Confused between AMD 1100 T BE and intel is 2500k

OP
S

singh1982

Right off the assembly line
Slightly faster than 1100T. If not, then it will get.

FX-8120/50 supports many new instruction sets and will only get faster over the time when apps start to utilize them. And also when Windows and Linux improve their scheduling to adapt with BD's architecture.

You can get 1100T but stick to the motherboard I suggested before. Get AM3+.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.

Avoid MSI motherboards for AMD CPUs. VRM issues.

Thanks guys for your inputs & efforts.

I was browsing through threads & came across "Best CPUs for money - in India" reference thread. BD is not included at all there & a friend of mine is serious in the combo of FX-8150 + GA-990FXA-UD5 ( still in the process of shortlisting a game card ).
He is a linux enthusiast with requirement of virtualization like me ( it's our job ) but also wants a good rig for gaming.

He even referenced a this URL for me.
PassMark - AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core - Price performance comparison

Could I get your feedback on this since BD comes nowhere in the list of the mentioned CPUs.

Thanks..

OP
S

singh1982

Right off the assembly line
@OP - for the kind of use you have.. u shud probably go for an Asus Sabretooth 990FX.
Rock solid stability for ur pc with that board + all features....

wassay Cilus? ure using the board how is it??

But ASUS as always is way toooooo expensive. It'll break my budget.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks guys for your inputs & efforts.

I was browsing through threads & came across "Best CPUs for money - in India" reference thread. BD is not included at all there & a friend of mine is serious in the combo of FX-8150 + GA-990FXA-UD5 ( still in the process of shortlisting a game card ).
He is a linux enthusiast with requirement of virtualization like me ( it's our job ) but also wants a good rig for gaming.

He even referenced a this URL for me.
PassMark - AMD FX-8150 Eight-Core - Price performance comparison

Could I get your feedback on this since BD comes nowhere in the list of the mentioned CPUs.

Thanks..
yup, that thread is written by me. But it is written from purely a gamer's perspective, that's why I didn't include FX-8120/50 there. (I think I'll update it now FX-8120 should get a slot for workstations)

But in your case (and may be his case), I can see VM applications being benefited by AVX, XOP and FMA4 instruction sets (supported by Bulldozer, not Phenom II) in the future. But lack of VT-d in i5-2500k is bad. i5-2500 has it, but then you can't overclock it. One doesn't really get Intel as the choice.

Now, in games FX-8120/50 were not performing consistently. Minimum FPS used to drop. Only today a patch by Microsoft was released to improve its thread scheduling in Windows 7 which improved performance in games (99% don't use more than 2 or 4 threads). Earlier 4 threads were being run on cores 0,1,2,3 and now they run on 0,2,4,6 (alternative cores) which has made performance in many games smooth. Like I said, it'd get better with time.

He can go with FX-8120/50 if he wants. FX-8120 is more worth it actually.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Yes, FX-8120 is a good choice here. Also regarding pricing, contact some Kolkata based Online shops like MDcomputers.in. Today I checked the price in Vedant infotech, Kolkata; the price is just 11K + vat.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Yes, FX-8120 is a good choice here. Also regarding pricing, contact some Kolkata based Online shops like MDcomputers.in. Today I checked the price in Vedant infotech, Kolkata; the price is just 11K + vat.

Considering the price, 8120 can be suggested n place of 2500K IMO.

Top Bottom