then Core is fine...

Good luck
Posted again:

Good luck

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
xbox 360 has better graphics and is more future proof when compared to PC graphics cards unless you buy something like GTX285 of HD4870X2

Lol no it doesnt...Console games appear to look good because they dont have any of the minor details you have on PC...You dont have things like AA on x360...Name one game on X360 that looks as good as crysis..Assassins creed, GTA4, lost planet, bio-shock, all of them are reported to have better gfx than PC...A simple 4870 at 12.8k and the samsung monitor at another 12k and a dual core is all you need to beat X360

choudang

Padawan
lol... i used to play frm 11 am to 3-4 am .... lunch/dinner and other staffs= 3 hrs

anyway, console is the better option rather than having a gaming rig as technology changes very fast for pcs

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^afaik, RROD problems are fixed. And I also think that 360's mod firmwares are widely available. And of course, modding will void warranty!!

amitash

Intel OCer
anyway, console is the better option rather than having a gaming rig as technology changes very fast for pcs

Thats the best part of PC gaming...It gets better and better...Another year from now, PC gfx will be totally radical compared to consoles...Its already much better.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^see. games for consoles are optimized to get the most out of the hardware, which is not the case with PC. 8800GT was king last year and it has become mid range card this year. next year, it will struggle to play next year's games at similar settings with which it ran games when it first came out.

But that is not the case with console. look at PS2 for example. It still rocks. Show me one GPU that is released 4-5 years ago with such a long life. That is the best part about consoles. You buy it once and you will be happy and free from upgrade headaches for 4-5 years. Then get the next release of the console.

with 20k at hand, I firmly believe that console is the way to go as with that price, there is a really big need to upgrade again next year or the year after.
Posted again:
here are the advanteages that I think consoles have:

1) Costs less when compared to pc hardware that could game at maxed out settings for years.
2) works right out of the box. no os installation, no patches, no fear of driver incompatibilities
3) Xbox live and playstation network. Irresistible!!
4) The exclusive games for consoles are rocking!
5) Game developers now targeting consoles as primary development platform.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
BTW, newer Japser chipset based 360's are less prone to RRoD and yes, chance of getting RRoD is more if you use modded firmware.

Jasper boards can be identified by their power rating, as they use 12.1 amps on the 12 volt line. Falcon boards used 14.2 amps and original Xenon and Zephyr boards used 16.5 amps. The amp rating can be found on the label on the back of the console and is a good way to identify a Jasper before you buy it. The ".1A" from "12.1A" may be visible through the packaging cutout on a new console without opening the box, identifying if the console is indeed a Jasper or not.

amitash

Intel OCer
^^see. games for consoles are optimized to get the most out of the hardware, which is not the case with PC. 8800GT was king last year and it has become mid range card this year. next year, it will struggle to play next year's games at similar settings with which it ran games when it first came out.

But that is not the case with console. look at PS2 for example. It still rocks. Show me one GPU that is released 4-5 years ago with such a long life. That is the best part about consoles. You buy it once and you will be happy and free from upgrade headaches for 4-5 years. Then get the next release of the console.

The only reason why you dont have upgrade headaches is because you cant...Console gfx are stagnant, ie they can never improve past the current hardware, unless a new console comes out...Not so in the case of PC...Of course for 20k i agree console will be the best choice.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^wrong mate. YOu need not upgrade it as you upgrade PC hardware. And as I said, since game developers optimize the code for each console, it does make lot of difference and if you have 80k-1L, yes, as I said earlier, getting PC is better.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) wireless controllers
2) HDMI cable
3) inbuilt HDD 60Gb or 120Gb for elite
4) gaming headset
5) backward compatibility with xbox games.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
thanks mate ,

But u think u really need HDD ??

the Core system for 12K is really worth ???

Will be RROD probs comes in the new system ???

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I think having HDD is worth. You will be able to save lot more games. core console will only have a 256MB memory. Not just saving games, you can watch videos and photos.

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
I think having HDD is worth. You will be able to save lot more games. core console will only have a 256MB memory. Not just saving games, you can watch videos and photos.
+1
i got a core 360 last year.. with a 64 mb memory for saving game progress..
but only two games eated up all the memory,, so i got a new HDD soon.!!
btw ive heard of an offer that if u buy a year subscription of Xbox-live M$ gives u a free 20GB hdd with it!!!
Posted again:
thanks mate ,

Will be RROD probs comes in the new system ???
well,, they wont come if u give nice ventilation to the system and keep it away from dust,,
If have an air conditioner,, it will be an added advantage,, if not then use a table fan for
sweeping away the heat from the back of ur console!

even if the RROD problem comes,, u have a big 3 year warranty,,, they replace ur console within 2 days with home delivery![:D]
Posted again:
Ok , but now i modd the x box means then i get the RROD problem , i mean the red light issue will resolve
NO it is not like if u modd ur console,, u will definitely get RROD,, if u keep the console in nice condition,,, there will be no problem! One of my friend is using his modded console from the last 3 years!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom