Connecting Monitor to cpu and tv tuner

venky821

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

I have one pc (cpu and monitor). now i want to connect an external tv tuner to this monitor. so that if i want to watch tv just i will switch on tv tuner and if i want to work with computer switch on cpu.

so how i can connect these things, what external devices required. Please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance.

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
You need to check type and numbers input(s) your monitor and outup your tv tuner supports. Write model and make of your tv tuner and monitor for better idea.

clmlbx

Technomancer
First do you Have Tv-tuner..If yes then Which, Pls update make and model no of Tv -tuner. If not and you wish to buy then their are many available between 1-1.5K.. with Vga ports in it.. just connect monitor and you are on.

OP
V

venky821

Right off the assembly line
First do you Have Tv-tuner..If yes then Which, Pls update make and model no of Tv -tuner. If not and you wish to buy then their are many available between 1-1.5K.. with Vga ports in it.. just connect monitor and you are on.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for replied me.

I have front tech tv tuner. i am unable to find it's model number. so posting here it's features and specifications

Features

Upto 1920x1200 High defination resolution.
Fully compatible with all LCD monitor and CRT with low resolution.
TV tuner with frequency phase lock (PLL) to offer stable reception;
Channel number ordering function allows you to change the sequence of channels as you prefer
Support 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 PS aspect ratio
Best Image Quality with 24 bit color
3D image noise reduction
Moveable PIP function for TV window in PC desktop.
Multi Channel preview up to 16 Channels
Still-picture function
Calendar/ calculator/ game functions & auto power on/off by alarm within 24 hours
Video input can be used to connect external equipments such as DVD
Full-functional IR remote control
Compact Size and low power consumption, energy saving System requirements
No specific PC system required.
Monitors(LCD,CRT,PLASMA,PROJECTOR)with VGA Input
Video Input device(Cable/Antenna,VCR,DVD,LD player etc.)

Specifications

Power input: DC 5V/1000mA
Input Signal: RF input: 47-870MHz,RGB,Composite Video
Audio: PC and R-L in.
Video Format: 1Vp-p (PAL/ NTSC)
Panel Controls: Channel +,-,Volume +,-, Menu, Power, AV/TV.
Resolution(optional): 800*600/1024*768/ 1280*1024/ 1440*900/1680*1050/ 1290*1080/ 1920*1200
RF output:Horizontal frequency: 37KHz-75KHz
Vertical frequency: 60Hz (refresh rate)
Timer ON/OFF function.

and monitor is 23 inch Acer. which is having usb, hdmi, lan cable, speakers jack ports.

Top Bottom