Computer for 50K budget [no GPU] [only cabinet parts]

A

amit.tiger12

Gaming for 80K budget

My questions/doubts before questionnaire.. Please answer this..

1. Overclocking really needed???
I'm normal user, never did overclocking. Now using Pentium D820 CPU. How will it benefit me? I think overclocking will need "better" cooler, OC motherboard and what else please update me?
I don't want to invest in that way. I will use for games (latest) (not all time gamer), video conversion, multiple applications..
Overclocking needed?

2. quad core vs octa core, which to buy? Intel or AMD?
Intel vs AMD, 4 vs 8. more are useful in multiple application. Now games are also being developed to use all 8/12/16 core. But true core power is achieved by Intel only.
Intel Core i5 4690 (good), AMD FX 9370 (little high price)
Intel Core i5 4690 vs AMD FX 9370

3. other problem is, 5th gen coming, I don't see i5 5th gen for desktop, should I wait for 5th gen?? or go for 4th gen??

I am asking this because, I will not buy GPU. I found that on board gpu gives good gaming experience. And heard that 5th gen have really better on board graphics than 4th gen.. So should I wait for that purpose, and my computer still in working condition [excluding monitor (yellowish CRT) and keyboard and mouse. Cabinet parts are working perfect giving less issue.] so I can wait for i5.

I will answer it later first please help me above.. I mention only cpu above, just to compare. My bufget will be 50K.

After deciding on 4th or 5th gen I will answer below. ;) Don't forget to remind me..

Real questionnaire...

Last edited by a moderator:
> Overclocking doesn't help much in gaming. Video conversion gets benefit from it though. It's not worth the extra you need to spend on a K cpu and Z series board.

> 4 cores are more than enough for you. AMD vs Intel? You want to buy processors or companies?

> Yes, you should wait for 5 gen CPUs.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

> Overclocking doesn't help much in gaming. Video conversion gets benefit from it though. It's not worth the extra you need to spend on a K cpu and Z series board.

> 4 cores are more than enough for you. AMD vs Intel? You want to buy processors or companies?

> Yes, you should wait for 5 gen CPUs.

>thanks not buying K series..

>4 cores are better. :)
I mentioned these company because the cpus I mentioned are giving approx similar performance.. AMD (8 core) and Intel (4 core), which one will be good to buy? AMD or Intel? Intel Core i5 4690 vs AMD FX 9370
I don't have much money to buy companies.. ;)

>How much time to wait for 5th gen???

and what about on board graphics?? is it really good in 5th gen??

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
>4 cores are better. :)
I mentioned these company because the cpus I mentioned are giving approx similar performance.. AMD (8 core) and Intel (4 core), which one will be good to buy? AMD or Intel? Intel Core i5 4690 vs AMD FX 9370

forget about 9370. not worth. getting an fx8320/850+overclocking will provide similar performance (over 9370).
for heavily multi threaded apps, 8350 will be better. for gaming, currently i5 is better. the choice of cpu selection depends on your usage ;)

>How much time to wait for 5th gen???

and what about on board graphics?? is it really good in 5th gen??

i dont know the exact time frame. but i hope it is not too far.
for the performance of igpu, wait for benchmarks. for full hd gaming, you may forget igpus ;)

OP
A

amit.tiger12

Don't rely too much on iGPU be it on the 4th gen processors or 5th gen for gaming and that too for current games. :wink:

after googling, i think i have to buy gpu also...

4th gen igpus were quite good, they could run FC3 @medium on 720p

I also thought that, because I never bought GPU, and almost ran GTA san on pentium D820 (some lag)..
I use nexus 5, and play games on it. So I am thinking to buy best processor instead buying CPU+GPU, I am confused now..

forget about 9370. not worth. getting an fx8320/850+overclocking will provide similar performance (over 9370).
for heavily multi threaded apps, 8350 will be better. for gaming, currently i5 is better. the choice of cpu selection depends on your usage ;)

No I am not into much overclocking. never tried it. but I can learn it. no problem with that. Problem is I don't want to waste more bucks on "Cooler", stock cooler is good for me.
Why I choose i5 4690, because it's new and really good in i5 range. And other 4670, 4460 are also good but not much powerful.

i dont know the exact time frame. but i hope it is not too far.
for the performance of igpu, wait for benchmarks. for full hd gaming, you may forget igpus ;)

So is it worth a wait?? because newly launched cpus will be high on price.. and will take time to settle down..

My computer still works good. In feb end I will buy new config. so should I wait for 5th gen???

If you want to wait than know this, even if desktop broadwell do see the light of the day, hot on their heels will be skylake, what I'm saying is your broadwell CPU will be outdated by 1 gen in 6 months,further skylake will bring big improvements in CPU too, I may be wrong as all of this is pure speculation since neither broadwell or skylake is available, but it's mentioned again and again that skylake is on track, so if you want to wait wait for that else buy something now

OP
A

amit.tiger12

If you want to wait than know this, even if desktop broadwell do see the light of the day, hot on their heels will be skylake, what I'm saying is your broadwell CPU will be outdated by 1 gen in 6 months,further skylake will bring big improvements in CPU too, I may be wrong as all of this is pure speculation since neither broadwell or skylake is available, but it's mentioned again and again that skylake is on track, so if you want to wait wait for that else buy something now

ohk. yes I can wait... for long also.. no hurry.. my budget will also increase by the time..

OP
A

amit.tiger12

dont accept skylake before 2016 to buy that you can build a system around also it will be expensive at launch.

I can wait till may 2015, or 2 months more... If rumors gets stronger about "skylake" then I can skip buying this year...
Is there any big announcement about 5th gen coming till may ??? So I can prepare my list for buying...

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
waiting for skylake means, you need to increase your budget too as there are news that ddr4 prices may not settle until 2016 or so and those memory is atleast twice costlier than ddr3 here.
you better look at 5th gen.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
I can wait till may 2015, or 2 months more... If rumors gets stronger about "skylake" then I can skip buying this year...
Is there any big announcement about 5th gen coming till may ??? So I can prepare my list for buying...

if you want to wait for 5th gen or skylake then wait till june 2015. it will be more clear then. also z97 is still very good. also its better to upgrade to gen 2 skylake rather then gen1 at launch

OP
A

amit.tiger12

if you want to wait for 5th gen or skylake then wait till june 2015. it will be more clear then. also z97 is still very good. also its better to upgrade to gen 2 skylake rather then gen1 at launch

I'm really confused now.. my dad gave me money yesterday (now in bank).. and told me whenever you decides to buy just go and buy.. My friends are telling me to buy it now.. but my old computer still working fine, so I can wait for more months..
What you think??? should I buy now??? or wait???

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I'm really confused now.. my dad gave me money yesterday (now in bank).. and told me whenever you decides to buy just go and buy.. My friends are telling me to buy it now.. but my old computer still working fine, so I can wait for more months..
What you think??? should I buy now??? or wait???

ild also say to buy it now as skylake wont be releasing soon and after skylake, you'll emd up waiting for new AMD GPUs. Alsothe prices would be high at lauch and as rijinok said, DDR4s will be too costly.

BTW where did the questionnaire from your thread go?

OP
A

amit.tiger12

ild also say to buy it now as skylake wont be releasing soon and after skylake, you'll emd up waiting for new AMD GPUs. Alsothe prices would be high at lauch and as rijinok said, DDR4s will be too costly.
hmmm... at launch high price.. :(
BTW where did the questionnaire from your thread go?
actually in first post I mentioned after the decision I will add questionnaire... I will add it in evening.. I think I should buy now... I will take suggestions from my friends again and after that I will fill questionnaire.. thnks :)

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
hmmm... at launch high price.. :(

actually in first post I mentioned after the decision I will add questionnaire... I will add it in evening.. I think I should buy now... I will take suggestions from my friends again and after that I will fill questionnaire.. thnks :)

ohkk :)

OP
A

amit.tiger12

@harshilsharma63
@rijinpk1
@SaiyanGoku
@adityak469
@UndercoveredKnight8492
@HE-MAN

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
latest games, GTA 5 (latest), handbrake, video conversion, basic autocad (latest version always), blog...

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:
budget is 50K, no gpu, no monitor, no keyboard+mouse, no headset... only cabinet parts (excluding gpu).. I will buy GPU with separate budget, if needed.

For 50K (includes)
CPU, PSU, Motherboard (ATX?? Micro ATX??), HDD (2 TB), SDD (If needed 120/128 GB), RAM (8*1 GB)
, Case with front connectors (local buy, mention model)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No...

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 8.1, win 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: HDD 2 TB Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST2000DM001)
if budget allows, then SSD 120 Samsung 850 EVO

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Not with this budget but already decided which one to buy..
Dell S2240L = 9K

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Separate Buy:-
Monitor, Keyboard+Mouse, Headset, GPU (If needed)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1st week of feb or end of jan..

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Never built desktop, buy I have knowledge which part to connect.. Manual will be there...

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, Lamington Road. Please suggest good store there, who already purchased from there and gives good after sale support.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Actually not into much gaming.. but have big budget.. But want to use best i5 processor... No overclock..

Parts I decided within 50K budget :
CPU = i5 4690 (best) = 17K / i5 4460
Motherboard = ...
PSU = ...
HDD = 2 TB Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST2000DM001) = 6K
SSD = SSD 120 Samsung 850 EVO = 6K
Case = ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom