Computer for 50K budget [no GPU] [only cabinet parts]

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
ok thanks for link.. but local will be good for me..
ok will go for asus b85..
yes I can wait for 960 though.. I will buy this ring in 2nd week of feb or end of feb..
so confirming again and again same rig here and there... :)
ok so seagate 2tb only choice left.

thanks all..
Don't close this thread,... ;)

buying locally bargain hard. trust i have done that and it even works on pc components.
now I will wait for 960 price cut...

OP
A

amit.tiger12

ProcessorIntel i5 469016,000
CPU Coolerstock0
MotherboardASUS H97M-E7,400
MemoryCorsair Vengeance DDR3 8GBx15,400
Graphics CardAsus GTX 970 4GB DDR5 DC II OC Strix Edition28,200
Power SupplySeasonic S12II 5205,000
CabinetDeepcool Tesseract2,700
Internal StorageSeagate Barracuda 2 TB5,800
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L8,800
KeyboardCooler Master Devastator Gaming Bundle2,500
MouseIncluded in combo
Total82,200

I decided this one, is it good rig???
Actually budget was 50K + 20K (Adding gpu, after convincing dad for GTX 970) + 10K (separate budget for Monitor)..
Is it really good rig??

My doubts,

GPU =
GTX 970 is in news for its wrong datasheets? is it good to buy?
After reading tomshardware February 2015 best gpu list, I added this to my rig and then convinced my dad (instead buying GTX 960)
but I also saw some new coming from game-debate, that new 3xx series from AMD is really impressive and great. So should I wait?
Actually keeping eye on GTX 970 to go at 25k, then I will buy complete rig, 2 weeks I can wait. Or should I wait again for that 3xx (if it offers value for money in same price of gtx 970)

Keyboard mouse =
as you read my post, you will find that I am not into much gaming, buy I can play that hardcore gaming.. I am doubtful over keyboard and mouse. Is that 3K is worth buying or just go for Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo for 800 rs?

CPU =
i5 4690 is as good as gtx 970? because I havn't seen anyone suggesting 4690 with 970.
any bottleneck ?

Last edited by a moderator:

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
yes new AMD 3series might be impressive but they will also launch at a rather high prices here. better to buy gtx 970 very good performance card. and from next time just tell us you're whole budget and not separate them like you did.

CPU Coolerstock0
MotherboardASUS H97M-E7,400
MemoryCorsair Vengeance DDR3 8GBx15,400
MonitorDell S2240L8,800
MouseIncluded in combo
Total82,200

I decided this one, is it good rig???
Actually budget was 50K + 20K (Adding gpu, after convincing dad for GTX 970) + 10K (separate budget for Monitor)..
Is it really good rig??

My doubts,

GPU =
GTX 970 is in news for its wrong datasheets? is it good to buy?
After reading tomshardware February 2015 best gpu list, I added this to my rig and then convinced my dad (instead buying GTX 960)
but I also saw some new coming from game-debate, that new 3xx series from AMD is really impressive and great. So should I wait?
Actually keeping eye on GTX 970 to go at 25k, then I will buy complete rig, 2 weeks I can wait. Or should I wait again for that 3xx (if it offers value for money in same price of gtx 970)

Keyboard mouse =
as you read my post, you will find that I am not into much gaming, buy I can play that hardcore gaming.. I am doubtful over keyboard and mouse. Is that 3K is worth buying or just go for Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo for 800 rs?

CPU =
i5 4690 is as good as gtx 970? because I havn't seen anyone suggesting 4690 with 970.
any bottleneck ?

> The config is fine.

> The waiting game never ends. You wait for one thing, another things gets announced. Get 970 now and be happy.

> You can get MK200 if you aren't a huge gamer.

> No bottlenecks with that CPU. Even an i3 won't bottleneck a 970 in normal circumstances.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

yes new AMD 3series might be impressive but they will also launch at a rather high prices here. better to buy gtx 970 very good performance card. and from next time just tell us you're whole budget and not separate them like you did.

I think there is no next time.. it's my final by in coming weeks. at least for 5 years and more.

> The config is fine.

> The waiting game never ends. You wait for one thing, another things gets announced. Get 970 now and be happy.

> You can get MK200 if you aren't a huge gamer.

> No bottlenecks with that CPU. Even an i3 won't bottleneck a 970 in normal circumstances.

okay . fine rig :)

ok. so 970. buying next week

Cooler Master Devastator Gaming Bundle is my choice.. ;)

I wanted to ask that "i5 4690 (in cpu) = gtx 970 (in gpu)" are same on performance..

what about psu is it ok?? it's 520 watts ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I think there is no next time.. it's my final by in coming weeks. at least for 5 years and more.

I wanted to ask that "i5 4690 (in cpu) = gtx 970 (in gpu)" are same on performance..

get G400s or G302 and a regular keyboard.. 2000 dpi is very low, atleast for me.. upgrade to a mechanical keyboard later on...
Devastator has better aesthetics though and the keyboard, apart from the backlighting has no other advantage (infact its 4 KRO)..Thats why settle for a cheapo Dell/HP keyboard and later on a sensible upgrade on the keyboard, will be a mech keyboard..

Last edited:
OP
A

amit.tiger12

that seasonic psu is more than sufficient.

thank you..

get G400s or G302 and a regular keyboard.. 2000 dpi is very low, atleast for me.. upgrade to a mechanical keyboard later on...
Devastator has better aesthetics though and the keyboard, apart from the backlighting has no other advantage (infact its 4 KRO)..Thats why settle for a cheapo Dell/HP keyboard and later on a sensible upgrade on the keyboard, will be a mech keyboard..

???
should buy or not?
I think someone should start forum for "mouse and keyboards"..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
thank you..

???
should buy or not?
I think someone should start forum for "mouse and keyboards"..

If you do not want backlighting, the G400s will last a lot longer, has better handling, better DPI and better mouse feet.. its a tried and tested product, majority of people here have this.. Its available for Rs 1.5k
For the keyboard, you can buy any Dell/HP keyboard and it should provide the same things the Devastator keyboard provides, minus the backlighting.. Later on, upgrade to a Mechanical keyboard, those things are really expensive but have a very good feedback when typing

Those are completely different parts. What do you want to ask?

OP
A

amit.tiger12

If you do not want backlighting, the G400s will last a lot longer, has better handling, better DPI and better mouse feet.. its a tried and tested product, majority of people here have this.. Its available for Rs 1.5k
For the keyboard, you can buy any Dell/HP keyboard and it should provide the same things the Devastator keyboard provides, minus the backlighting.. Later on, upgrade to a Mechanical keyboard, those things are really expensive but have a very good feedback when typing

Ok. little confusing. because that pc buying guide suggested same gaming bundle for 3 rigs.
Please suggest me keyboard also.. best suited with g400s and within same budget...

Those are completely different parts. What do you want to ask?

Actually I want to ask that, they are perfectly made for each other?? for non-overclockers best cpu and best gpu suggestion is 4690 & 970? ;)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Assuming you are getting the Devastator combo within 3k,
G400s will cost you Rs 1.5k, Logitech G105 is available for 2599 (ebay)..
You may use any 9% off coupon to shave off some moolah from both, these two products are miles ahead of CM Devastator..
Also a very cheap alternative is Corsair LK1 - Cost is around Rs 1k, its built like a tank, and has a good number of KRO (im not sure how many).. Only cons is, it doesnt resemble a gaming keyboard at all :/ and again no backlighting
But honestly speaking, If I were in your place, id skip getting a membrane gaming keyboard, instead id save up for a mechanical keyboard upgrade a couple of months later
you can go for this - g400s + Corsair lm2 + Razer Goliathus mousepad = 1.6k + 1k + 0.6k = Rs 3100-3200 ish
its upto you m9, Devastator isnt a bad product by any means, its main USP is it's looks

Last edited:

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
get the TVS Gold Mechanical keyboard for 15k to 18k. i have used it oh the click sound is so satisfying

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

Devastator isnt actually a gaming combo. The mouse has 4 keys (in which one is inaccesible) and the keyboard has backlight. Thats all 'gaming' to it. But Devastator's keyboard sure are good for typing. Its of the good membrane KBs i've come across for typing. Also TVS Gold is very good for typing, but not gaming.

A G300/G400 + G105 would be far better than Devastator.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

Assuming you are getting the Devastator combo within 3k,
G400s will cost you Rs 1.5k, Logitech G105 is available for 2599 (ebay)..
You may use any 9% off coupon to shave off some moolah from both, these two products are miles ahead of CM Devastator..
Also a very cheap alternative is Corsair LK1 - Cost is around Rs 1k, its built like a tank, and has a good number of KRO (im not sure how many).. Only cons is, it doesnt resemble a gaming keyboard at all :/ and again no backlighting
But honestly speaking, If I were in your place, id skip getting a membrane gaming keyboard, instead id save up for a mechanical keyboard upgrade a couple of months later
you can go for this - g400s + Corsair lm2 + Razer Goliathus mousepad = 1.6k + 1k + 0.6k = Rs 3100-3200 ish
its upto you m9, Devastator isnt a bad product by any means, its main USP is it's looks

ok.. thanks for suggestions.. I searched on google but did not find any good article on gaming keyboard, mouse, comparisons, review.

get the TVS Gold Mechanical keyboard for 15k to 18k. i have used it oh the click sound is so satisfying

?? too high price.. ok leave it.. I will buy Cooler Master Devastator Gaming Bundle only...

Devastator isnt actually a gaming combo. The mouse has 4 keys (in which one is inaccesible) and the keyboard has backlight. Thats all 'gaming' to it. But Devastator's keyboard sure are good for typing. Its of the good membrane KBs i've come across for typing. Also TVS Gold is very good for typing, but not gaming.

A G300/G400 + G105 would be far better than Devastator.

ohhk.. g400 is good.. :) what about Logitech G400s
but for g105 reviews are not that good.. suggest another please..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yes, i meant the G400s only, G400 is discontinued..

also, HEMAN meant 1.5k-1.8k not 15k lol its the cheapest mechanical keyboard using cherry mx blue switches.. an absolute boon for your fingers while typing but it looks really really bad.. if looks are not your thing, you can go for it

OP
A

amit.tiger12

yes, i meant the G400s only, G400 is discontinued..

also, HEMAN meant 1.5k-1.8k not 15k lol its the cheapest mechanical keyboard using cherry mx blue switches.. an absolute boon for your fingers while typing but it looks really really bad.. if looks are not your thing, you can go for it

ohhk..

kk. I will check that also.. thanks.. ;) indian company??
any other suggestion? one last time?

OP
A

amit.tiger12

Processor
Intel i5 469016,000
CPU Coolerstock0
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
MemoryCorsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB X 2
MonitorDell S2240L 21.5 inch
MouseIncluded in combo
Total82,200

Is it good config for now..??? it's time to buy this rig... correct me with price..
and give me some better deal.. finally everything is broken... I need new rig..

is anything from this rig need to be changed >???.. as I created this thread long back and I don't want SSD..
And I want best i5 processor (i5 4690 was best at that time when created post..), dont want to OC.. please need help.. going to buy rig this week... from Lamington road or online shopping (only if best deal).... :)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
CPU Coolerstock0
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H97M-D3H7,200
MemoryCorsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB X 25,400
MonitorDell S2240L 21.5 inch8,800
MouseIncluded in combo0
Total82,200

Is it good config for now..??? it's time to buy this rig... correct me with price..
and give me some better deal.. finally everything is broken... I need new rig..

is anything from this rig need to be changed >???.. as I created this thread long back and I don't want SSD..
And I want best i5 processor (i5 4690 was best at that time when created post..), dont want to OC.. please need help.. going to buy rig this week... from Lamington road or online shopping (only if best deal).... :)

You can save some bucks and use it on other components. There is not much performance difference between i5 4690 vs i5 4440 so go with i5 4440.

Go with the following Config:

ProcessorIntel Core i5 4440 3.1Ghz12,500
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO1,700
MotherboardMSI H97 PC Mate6,500
MemoryCorsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBX2) 1600Mhz5,400
Graphics CardZotac GTX 970 4GB DDR526,000
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 520 EVO Edition(Fully Modular)6,000
CabinetCorsair SPEC-013,700
Internal StorageWD Caviar Purple 2 TB6,000
Optical DriveAsus-DRW 24D3ST DVD/RW1,100
MonitorDell S2240L 21.5" LED IPS8,000