Computer for 50K budget [no GPU] [only cabinet parts]

OP
A

amit.tiger12

Which cabinet?

actually there are lots of cabinet available.. so confused a lot.. I doubt if you mention something will be available at locally or not... please suggest 2-3 cabinet with same price below 3K...

CPU = Intel Core i5 4590 = 13000,
GPU = ASUS Strix GTX 960 2GB = 19000,
Mobo = Gigabyte B85M-D3H = 5400,
RAM = Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB = 6000,
HDD = WD Caviar Blue 2 TB = 5500,
PSU = Antec VP550P = 3500,
Cabinet = Deepcool TESSERACT -3300,
KB = Cooler Master Devastator Gaming Bundle -3200,
DVDRW = Asus 24B5ST DVDRW -1100.
Total = 60,000.

Monitor = Dell S2240L LED IPS = 9000. (Separate Budget)

this is really good rig...

cpu = but i5 4590 is not available @13K.. are you suggesting local price for 4590??
is that so then 4690 also available at low price in local. :)
(4590/4690)

Mobo = I will stick to asus.. if gigabyte available at low price then will buy that..
(Asus B85M-G/Gigabyte B85M-D3H)

HDD = Seagate Barracuda 2 TB confirmed

cabinet = suggest 2-3 more.. I doubt if that will be available at locally or not... prioritize the cabinets..

Keyboard mouse = great.. will stick to that another best below 3k.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

if you are going to buy gtx 960 for 19k just get r9 285 then.

960 is available below 18K locally.. I need to check that first.. but I will stick to 960.. I doubt 960 will be available locally as its new.. I think I need to wait..

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
After sale service of Seagate is not good in India. Wd offers hassle free rma and there is a wd rep here too. It is your pick though. Some people may have bad experience with wd and good experience with Seagate. I do not compel, but just sharing my thoughts. Do you think psus with 80 certification, other blah blah offers exceptional quality over others? You might be wrong. Just check reviews of the unit before you buy. 80 certification is not enough to describe the quality of a product. Just check following threads. Might be helpful to you. Find some time to read.
*www.digit.in/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html

*www.digit.in/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/184285-psu-suggestion-list.html

quicky008

Technomancer
960 is available below 18K locally.. I need to check that first.. but I will stick to 960.. I doubt 960 will be available locally as its new.. I think I need to wait..

Any particular reason as to why you're prefering 960 above R9 285?Isn't r9 285 supposed to be slightly faster than the former?

OP
A

amit.tiger12

After sale service of Seagate is not good in India. Wd offers hassle free rma and there is a wd rep here too. It is your pick though. Some people may have bad experience with wd and good experience with Seagate. I do not compel, but just sharing my thoughts. Do you think psus with 80 certification, other blah blah offers exceptional quality over others? You might be wrong. Just check reviews of the unit before you buy. 80 certification is not enough to describe the quality of a product. Just check following threads. Might be helpful to you. Find some time to read.
*www.digit.in/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html

*www.digit.in/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/184285-psu-suggestion-list.html

Ok.. india service is really bad for all products. but I never looked for RMA, and never did that.. If product is faulty provider can replace that?? right??
I never experienced wd or even seagate, and others are saying gaming performance is good for seagate.. which one you will recommend to me?? for 2TB seagate or wd?? I will finalize which you select...

thnks for links.. :)
Actually I learned in college about efficiency.. output/input = efficiency (engineering student), and antec VP550P has 80+ certification.. you also mention the same at #35 post...
And my rig required approx 400 watts below, 8o% of 550 is 440 apprx, and I know that it's not always 80%, it's below 80%...
Yes I know that, 80+ are not always provides quality, but 80+ can be sure for your power consumption, at least we can sue them if not..
Don't worry, I am buying antec ony.. 550 ;)
PSU = Antec VP550P

- - - Updated - - -

Any particular reason as to why you're prefering 960 above R9 285?Isn't r9 285 supposed to be slightly faster than the former?

reason is low power (less electricity bill).
285 is really good and faster but it's 2k more I guess. 960 is at 18K or below. And but I will play games on 1080p only.

quicky008

Technomancer
Ok.. india service is really bad for all products. but I never looked for RMA, and never did that.. If product is faulty provider can replace that?? right??
I never experienced wd or even seagate, and others are saying gaming performance is good for seagate.. which one you will recommend to me?? for 2TB seagate or wd?? I will finalize which you select...

thnks for links.. :)
Actually I learned in college about efficiency.. output/input = efficiency (engineering student), and antec VP550P has 80+ certification.. you also mention the same at #35 post...
And my rig required approx 400 watts below, 8o% of 550 is 440 apprx, and I know that it's not always 80%, it's below 80%...
Yes I know that, 80+ are not always provides quality, but 80+ can be sure for your power consumption, at least we can sue them if not..
PSU = Antec VP550P

- - - Updated - - -

reason is low power (less electricity bill).
285 is really good and faster but it's 2k more I guess. 960 is at 18K or below. And but I will play games on 1080p only.

Go for WD caviar purple 2tb drive,its a really robust hdd and comes with 3 years warranty-avoid seagate,their after sales service isn't upto the mark.I've also been planning on buying the 960,but what worries me is that it has just 2 gb vram whereas some of amd's offerings in the same price range come with as much as 3-4 gb of vram,so this may become a bit of a problem in future when newer titles start demanding increased amounts of vram (3gb or more) in order to run properly.

If you are spending 19k for and that too for gtx 960 ,I'd suggest skip the fancy headphones for now and buy a asus r9 290 at 22k it's better than anything less than gtx970,

OP
A

amit.tiger12

Go for WD caviar purple 2tb drive,its a really robust hdd and comes with 3 years warranty-avoid seagate,their after sales service isn't upto the mark.I've also been planning on buying the 960,but what worries me is that it has just 2 gb vram whereas some of amd's offerings in the same price range come with as much as 3-4 gb of vram,so this may become a bit of a problem in future when newer titles start demanding increased amounts of vram (3gb or more) in order to run properly.

wd cavier purple?? another one added to list of wd green, blue and black.. it should fit into budget..

actually if game demands more vram in future then we can buy new gpu at that time.. why to worry about future.? right?
and if prices are exactly same and offers good value for money go for more that "vram"...
I did not find similar price gpu like 960 which offers more vram.. even 960 4gb vram will be launched in march.. you can wait...
actually I want to play games which are released and will be released in this year, and other old titles.. so don't want to look into future.. maybe we can get more vram with low cost in future.. nobody knows..
so better buy for current year games...enjoy..:)

- - - Updated - - -

If you are spending 19k for and that too for gtx 960 ,I'd suggest skip the fancy headphones for now and buy a asus r9 290 at 22k it's better than anything less than gtx970,

I am not going to buy headphones (it's optional if some bucks remain.).. actually it's way to high for gpu budget.. dad already gave me 10K extra for gpu, addition with 50K for whole rig.. so above 20K is way too high for me.. and 960 is available below 18K i guess.. I need to check locally.

- - - Updated - - -

They are neck to neck, just in bandwidth heavy apps and at resolution higher than fullhd ,r9 285 gets an upper hand which I think op won't encounter

please elaborate..
r9 285 is more great for great resolution I don't think that matters when I will buy only 1080p monitor..
and some site say 960 is good card than 285
*gpuboss.com/gpus/Graphics-cards-for-under-200-best-Passmark-score-5940591

wd cavier purple?? another one added to list of wd green, blue and black.. it should fit into budget..

actually if game demands more vram in future then we can buy new gpu at that time.. why to worry about future.? right?
and if prices are exactly same and offers good value for money go for more that "vram"...
I did not find similar price gpu like 960 which offers more vram.. even 960 4gb vram will be launched in march.. you can wait...
actually I want to play games which are released and will be released in this year, and other old titles.. so don't want to look into future.. maybe we can get more vram with low cost in future.. nobody knows..
so better buy for current year games...enjoy..:)

- - - Updated - - -

I am not going to buy headphones (it's optional if some bucks remain.).. actually it's way to high for gpu budget.. dad already gave me 10K extra for gpu, addition with 50K for whole rig.. so above 20K is way too high for me.. and 960 is available below 18K i guess.. I need to check locally.

- - - Updated - - -

please elaborate..
r9 285 is more great for great resolution I don't think that matters when I will buy only 1080p monitor..
and some site say 960 is good card than 285
The Graphics cards for under $200 with the best Passmark score

That's what I said, you are not going to play above 1080p so get whatever is cheaper

As for their performance,there's hardly 4-7% difference in them on average, depending upon game, in some games gtx960 get upper hand and in some games r9 285

And even if you do get a 4GB gtx 960, 128 bit memory bus will keep giving you trouble in bandwidth heavy games /apps, no matter how good nvidia's color compression is or how much you overclock your memory, I'm sure you've seen the benches, as soon as games/apps demand more memory ,the gtx start sweating as compared to r9 285
Personally I'd get whatever is cheaper, but I do think even at 17k it's overpriced,considering nvidia and board partners didn't have to worry about power and heat all that much,if they could keep gtx 970 price as low as 27k at launch I think they definitely could go for a conservative pricing as 16k for this one and still make Money

OP
A

amit.tiger12

That's what I said, you are not going to play above 1080p so get whatever is cheaper

As for their performance,there's hardly 4-7% difference in them on average, depending upon game, in some games gtx960 get upper hand and in some games r9 285

And even if you do get a 4GB gtx 960, 128 bit memory bus will keep giving you trouble in bandwidth heavy games /apps, no matter how good nvidia's color compression is or how much you overclock your memory, I'm sure you've seen the benches, as soon as games/apps demand more memory ,the gtx start sweating as compared to r9 285
Personally I'd get whatever is cheaper, but I do think even at 17k it's overpriced,considering nvidia and board partners didn't have to worry about power and heat all that much,if they could keep gtx 970 price as low as 27k at launch I think they definitely could go for a conservative pricing as 16k for this one and still make Money

I have doubt over 128 bit, other gpu provides 256 bit..
so is it really good buy??
noticeable difference in 128 bit or 256 bit??

follow link

We prefer 960 over the equally priced R9 285, primarily because it's cooler and quieter.

For desktops, the GTX 960 ($200) should be strongly considered when building a new mid-range gaming PC, right alongside AMD's embattled R9 285 ($210) and 280 ($170); the power, thermal, and software argument presently favors nVidia, though AMD still loosely holds onto higher framerates in many cases.

Cons For GTX 960
Current price of Rs. 18,000 is very high, you can easily buy a GTX 970 with Rs. 26,000. Considering you are stuck due to budget than you can buy GTX 960 or my best advice will be to hold on for 1 month and see it slide down a little.

*gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/reviews/n...960-dc2oc-and-zotac-gtx960-amp-edition-652353

it is becoming really confusing when go deeper...
that's why people don't buy newly launched gpu...
I will wait and buy gpu later, will this cause any upgrade to existing config?? means more watts needed?
current is Antec VP550P

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]

please close other threads, from this subforum...
or if you can delete it (old threads).. please do it..

thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
If product is faulty provider can replace that?? right??

if the product is faulty, then service centers will replace/repair .but the experience is different for different products/brands. some repalces/repairs so early while others take time. some do get new products while others get refurbished ones etc.
gaming performance is dependent on cpu+gpu combo not on hard drive. any 7200 rpm ones should do. ;) for 2tb, there is only seagate i can suggest as 2tb wd blue is not available.2tb black costs 10k and 2tb is green is not good for a primary drive.
PSU = Antec VP550P
efficiency is not everything. the quality of the components used t o build a psu is the most important factor than a certification. higher certification does not imply that better components are packed inside. and you may know that cpu+gpu consumes most power and they need 12v output to work. combined 12v output of most units will be less than the rated power(which basically is the sum for +33v,+5v and +12v) especially for low end psus. you should select a psu such that the 12v combined power is close to its total power out put. you should not get psu labelled at 500w which can provide only 250W on 12v rail.
i woul suggest seasonic s12ii520, else vp550p is fine.
again look for reviews before you buy for everything.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz

again add 3k and u can get gtx 970 zotac standard edition for 25100.

see this is the problem we face in gpu upgrade coz of our pricing policy in india

see this is the problem we face in gpu upgrade coz of our pricing policy in india
Hehehe dead right, policy is utter crap here
As for that suggestion I thought he had separate budget for headphones, but alas he do not ,that's why I suggested it

I have doubt over 128 bit, other gpu provides 256 bit..
so is it really good buy??
noticeable difference in 128 bit or 256 bit??

follow link

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Review: Asus Strix GTX960-DC2OC and Zotac GTX960 Amp Edition | NDTV Gadgets

it is becoming really confusing when go deeper...
that's why people don't buy newly launched gpu...
I will wait and buy gpu later, will this cause any upgrade to existing config?? means more watts needed?
current is Antec VP550P

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION]

please close other threads, from this subforum...
or if you can delete it (old threads).. please do it..

thanks..

That's a valid question, unfortunately I am not aware of performance of antec VP 550p with a r9 290,285 (if you do decide to buy it), you can ask other members for that perticular piece of advice, but if you go with nvidia Maxwell (960,970) it should be perfectly alright

Well you wouldn't note the difference with current games at full HD ,but I think when newer games will launch and stress a gpu for memory, or you'll apply lots of mods that's when you'll notice the effect of bandwidth shortage

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
WHY IS THIS THREAD SO MESSY?? What's going on? Why is there no questionnaire in a 2 page thread?? Why? Clear it up OP. Fill up the questionnaire with the budget for all the computer hardware and not accessories. In the last question, mention what accessories are you thinking to buy at what price.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

if the product is faulty, then service centers will replace/repair .but the experience is different for different products/brands. some repalces/repairs so early while others take time. some do get new products while others get refurbished ones etc.

ok. thanks for info.

gaming performance is dependent on cpu+gpu combo not on hard drive. any 7200 rpm ones should do. :wink: for 2tb, there is only seagate i can suggest as 2tb wd blue is not available.2tb black costs 10k and 2tb is green is not good for a primary drive.

areee... now you are suggesting seagate, earlier you were telling me to buy WD..
[STRIKE]WD Caviar Blue 2 TB may be available locally. Same product you are suggesting??[/STRIKE]
Sorry WD caviar blue 2TB does not exist...
so seagate 2TB confirm?? or WD caviar blue 1TB x 2 ??
Buying everything locally.

efficiency is not everything. the quality of the components used to build a psu is the most important factor than a certification. higher certification does not imply that better components are packed inside. and you may know that cpu+gpu consumes most power and they need 12v output to work. combined 12v output of most units will be less than the rated power(which basically is the sum for +33v,+5v and +12v) especially for low end psus. you should select a psu such that the 12v combined power is close to its total power out put. you should not get psu labelled at 500w which can provide only 250W on 12v rail.
i woul suggest seasonic s12ii520, else vp550p is fine.

ok thanks.
priority wise buying.. (means should not go out of budget) (buying locally)
1. seasonic s12ii520
2. antec vp550p

again look for reviews before you buy for everything.

it will take more time again...
Hey, buddy, please help me with gpu... Asus strix 960 is good choice??
and for mobo also.. Asus B85M-G or Gigabyte B85M-D3H??

really bad thing...
even I saw some prebuilt rigs shows, for 50k= gtx 770, 60k/70K/80K= gtx 970..
new card really get more time to settle down.. that is why I mentioned thread name with "No GPU"... So I can "at least" use computer.. :)
topic for debate..
NDTV Gadgets show price of 960 around 19,500 for Asus strix, and 18000 for zotac amp edition
I have to find out price for 960 locally..
Confused over gpu again and again and again...

Hehehe dead right, policy is utter crap here
As for that suggestion I thought he had separate budget for headphones, but alas he do not ,that's why I suggested it

I mention headphone, because I thought everything will fit into budget and headphone also.. but headphones is optional...

Well you wouldn't note the difference with current games at full HD ,but I think when newer games will launch and stress a gpu for memory, or you'll apply lots of mods that's when you'll notice the effect of bandwidth shortage

960 or any other??
Don't confuse me now.
I have never played game on any gpu on my pc. I tried on others pc but don't know whether they use it or not.. but played game on friend's PS 3..
Suggest me considering these things...

WHY IS THIS THREAD SO MESSY?? What's going on? Why is there no questionnaire in a 2 page thread?? Why? Clear it up OP. Fill up the questionnaire with the budget for all the computer hardware and not accessories. In the last question, mention what accessories are you thinking to buy at what price.

because, when we think, we messed up everything ;)
There is questionnaire on #18 post..

Finalized everything.. check this rig...

CPU = Intel i5 4690 = 16K
GPU = ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 960 = 19K
Mobo = Asus B85M-G = 6K
RAM = Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GBx1 = 5K
HDD = Seagate Barracuda 2 TB = 6k
PSU = Antec VP550P = 4k
Cabinet = Deepcool TESSERACT = 3k
Key & Mouse = Cooler Master Devastator Gaming Bundle = 3k
Optical Drive = Asus 24B5ST DVDRW -1K
Total = 63K
local cost can be low..

Monitor = Dell S2240L 21.5 = 9K (10k seperate budget)

Last edited by a moderator:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i5 4690 is cheaper here .PROCESSOR INTEL CORE I5 4690
for mobo, both are fine. i would suggest asus though as there were complaints that gigabyte removing certain components of mobo without changing version no.
if you are spending 19k for 960, i would advice you to wait for a price cut. it should definitely come down soon.
i suggested seagate because you needed 2tbhdd, and there are not 2tb wd blue. wd black 2tb costs 10k which you may not be able to afford. wd 1tb x 2 will cost over 7k atleast.it is your decision though.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

i5 4690 is cheaper here .PROCESSOR INTEL CORE I5 4690
for mobo, both are fine. i would suggest asus though as there were complaints that gigabyte removing certain components of mobo without changing version no.
if you are spending 19k for 960, i would advice you to wait for a price cut. it should definitely come down soon.
i suggested seagate because you needed 2tbhdd, and there are not 2tb wd blue. wd black 2tb costs 10k which you may not be able to afford. wd 1tb x 2 will cost over 7k atleast.it is your decision though.

ok thanks for link.. but local will be good for me..
ok will go for asus b85..
yes I can wait for 960 though.. I will buy this ring in 2nd week of feb or end of feb..
so confirming again and again same rig here and there... :)
ok so seagate 2tb only choice left.

now I will wait for 960 price cut...

thanks all..
Don't close this thread,... ;)

Top Bottom