Compress videos??

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ :lol: you will find it more important if you have larger screens like 30+.. then you can immediately pick up difference between low bit rate video and high bit rate video.. no focus -background area will be very blurry in low bit rate while in High bit rate it will be sharp..

parth.khopkar96

The Dark Knight
I download such movies too...They are generally in mkv format. It is able to play good video(better than avi atleast) even at low file size. Of course there would be difference between mp4 blu-ray and mkv blu-ray.

Tarun

In the zone
i use Format Factory for it i should say pretty good
i usually convert to 640x480 or 720p MKV @ 512 bit rate at min and 726 or something like that at max but keep in mind the Movie or the video should be in a HD quality or something which pretty clean to see bcoz while this the quality goes down abit but not that visible on a PC monitor

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Will their size be different? I guess they will.

Yes..size will differ & also mkv is popular on internet ;)

i use Format Factory for it i should say pretty good
i usually convert to 640x480 or 720p MKV @ 512 bit rate at min and 726 or something like that at max but keep in mind the Movie or the video should be in a HD quality or something which pretty clean to see bcoz while this the quality goes down abit but not that visible on a PC monitor

FF is much better than AVC :p

aswin1

Journeyman
MKV video files are reasonably good but sound quality is another matter. MP4 is better in this regard.

RahulB

Journeyman
1.) You can compress a movie to 500 MB by using lower bitrate, I guess a video bitrate of 700 to 800 kbps and audio bitrate of 92 kbps ( HE-AAC ) is used.

2.) Bitrate is no measure of quality, proper settings and filters can give great results, however when you go to such low bitrate for HD resolutions quality will suffer no matter what settings you use because the encoder just cannot supply sufficient amount of bits during encoding ( starved ).

3.) Proper settings are important, you must have seen videos with high bitrate ( ex - 8000 kbps ) but their quality is lower than some files with lower bitrates, why, improper settings.

4.) You can create such videos using Handbrake, here is the guide

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/tutorials/149241-video-encoding-beginners.html

just lower the bitrate according to your preferences

5.) Bitrate refers to the amount of data allocated per second of video ( kilo-bits-per-second ), how this allocation is done depends on the encoder and settings used, better algorithms will do better allocation but will be slower.

6.) MKV and MP4 are only containers, video and audio quality has nothing to do with the containers used but with the codec used, MP4 and MKV are both modern containers and work very well for H.264 codec, both MKV and MP4 support H.264 very well, you can use either of these containers for your audio-video needs, with absolutely no difference in quality...

>>>> There are few differences between MKV and MP4 though, like
- MP4 ( A derivative of MOV ) is more natively supported on a variety of devices ( iPod, iPads etc ) than MKV.

- MKV container supports more formats than MP4, example you cannot mux AC-3 audio in MP4

- MKV supports virtually any audio video compared to the limited support on MP4, plus it is open ( freely license ) so it is the recommended format...

Also note container overhead is same for MP4 and MKV, unlike M2TS.

Here is a great Wikipedia article ( Table ) comparison of different containers, do check it out

Comparison of container formats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:)) :)) :))

Top Bottom