Connecting TV to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
Hello friends.

I have Amd 64 3000+ with MSI RS480 mobo. I want to connect TV to my PC. There is a TV out port present in the mobo. The TV is LG 29inch one with
S-Video option.

*img245.echo.cx/img245/599/tvout9zt.jpg

I dont know which cable shud be used and what modification is to be made in order to connect the TV.

Pls help me

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Put in a vga card with tv out. thats the best solution rather than making connections on your mobo.
EDIT: Sorry did not see the video out port use a AV lead and connect it to video in of the TV.

OP
N

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
club_pranay said:
MSI website said:
- 1 x S-Video port
- 1 x Composite TV-Out
i think just connect the tv out from the mobo to your TV's AV in video port using a well shielded cable.

Can you tell me what is use of S-Video port in the PC.

Secondly where shud i connect the cable- in the S-Video port of the TV or in the normal Video port present in the front side of the TV

Can i connect it using both S-Video Port noth ib PC & TV if possible

Help!

krishnathelord

In the zone
Hello friends.

I have Amd 64 3000+ with MSI RS480 mobo. I want to connect TV to my PC. There is a TV out port present in the mobo. The TV is LG 29inch one with
S-Video option. I dont know which cable shud be used and what modification is to be made in order to connect the TV.

Pls help me

use ordinary aV Cord to connect 1 x Composite TV-Out to Ur Comp 8) :lol: . .

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Get an S-Video cable which has the same connector on both ends. Plug one end to your computer, and the other one to your TV. Your TV should have an S-Video port on the front panel. Or else, the back panel will have it. I don't think it will make much difference where you connect it.

imcool

Broken In
I see an s-video out on the card's pic, so just coonnect it to the tv and configure using display settings alternate monitors.

OP
N

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
I have a S-Video port in my pc as well as my TV.

But i will like to know which will better opton for connection

1. S-Video(PC) to S-Video(TV)
2. Composite TV Port (PC) to S-Video (TV)
3. Composite TV Port (PC) to Audio/Video Port (TV)- one we used for VCD Player

4. S-Video (PC) to Audio/Video Port (TV)

Before suggesting please see that the cable require for the connection is easy available in market

OP
N

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
i have connected my tv with the pc through S-video port (pc) and video port (TV)

But in display properties in the TV option it is showing " Not Connected"

Pls help me

suresh_mask

Right off the assembly line
I had a similar problem.... I had to connect a AV out from the Riva TNT card that I had to the video IN of the TV..... I ended up getting a picture but it was too shaky and also kept vertically scrolling on screen... I abandoned the attempt.... Any hope for me ?

Bye,
Suresh

OP
N

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
krishnathelord said:
i have connected my tv with the pc through S-video port (pc) and video port (TV) ?

are u using converter

No , i am not using any convertor. I just used a single cable that connects S-video port (PC) at one end and Video in( PC) at another end. But pls note it does not have any Audio- In Jack (For TV). I borrowed the cable from my friend which get it bundled with FX5200 Gfx Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom