satsworld

Broken In
My new set up is only 3 months old.
gigabyte z68xp-ud3
i5 2500k
gskill ripjaws 1600 mhz 4gbX2
gtx 550 ti 1 gb(zotac)
corsair gs700
Where i live,power cut is a very frequent problem.And as i have an inverter of 800W so i didn't consider buying ups right with the set up. But my inverter was not able to take the load and the pc restarts after every power cuts. So i was considering buying a new ups. But now a few days earlier it just shut down abruptly(no power cut at that point) and won't start after that . when switched on and i press the start button in the front of the case,nothing happens. it shows no sign of electricity. nothing turns on... neither the psu nor the lights on the motherboard. and after about 30 hours or so... it again worked like a charm. And now I am having that problem again... so please guys help me out.. its very urgent....:-(:-(:-(

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Re: Help me out pleaseeeeee.......

first disconnect all cables. check the motherboard for jumpers. all should be correctly connected.then reconnect only the motherboard power cables. and check. if it works fine then no issues. it would be a loose connection issue. if not then borrow a friends SMPS and check.

OP
S

satsworld

Broken In

I think the problem is for psu as nothing powers up.... nothing..

Do you think it is for damage due to frequent power cuts and abrupt shutdowns??

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Hello satsworld.

The PSU you are using is perfectly ok. Your problem lies with the mode the Inverter is running.
There are two modes in every inverter:
1. W-UPS mode.
2. UPS mode.

By default the mode selector switch is being set to W-UPS mode which causes PC to restart at every power-cut. Change the mode to UPS mode to avoid your problem.

But I should also warn you about the fact that running inverter in UPS mode cause it to go in backup mode if voltage falls below 185V at anytime.

OP
S

satsworld

Broken In

Thanks d6bmg.... but how to start my pc again.. it shows no sign of life????

Hrishi

Borrow a current Tester and check for electricity flow in PSU and then motherboard.

OP
S

satsworld

Broken In

Sorry for posting after so delay........

I am damn dissappointed.....
I took the rig to supreme where i bought this...
It just started without any problems!!!!!
We tested it several times, it was fine....
They did not believe it had problems...
When I took it home it worked for the next two hours as i played games.....
The next day(yesterday) when i started playing, it again went off and no response from since...
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............
what.........the............****....is WRONG???!!!

Borrow a current Tester and check for electricity flow in PSU and then motherboard.

I did yhis too before going to supreme and found that the psu was dead....:-x:twisted:
Then how can it work again????/:twisted:

funskar

Padawan

I did yhis too before going to supreme and found that the psu was dead....:-x:twisted:
Then how can it work again????/:twisted:

Give the Psu for rma & use another psu till then
Or check your pc for 2-3 Days on another psu..

OP
S

satsworld

Broken In

Give the Psu for rma & use another psu till then
Or check your pc for 2-3 Days on another psu..

rma means???
'another psu' do i have to buy??
cause none of my freinds or the local shops have a psu of 700 watts...:-?

funskar

Padawan

rma means???
'another psu' do i have to buy??
cause none of my freinds or the local shops have a psu of 700 watts...:-?

Rma means 'Return merchandise authorization':-D .
You don't have to buy the psu Bro..
Just give the psu for rma to service centre.
They will change it or repair it free of cost
if warranty period isn't expired & any
physical damage is not done :-D

Your have corsair psu..
And corsair rma is ossum..

For rma contact :
kaizeninfoserve
Room 2 , 3rd floor
14 princep street , kolkata 700072
Tel - +91-33-32498234

Corsair toll free - 1800-425-5464

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Corsair (i.e. kaizenin) don't repair anything, they replace the product.
@OP: Just RMA the PSU, you will get a new one which should work without any problem.

OP
S

satsworld

Broken In
Well....I went to supreme again.......They found out the problem is with psu.....I submitted that there....(I also contacted corsair service with the given numbers.....they told me it will take one week(????) cause it will go to bangalore(???)).....Supreme also told me that if i submit to them it will also take one week..So..:oops: i submitted it to supreme..as it felt like the better option as the will also assemble it...but anyways thanks a lot guys :):lol:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
You have done it wrong. Instead of giving it back to supreme you should have submitted it to Keizen.

smithrick

Broken In
first detach all cords. examine the mother board for jumpers. all should be properly linked.then reunite only the mother board power cords. and examine. if it performs excellent then no problems. it would be a reduce relationship problem. if not then lend a buddies SMPS and examine.

Top Bottom