confused in canon and nikon

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yes sony have implimented transluscent fixed mirror due to which its getting much faster autofocus and fps ...but in other SLR shutter module is very reliable and will take 1-1.5 lakh shutter actuations easily ....and that too cost just around 5k for replacing ....I have reached 25k shutter count after 2.5 years...soo there is nothing to worry about.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If you want, you can lock the mirror and use live view for shooting/composing. This way you can use DSLR in SLT fashion :p

OP
jaimin100

jaimin100

Journeyman
after researching decided to test nikon d5100 & canon 600d.
let's see which is good ?
which lens combo is good for both?

sujoyp

Grand Master
no its no use to buy from outside...buying from UAE means u will not get warranty ...soo you can just buy a gray market product here itself and get 2k discount more rather then getting from UAE

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
is it good to purchase from uae?
my uncle stay there and come at every 3 months.

+1 to what Sujoy said.
Warranty is important especially since its a DSLR and you will probably need to clean it before the warranty runs out.
Last checked it was 3k for a basic servicing if not covered under warranty.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
servicing is is come in warranty?

Apparently yes. Just tell them that you need a blow cleaning.

Not very long ago, I fiddled with mine and ended up botching the mirror and focus screen with dirt. Attempts to clean only made it worser. Went to them and told em flat that I saw a marking on the OVF (I really did) tried cleaning with a bud and messed it up. They advised me to not do anything more that blow clean it in the future and cleaned the camera and replaced the focus screen under warranty.

OP
jaimin100

jaimin100

Journeyman
today almost visited 5-6 shops but confused :p.
finally go Nikon d 5100+18-55 mm via flip kart,bcz there are much more difference in prices in local shop and flip kart(almost).

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
In Dubai or Saudi DSLR camera were almost the same price or was more expensive than in India...and then no warranty so its pointless to buy from the middle east

Top Bottom