abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
My system config is:

AMD 3000+ 8)
1GB RAM (512MB X 2) 8)
XFX 6800GS 8)
Asus A8N-E 8)
450W PSU 8)

When I enable "very high" settings in Farcry from the advanced video option and try to start the game, the computer restarts. No problems are found when I try to play in the everything "high" setting. All resolutions are at 1024X768. The game operates flawlessly when I play in "high" settings (>60FPS). Problem starts when any one of the video setting is "very high". :roll:

Can anyone shed some light on this? Should reinstalling help??? :roll:

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
It happenes eith mee too that is that when i play counter strike source in high setteings computer restarts automaticly.....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hey Digitised,Have you installed the Far Cry V1.3 Patch?
In case you Haven't try Downloading it from here.
Just apply the patch and then try running the Game at Higher resolutions.
Also My friend happens to run it at much Higher settings Viz 1600x1200 with every detail set to max and with 6X AA and 16X AF on His ATI Radeon X800XT PE and the game in now way experiences any crash.
Btw Just one more question to you,How much did you exactly pay for the 6800GS from XFX? Is the leadtek Model available? If yes then for what Price as I Seem to have seen it advertised lower than XFX.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@allwyndlima: I have installed the patch v1.3. However will try to patch to v 1.33, which is the latest. Thanks.

I paid Rs.14100 plus 4% VAT for the GS, don't know about the Leadtek model, but this one's clocked at 485/1100, that's what Rivatuner shows.

T

TheRAVAN

My friend also suffered similar troubles with that game, he had 6800GT and the game ran smoothly with the 7800GT he bought later. it might be because of the Graphics card..
btw what resolution are you playin..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom