Confusion with graphics!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Depends at which settings you would like to play. 5 year later, it may rock at lowest setting unlike today.

In other words, you simply can't predict like that.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Actually depends upon usage also.

If light gaming and browsing is only use then HD 6950 will be sufficient for a time till it dies on you.

If Mid-High Level gaming is requirement then NO.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think they still can play current games with lower settings. For example cards like GTX 260 or GTX 285 can still play all the current games with good details enabled. Obviously for demanding games, you've to lower the details for fluent game play.
So going with HD 6950 2 GB version is a wise decesion. Most of the current games don't use more than 1 GB Video memory at 1920X1080 or Full HD resolution. But it is noticed that Battlefield 3, the upcoming title is using more than 1GB VRam. So 2GB version is futureproof and I think you can go with for 2 Years without any issues and even after then you can play all the games with lowered details.

OP
Siddharth_1

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
I have no problems running the games on the lowest graphic settings. So, at least it can last 4 yrs, which would be fine for me.

Thanks guys for help.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get the HD 6950 2 GB MSI Twin Frozr III/OC version @ 15.6K. Local price may be little lower.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i will suggest this -
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!SAPPHIRE 100312-3SR Radeon HD 6950 Dirt3 Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

the cooler is as effective as msi one -
(Power, Heat, And Noise : The Radeon HD 6950 Sweet Spot: Five 1 GB Cards Rounded-Up)
*img713.imageshack.us/img713/4015/image029t.png

and is quieter. (personal experience)
*img638.imageshack.us/img638/5639/image030f.png

moreover it has added advantage of dual bios switch and free dirt 3 game
Sapphire Technology Web Site

Top Bottom