confused in canon and nikon

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Check ebay it there for Rs 26.5 from a reputed seller.If you have a coupon then you can get an off of 7% on that. Recharge a Vodafone number and you will have that coupon.

Here you go.....*www.ebay.in/itm/NIKON-D5100-DSLR-C...ras&hash=item19d582953e&_uhb=1#ht_3664wt_1552

sujoyp

Grand Master
what are u guys saying D5100+18-55 for 25k :D then nikon also could give combo lens 55-200 at 37k

OP
jaimin100

jaimin100

Journeyman
Check ebay it there for Rs 26.5 from a reputed seller.If you have a coupon then you can get an off of 7% on that. Recharge a Vodafone number and you will have that coupon.

Here you go.....NIKON D5100 DSLR CAMERA WITHOUT LENS 2YEAR NIKON INDIA WARRANTY BRAND NEW SEA | eBay

its only body bro same price @flipkart also

what are u guys saying D5100+18-55 for 25k :D then nikon also could give combo lens 55-200 at 37k

ya 25k me kon dega :D even i got @29K with local shop then it's worth it.

digik

Journeyman
600D+18-55+55-250 = 35k

D5100+18-55+55-200 will cost 40k

I had similar query as @jaimin100, so I went through the thread. You have suggested DSLRs from Nikon.

What is your opinion about CANON 1100D+with Double Lens Kit (EF-S 18-55mm IS II + EF-S 55-250mm IS II)? It is cheaper. Further, what I know Canon camera take very good low light photographs. Further, its capture speed is very good for moving objects like kids. Also, the LCD panel can be easily viewed at outdoors.

I am using Nikon Coolpix L1 for about 8 years. Moving kids are impossible to photograph. At outdoors the objects are barely visible on the LCD screen. Further, so far my knowledge is considered, Nikon focuses on professionals and so entry level persons does not have good treat.

I am also after an entry level DSLR. But, my prior experience with Nikon .... I am quite confused whether the Nikon models mentioned by you are free from the trouble faced with my point and shoot Nikon.

I seek your advice to remove my confusion.:)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hi digik ...in entry level segment I would always say that Nikon D3100 is better then canon 1100D ...I am using it for last 3 years...and I have no problem...Nikon D3100 have definitely better low light capability then 1100D,
capture speed- both can capture flying bird
LCD panel - when using a dslr we see everything through viewfinder, lcd panel is just to view settings and preview shots..soo dosnt matter much.

Nowdays canon nikon have almost same dslrs on same price brackets...its not true that canon is for entry level and nikon for professionals.

Both canon and nikon are equally good. just that the canon entry level offer of 1100D+twin lens combo and 600D +twin lens combo are better then nikon.

if you dont need zoom lens dont invest in that unnecesarily ...

after getting a dslr just learn how to shoot moving kids at high shutter speeds and u are done :) an 18-55 lens will be good enough for that

nac

Aspiring Novelist
What is your opinion about CANON 1100D+with Double Lens Kit (EF-S 18-55mm IS II + EF-S 55-250mm IS II)? It is cheaper. Further, what I know Canon camera take very good low light photographs. Further, its capture speed is very good for moving objects like kids. Also, the LCD panel can be easily viewed at outdoors.
Price deal for 1100D is good. Not just Canon, with any DSLR you can make good low light images. Yes, DSLRs are fast. It doesn't mean compacts can't do that. If there is plenty of light you can do that with your L1. Yes, with DSLR it's little more convenient with OVF and you can get better images with higher sensitivity. As far as I know, most of the camera's LCD is not easy to view in the bright light.
Nikon focuses on professionals and so entry level persons does not have good treat.
Both the manufacturers do cater professional as well as amateur.
I am also after an entry level DSLR. But, my prior experience with Nikon .... I am quite confused whether the Nikon models mentioned by you are free from the trouble faced with my point and shoot Nikon.
Canon is as good as /as bad as Nikon. :) It's just matter of priority. What you like/don't like in a particular model you are looking?

Dear all,

Posting my requirement of DSLR camera as per format for your kind advice.:smile:

What's your budget? 25-35k

Camera type?
DSLR or Point and Shoot
DSLR

Body Style?
Compact or Bridge (bulky)
Compact, if such thing is available for DSLR.

How much zoom do you want/expect? Maximum

Do you care for manual exposure controls? Yes

What will you be shooting with this camera?

Will you be shooting mostly indoors/
low light and/or action/sports?Video?
Outdoor, Indoor, Low light, Kids, Video- a small amount

Do you have any particular model(s)
in your mind?
D3100, Canon 1100D with two lens combo.

Any brand preference? Like/dislike Dislike Nikon due to my bad experience with Coolpix L1

From where will you be buying? Local Store
Online/Local store

Any other features you need?
Viewfinder, Image stabilization,
Continuous drive/burst mode, Wifi, External flash,
mic jack, HDMI, Remote, GPS, Articulated screen,
Weatherproof, Extra frills like Panorama,
Not Known.

Anything else you would like to tell us?

D5100 or 600D, take your pick.

digik

Journeyman
Thanks @The Incinerator @nac @sujoyp for the useful advice.

That makes a point for nikon. Further, people say nikons colour rendering is better than nikon.

I will let you know after the purchase.:)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Every manufacturers have their own algorithm to process the images in-camera. And it's subjective, one may like Canon's, other may like Nikon's.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^ Every manufacturers have their own algorithm to process the images in-camera. And it's subjective, one may like Canon's, other may like Nikon's.

That'd me. I feel the Nikons are more honest, but I prefer slightly punchy colors of the Canon :D

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you want Canon to be faithful choose the option called FAITHFUL in Picture Style...then and there you get a Nikon picture.:twisted: Kidding everyone.

OP
jaimin100

jaimin100

Journeyman
sujoy bro i missed amazon offer.

right now
local shop offer 1100D with double lens @ 31.5K and 3 canon workshop.(so ultimately i got it around 28K:D)

but m really messed up in nikon d5100(on local store @same pric 31K & flipkart 28.6K)

after this week m going on faimily tour where i will get chance to do photography of wildlife. so nikon+18-55 ok?

or i go with canon?

i used both cameras but dont find much diffrence , and after lots of search i i see that canon is not good at low lighting means in diwali night its useless??

reply fast as possible

sujoyp

Grand Master
I see that you have already missed most offers on DSLR.

wildlife with 18-55 is impossible...you need some kind of zoom lens to do wildlife..

Yup in diwali maybe high ISO will be useful..but high ISO difference between these DSLR is just 10%..daytime pic quality is almost similar.

D5100+kit lowest is 28k , 600D combo is 37k 1100D combo is 30k ...hmm all prices are up now ..

Get the 1100D combo for now...maybe you can upgrade the DSLR after 1 year

sujoyp

Grand Master
you have to sell off your 1100D for 10k and get a new DSLR :D in any case that combo deal is great

18-55 cost 6k
55-250 cost 12k
1100D will cost 12k only :D thats nice deal I would say

you can not run away from flash in low light...else use long exposure...thats keep you cam somewhere stable and then click..we all do it like that

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
sujoy bro i missed amazon offer.

right now
local shop offer 1100D with double lens @ 31.5K and 3 canon workshop.(so ultimately i got it around 28K:D)

but m really messed up in nikon d5100(on local store @same pric 31K & flipkart 28.6K)

after this week m going on faimily tour where i will get chance to do photography of wildlife. so nikon+18-55 ok?

or i go with canon?

i used both cameras but dont find much diffrence , and after lots of search i i see that canon is not good at low lighting means in diwali night its useless??

reply fast as possible

Rubbish. Not being a fanboy, but I have SEEN that its generally the opposite at this range. My 600D is definitely better than the D5100 in Low light - albeit only by a little bit. In anycase its not a make or break thingy. Check my flick feed if you still doubt it.

Wildlife photography needs longer focal lengths.

Top Bottom