Computer Freezes while playing audio

midhu

Broken In
Hi All,

My Computer Freezes whenever I try to play audio files, I was using Windows 7, one fine day 7 got stuck in the windows logo screen, safe mode worked well. I tried to reinstall Windows 7 got stuck again in logo screen. Then I moved to windows XP SP2, after the installation I've tried to play an audio file then PC got froze, hard reset was the only way out. after removing the audio driver(Realtek HD Audio Driver) PC worked fine, the same experience with updated driver and new Creative Sound card. I can only install/uninstall audio drivers or media players in safemode.

Tried different HDDs same result
tried memtest, came out zero errors

PC Config:

Intel I5 2320 3Ghz,
4 GB DDR3 Corsair,
MB: Gigabyte GA H61M-S2P
HDD: Segate 320GB

googled the same query but no useful result, hope you guys can solve my problem...:)

Thanks in advance.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Go to ControlPanel->PerformanceInformationAndTools->AdvancedTools->ViewPerformanceDetailsIn EventLog ... Choose EventViewer (Local) on the top of the tree and check for errors and warnings.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi All,

My Computer Freezes whenever I try to play audio files, I was using Windows 7, one fine day 7 got stuck in the windows logo screen, safe mode worked well. I tried to reinstall Windows 7 got stuck again in logo screen. Then I moved to windows XP SP2, after the installation I've tried to play an audio file then PC got froze, hard reset was the only way out. after removing the audio driver(Realtek HD Audio Driver) PC worked fine, the same experience with updated driver and new Creative Sound card. I can only install/uninstall audio drivers or media players in safemode.

Tried different HDDs same result
tried memtest, came out zero errors

PC Config:

Intel I5 2320 3Ghz,
4 GB DDR3 Corsair,
MB: Gigabyte GA H61M-S2P
HDD: Segate 320GB

googled the same query but no useful result, hope you guys can solve my problem...:)

Thanks in advance.

looks like the onboard audio chip has gone bad. BTW, did you try only with speakers ? If yes try with a headphone.

OP
midhu

midhu

Broken In
Go to ControlPanel->PerformanceInformationAndTools->AdvancedTools->ViewPerformanceDetailsIn EventLog ... Choose EventViewer (Local) on the top of the tree and check for errors and warnings.

thanks a lot for the quick reply..:) I've checked the EventViewer, under system tree I'd see two errors mentioned below

" error1.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the reply topgear,

I've tried a different sound card and updated onboard audio driver too but the issue remains same. Actually the problem is I'm not able to do anything with audio, if try to play a song or install a media player or audio driver the whole system freezes instantly. So the only way to operate my PC is to run it in safemode..:(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yesterday even I've faced kinda similar issue. First I thought mobos audio chip is gone but later under device manager I've found lots of entries about Nvidia HDMI audio device or stuff like that. Disabled those and restarted pc. Voila ! everything started to work normally. So check under device manager if there's any other audio driver entries. If so disable everything else sand Realtek. Even if this does not solve the issue disable onboard audio from bios and then install the creative sound card. Now try to install driver. BTW, do you have a discrete graphic card ?

OP
midhu

midhu

Broken In
yesterday even I've faced kinda similar issue. First I thought mobos audio chip is gone but later under device manager I've found lots of entries about Nvidia HDMI audio device or stuff like that. Disabled those and restarted pc. Voila ! everything started to work normally. So check under device manager if there's any other audio driver entries. If so disable everything else sand Realtek. Even if this does not solve the issue disable onboard audio from bios and then install the creative sound card. Now try to install driver. BTW, do you have a discrete graphic card ?

many thanks topgear...:)

finally I'd hear some sounds after weeks actually..did the same thing like mentioned above disabled onboard audio from BIOS and install sound card, works well.. [h=1]owe you big time brother...:)[/h]

Top Bottom