compressing photos....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pragadheesh

In the zone
hi,
i want a software dat can reduce the size of photos.. i have lots of photos of size 2-3MB (copied from digi cam). i want to compress these photos without loss of quality.. help me with some softwares dat can compress/reduce d size of photos..??

Saharika

In the zone
well beleive me the best in the market for this is soft called advanced jpeg compressor...
in its default setting it compress upto 90% ,600 kb becomes 60 kb...
but it is not free..
but what i can say is if u search for c......ack of it it is not that diffcult as well
well its indian market...
it is available for download in download.com...trail one

overclocker

Journeyman
Absolutely I agree with Saharika... I have already used this soft it's a very nice soft for compressing digital images in JPEG format u collect it frm here
*www.winsoftmagic.com/

digiFriend

In the zone
there is one freeware software name "KGB Archiver". it can compress office 2006 from 450 M.B to 1.4 M.B.(you can store compressed version of office 2006 on a floppy)
it is very powerful compressor, but will also take lots of time to compress it.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Have a look at JAlbum. It will create navigable albums for your set of images. You can then delete those navigation files and thumbnails. Deleting them takes max 2-3 min ;) but this software does a great job!!

Have a look at *www.deitydarshan.com (mainly festival pics). All the photographs there are first clicked with a 6 MP Digital SLR and then resized in bulk using JAlbum.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Another good free alternative is Photofiltre. It has automation feature wherein you can select a list of files and set them all to resize. Perhaps for sake of web upload and for emailing/viewing on screen, you can set max of 1024x768.

Arun

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Saharika said:
well beleive me the best in the market for this is soft called advanced jpeg compressor...
in its default setting it compress upto 90% ,600 kb becomes 60 kb...
but it is not free..
but what i can say is if u search for c......ack of it it is not that diffcult as well
well its indian market...
it is available for download in download.com...trail one
i too agree..

but here is another cheap and easy sollution... just in xp press the edit option selecting the pic and it opens in MS paint.. just save it in jpeg again and see the size got reduced.. i don know how but it works with me when i want to compress pic of 2-3 mb of sony cyber shot

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Tuxfan, The link you have given is *www.jalbum.net/ . It actually redirects to *jalbum.net/ !!
Check it for yourself. Mine is the correct link : *jalbum.net/

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Tuxfan, Today morning (Dec 1, 2006) around 11:30 AM , link *www.jalbum.net/ was not working.
But *jalbum.net/ was working fine. I checked both the links today evening. Both the links are working!!*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

tuxfan

Technomancer
:lol: Both the links work from here from beginning :p Anyway, when you were right and even I was right, why hijack this thread? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom