Computer hangs, help needed

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I am unable to understand this, I've got a 3.2 Ghz quad core processor (Phenom 840) with 4 GB of DDR3 RAM (bought last week) and my computer hangs at everything. Be it copying a 7 GB file from one internal to another internal HDD, installing a game or Extracting a 70 Part 7 GB rar archive.

I just did all these 3 activities and I am unable to run just 1 other program, Opera browser, along with any of these. There is hardly any difference with my old 2 Ghz dual core with 1.5 GB of DDR2 RAM. Is there some problem?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
please post your full config as its easier to check what component you have rather than going to your other thread.

is cool & quite on? if yes, turn it off & try again.
try a linux live cd if you have one.
have you installed latest drivers or the bundled ones? or the one that comes with windows update?
have you played any game. if no, try & check if it hangs too.

lastly it can be cause if hard drive such as a bad data cable or if it is twisted.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
AMD Phenom II X4 840
4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM
1TB Seagate 7200.12 HDD
500 GB WD Green HDD
MSI Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5

I was copying a 7 GB file from my 1TB to my 500 GB HDD using speedcommander and simultaneously running Opera browser. Every few seconds it was getting stuck. When the copying was done, there were no disturbances.

Split second velocity is running at 30 FPS at 1600x900 and High Quality

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ check the HDD - use seagate seatools for dos ( bootable version ) for that and run a long test - check the ram module with memtest app.

Top Bottom