Connecting 3 pin case fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi, I have recently purchased below Case fans:
Cooler Master Silent FAN 120 SI2 (4 in 1) Cooler | Cooler | Flipkart.com

Iam using a NZXT Gamma with Asus P5G41T-MLX. The case fans that came in 4 in 1 pack has only 3 pin.The Mobo has only one 3 pin connector.How do i connect rest of the fans?.Please suggest urgently as iam assembling my new pc right now.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
either buy a fan controller or get some 3 pin to 4 pin molex fan connectors - each one should cost you rs. 25-50.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
I think molex to 3 pin converter should be easily available and will do the job just fine. Only downside would be that you can't control your fan's speed but I like mine running at Max speed anyway :-D

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
either buy a fan controller or get some 3 pin to 4 pin molex fan connectors - each one should cost you rs. 25-50.

I found the same info in net also. But the fan controller costs between 650 to 1600 rs.(please let me know of anything available online with VFM). I searched online for Molex connectors online and found one on eBay which is imported from US and would cost around 1500 rs. That's for just 1 piece and I need atleast 3.
Do you know of any online sites where it is available on a reasonable price?

You can build yourself a 3-pin o 4-pin molex converter, all you'll need is some old molex pins which you find from old power supplies or even ask your local computer store for some (they have dozens of them laying around), and some 3-pin female connectors which you can find at any electronics store.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
You can build yourself a 3-pin o 4-pin molex converter, all you'll need is some old molex pins which you find from old power supplies or even ask your local computer store for some (they have dozens of them laying around), and some 3-pin female connectors which you can find at any electronics store.

Will check tomorrow. But what about a fan controller? Know where I can get any good ones?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Get 3 pin to molex converter. Each one will cost you ~10-25/-

This sounds very good but as i said earlier, these are available online on huge price difference.I need to check locally.Won't happen today being sunday.But if you know where i can get this online on the price range mentioned by you please let me know as iam not too sure whether these will be available locally here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This sounds very good but as i said earlier, these are available online on huge price difference.I need to check locally.Won't happen today being sunday.But if you know where i can get this online on the price range mentioned by you please let me know as iam not too sure whether these will be available locally here.

finding such cheap thing onine is really difficult and if you can't find those even at local stores then this is the best solution for you :

there's one by Deepcool at theitdepot.com for Rs.1324.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I checked out my local stores today and was not able to find the connector. So I bought Molex connector with floppy drive connector and made a 3 pin connector out of it.
This thread can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom